3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   My new favorite food toy.. (Aerolatte) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/130180-my-new-favorite-food-toy-aerolatte.html)

LittleMissMotivation 01-03-2008 11:57 PM

My new favorite food toy.. (Aerolatte)

And my new favorite food toy is..

The AeroLatte! I saw it at Bed Bath & Beyond and was fairly skeptical, but figured if it didn't work out I could return it.. Anyway, happy to say that so far it works great. Now I don't have to make any more trips to Starbucks! (I'm a poor college kid)

I've been using 1% milk and will 'graduate' to fat-free milk, but I couldn't really tell the difference after it had been whipped.

Now I make my lattes with 1% 'whipped', some Splenda and my regular coffee with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmug. I hope to upgrade my coffee experience with some sugar-free syrups in mint and vanilla to start with. Yummy! :D

I've also tried the 'milkshakes', which are basically just the whipped milk with some chocolate syrup, and those are good and refreshing as well.

I'm thinking with a heavier milk (or cream) you could make whipped topping as well.

math puppy 01-04-2008 12:04 AM

cool, i love new toys!

kissingginger 01-04-2008 12:28 AM

I'm happy to add, I've had my aerolatte for *years* (just so you know this is not some kind of product which is going to last a month or two)....and I love it.! My whole family loves it. My kids love to make chocolate milk with it! Hubby loves to "whip up" milk for on top of his hot chocolates. I loved using for 1% or non-fat milk for lattes and for my coffees.

Of course, sadly, I am off milk products for my current lifestyle plan, but it is a great product that is small, but totally functional and makes your everyday coffee seem, well "starbucked" so-to-speak.

Enjoy!

gastronome 01-04-2008 12:46 AM

That sounds like a neat and tasty toy! Does it actually make the milk like whipped cream consistency? If it does, I may have to go to BBB!

Stinarz 01-04-2008 12:50 AM

Just wanted to give you a tip, you can actually buy Starbucks sugar free syrups (Vanilla, Hazelnut, Cinnamon Dolce, Caramel, Gingerbread and Mocha) from any Starbucks. They are only about 7 bucks and they taste pretty close to what can be made at Starbucks.

I'm actually a Starbucks barista and I have my own espresso machine at home and just buy the syrups for home instead of making the trip to get my coffee's now.

GirlyGirlSebas 01-04-2008 10:08 AM

Wow! I'd love to come to your houses for a cuppa! I just have my regular ole Mister Coffee coffeemaker.

Schmoodle 01-04-2008 11:02 AM

Stinarz, I just discovered this, and bought myself a bottle of the sf gingerbread syrup the other day. Which do you like the most? It's much less expensive this way than the price of Torano in my grocery store. I love the vanilla, and want to try the toasted marshmallow next. For my 50 lbs. lost reward, I've already decided that I want a Toddy and an Aerolatte. I just love my afternoon latte pick-me-up/snack!