3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New products .......... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/130338-new-products.html)

CyberGypsy 01-05-2008 06:23 PM

New products ..........

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I would start a thread about new items at the stores feel free to post a good or bad item...

I just bought green Giant Healthy Weight frozen veggies, They were amazing~

Green Giant says: Sliced Carrots, Sugar Snap Peas, Black Beans and Edamame, Lightly Tossed with Butter Sauce. Diets rich in foods naturally containing fiber can help you maintain a healthier body weight.

Purplefirefly 01-05-2008 06:27 PM

I really love the Special K20 Protein water mix packets. I liked the water but it is so expensive in the bottles...so now they have the little packets you mix into your own bottles and I love them! Only 30 calories, and it gives you 5 gram so protein, 5 grams of fiber...no sugar. I paid $3.99 for a box of seven packs and it will last me awhile. I use these when I am at calorie limit, or when I just can't eat something right away...the protein makes me feel full :)

Rizeninme 01-05-2008 10:55 PM

I really love the new frozen dinners by Kashi- WAY better than anything else (with the exception of Amy's frozen dinners) My local store only has four different ones so hopefully they will be making new meals soon.

Heather 01-05-2008 11:11 PM

Be careful of the veggies in butter -- they can have lots of extra calories and saturated fat!!

I am learning I like almonds -- and am mixing almonds with a little dried fruit for a yummy snack!

SuchAPrettyFace 01-05-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purplefirefly (Post 1983256)
I really love the Special K20 Protein water mix packets. I liked the water but it is so expensive in the bottles...so now they have the little packets you mix into your own bottles and I love them! Only 30 calories, and it gives you 5 gram so protein, 5 grams of fiber...no sugar. I paid $3.99 for a box of seven packs and it will last me awhile. I use these when I am at calorie limit, or when I just can't eat something right away...the protein makes me feel full :)

Are you able to post the ingredients? I'm most interested to see what it has, if not sugar. Is is Splenda/Sorbitol? Saccharine? Nutra Sweet (jeez, does anyone even remember when they called it that? I feel like I just dated myself with that one.) aka Aspartame? Just curious. :)

Purplefirefly 01-06-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace (Post 1983622)
Are you able to post the ingredients? I'm most interested to see what it has, if not sugar.

Ingredients from the Iced Tea box: Polydextrose, whey protein isolate, citric acid, caramel color, contains 2% or less of black tea extract, natural flavor, soy lechithin, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, ethoxylated mono-and diglycerides, tricalcium phosphate, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12.

:dizzy: I don't know what most of that is, but the sucralose would be the sweetner I guess. It is less than 2% so not much in there...they are not real sweet but do taste good.

Nori71 01-06-2008 04:52 PM

I bought some Mountain Bread a few weeks ago. I have no idea if this qualifies as a "new item", but it's new to me and to the store I shop at. It's a flat bread that works great for wraps. It's the thickness of construction paper - real thin - but holds together fairly well. I've only used it for wraps but the package has lots of suggestions...lasagna, nachos, salad bowls/cups, cannelloni, souvlaki and spring rolls.They come in lots of "flavors": Barley, Organic Whole Wheat, Oat, Whole Wheat, Rye, Rice, White & Corn. They aren't chuck full of nutrition or anything, but they serve as a good alternative to bread for me.
Calories 70
Carbs 13.4g
Protein 2.7g
Fat .3g
Fiber 1.3g

fiberlover 01-06-2008 04:54 PM

I don't know if these are new, but we just discovered them. Boboli now makes its mini pizza crusts in whole wheat!
They are quite good, too.

FresnoBeeDude 01-06-2008 05:39 PM

I second that about the Green Giant Line, they also have a healthy vision and immunity boost. You (meaning me) can get these at a Super Wal-Mart for $1.18 each. Every once in awhile, like in todays paper there is a 50c off for 2 of these.

As for the bread. Not "new", but I enjoy using Sarah Lee's Delightful bread. 90 calories for 2 slices. 18g of carbs, 5g of fiber, 5g protein, 1g fat

jillybean720 01-06-2008 05:50 PM

I am a HUGE fan of Progresso's new Light soups. I am in love with the Southwestern Style Vegetable soup. I've heard the Italian Style Vegetable is good as well, but I haven't tried it yet. It is a full serving of veggies per serving of soup and only 60 calories. A whole can is only 2 servings, so only 120 calories and 2 servings of veggies. For someone who hates veggies as much as I do, it's a godsend!

I haven't tried any of the Kashi frozen meals yet because of the price. I'm not sure I've seen them for less than $3.50 each, whereas I can get the spa cuisine Lean Cuisine meals (the ones that only use whole grain pastas and rices and have more veggies) on sale for 2/$4 or even 2/$3. I'm sure the Kashi ones are much better, but I just can't get myself to take the plunge!

I can say that one thing I am ANNOYED about lately is that Dole used to make a clear plastic jar of pineapple tidbits packed in juice (sold in the canned fruit section), but now they pack the pineapple in light syrup instead. I don't buy it now because of that :mad:

sockmonkey70 01-06-2008 06:30 PM

My favorite new product is Hot Pockets Twisted Stix. They are 130 cals (5g fat, 5 g protien) and a nice mini meal to compliment a good salad. Also great in curbing my pizza cravings. They come in double cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza, and ham and cheese!

CyberGypsy 01-06-2008 07:12 PM

Great Guys keep them coming good or bad, I am going to try a few when i shop tomorrow :)

Purplefirefly 01-06-2008 07:37 PM

Sockmonkey---thanks for posting on the twisted stix...I am going to try them tomorrow because pizza is the one thing i have yet to find a good replacement food for, this may just do the trick :)

Trazey34 01-06-2008 07:46 PM

they're new to me, and i buy them sparingly! Caribou Coffee Mocha Granola Bars!

oh.my.god!!!

they're sooooo gooooood....25% fat so better than a chocolate bar, and whole grains & calcium are added to make you feel a bit better about the choice LOL, but a nice treat once in a while, very chocolatey & coffee-y tasting!

CyberGypsy 01-06-2008 08:15 PM

I like the new chicken breasts from Perdue, each one is wrapped, kinda like the flavored ones but reall good