Old 01-03-2008, 11:57 PM   #1  
Wannabe Health Nut!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/128

Height: 5"4

Talking My new favorite food toy.. (Aerolatte)

And my new favorite food toy is..

The AeroLatte! I saw it at Bed Bath & Beyond and was fairly skeptical, but figured if it didn't work out I could return it.. Anyway, happy to say that so far it works great. Now I don't have to make any more trips to Starbucks! (I'm a poor college kid)

I've been using 1% milk and will 'graduate' to fat-free milk, but I couldn't really tell the difference after it had been whipped.

Now I make my lattes with 1% 'whipped', some Splenda and my regular coffee with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmug. I hope to upgrade my coffee experience with some sugar-free syrups in mint and vanilla to start with. Yummy!

I've also tried the 'milkshakes', which are basically just the whipped milk with some chocolate syrup, and those are good and refreshing as well.

I'm thinking with a heavier milk (or cream) you could make whipped topping as well.
LittleMissMotivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #2  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

cool, i love new toys!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

I'm happy to add, I've had my aerolatte for *years* (just so you know this is not some kind of product which is going to last a month or two)....and I love it.! My whole family loves it. My kids love to make chocolate milk with it! Hubby loves to "whip up" milk for on top of his hot chocolates. I loved using for 1% or non-fat milk for lattes and for my coffees.

Of course, sadly, I am off milk products for my current lifestyle plan, but it is a great product that is small, but totally functional and makes your everyday coffee seem, well "starbucked" so-to-speak.

Enjoy!
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:46 AM   #4  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

That sounds like a neat and tasty toy! Does it actually make the milk like whipped cream consistency? If it does, I may have to go to BBB!
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240\226\~140

Height: 5 feet 10 inches

Just wanted to give you a tip, you can actually buy Starbucks sugar free syrups (Vanilla, Hazelnut, Cinnamon Dolce, Caramel, Gingerbread and Mocha) from any Starbucks. They are only about 7 bucks and they taste pretty close to what can be made at Starbucks.

I'm actually a Starbucks barista and I have my own espresso machine at home and just buy the syrups for home instead of making the trip to get my coffee's now.
Stinarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Wow! I'd love to come to your houses for a cuppa! I just have my regular ole Mister Coffee coffeemaker.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Stinarz, I just discovered this, and bought myself a bottle of the sf gingerbread syrup the other day. Which do you like the most? It's much less expensive this way than the price of Torano in my grocery store. I love the vanilla, and want to try the toasted marshmallow next. For my 50 lbs. lost reward, I've already decided that I want a Toddy and an Aerolatte. I just love my afternoon latte pick-me-up/snack!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 01-04-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote