Old 12-24-2007, 06:46 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability/Planning/Menus December 24-30

Welcome! Do you need some accountability? A place to list your plan? A place to list your menu? Support? This is the place to get it!!! We can do this!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:50 AM   #2  
mj5

Ok, so I really should be getting ready for work....I have to go in for a little while today, although they will send us home early (and pay for a full day). Hubby has to work today too, so I figured why use a vacation day?

BUT, today is weigh in day and I just had to share..........I lost 1 lb!!!! I am shocked! I would have been happy w/ maintaining--with the treats I have allowed myself (not a lot, but some) and the little bit of exercise I have had time for I wasn't sure what the scale would say this am. I am thrilled!!!!

I cannot believe I am almost out of the 240's!!!

I want to thank each and every one of you for your support. I know that I am the one who has to do it, but w/ the support of everyone here I am learning that I can do it!

Have a great holiday!!
Old 12-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #3  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats MJ! I really think that we don't really need to swear of sweets for life unless we have something like diabetes -- I think I am speaking for most people when the main problem lies in that they are triggers, so if you can have one piece and stick to that, then you're doing great and I don't see how it could hold you back! *throws a party for MJ*

Happy Christmas Eve everybody! I'm going over to my fiance's brother's house in about 40 minutes to an hour.

I bought a pair of jeans that were a little tight to serve as some motivation. They fit pretty good except that they are kind of "low rise" and so my huge fat roll hangs over it... it fits my waist darn near perfectly though, so before I can really feel comfortable wearing these in public I need to down size in the stomach region, lol.

Last edited by rakel; 12-24-2007 at 01:35 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #4  
is recommitted

I'm retaining some water today and probably gained about a pound... I didn't think I did too bad, though. I did sample some desserts again (homemade cheescake, how could I resist? I just had a little bitty sliver!) but I was mostly snacking on pretzels, crackers, etc so I had a lot of salty things. Today we're having turkey, stuffing, potatoes, salad, etc. Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas! We're just having a quiet evening at home and may have some people coming over later.
Old 12-25-2007, 03:55 PM   #5  
mj5

Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying your time w/ friends and family. I just had a mini-meltdown. It totally came out of no where. This is only the 2nd Christmas w/ out my dad and I miss him so much. I still can't believe he is gone. He was such a big kid--Christmas was his favorite time of year, so that makes it extra hard. I know I will be ok, but it just hit me like a ton of bricks while I was drying my hair. On top of that, one of my cousin's announced last night that she is expecting her first baby. Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for both her and her hubby, but we have been trying for soooooooo long and I have some issues that may prevent it from happening for us.

Rakel--Congrats on the jeans! I have a pair of "jeans that I will fit into someday" hanging in my room....just seeing them reminds me to keep at it! I agree, at least for me, totally eliminating certain things is not an option--it only leads me to feeling the need to binge on them later. I do know that I have limits though and there are some things that aren't good to have in the house, unless they are at least already pre-packaged. A quiet evening at home sounds nice!

Ok, enough feeling sorry for myself! I have to get ready for dinner. I will be ok. I will NOT use this as an excuse to eat a bunch of crap!
Old 12-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

MJ, that would be so hard to deal with, hope you get through all the emotions okay. Two big things at once, sometimes life is just not fair. You are doing awesome, hang in there.

I lost 1 lb. this week, not sure how, but i'll take it. That puts me at 8 lbs. for the month! That is unheard of for me in December! Talk more later, just wanted to say I am still alive

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 12-25-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #7  
is recommitted

MJ -- I can relate. My fiance's dad died December 15th, 2005, so it's rough for his family too, especially his mom.

Food wise, I'm pretty sure I've gone over my "diet" ... but the good news is that it's almost 10pm and I still don't feel hungry, so I probably won't be eating much more if anything tonight. We have plenty of leftovers so I don't particularly feel like I need to eat everything tonight.

I also have my second interview for a job tomorrow @ 2pm... eeee!

Last edited by rakel; 12-25-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:01 AM   #8  
mj5

Good Morning!

Purplefirefly--Thanks. Unfortunately, our family has a lot of unpleasant 'anniverseries' around the holidays. Normally I am able to prepare myself better for them, but yeterday, I don't know, I think it was just because that was the first kind of quiet time I had to myself and it all sort of came crashing in. The good news is, I have a great family (although it's hard to remember that sometimes!) and we can get through anything!!! CONGRATS!!! Hey, 1lb is awesome!!!

Rakel--Good luck at your interview! Not that you'll need it, of course! Let us know how it goes!

I am in MUCH better spirits today. As I said to purplefirefly, I think that I finally had a moment to myself and everything hit me at once. I did pretty good w/ food. I skipped desert--even though it was chocolate cream pie (who is this person?!), I just didn't want any. I had a 2nd dish of tossed salad instead! I did have an extra glass of wine, which I don't normally do, but that's ok.

Today it is back to the gym! I have to check w/ brother, I think he said that he finally signed up for his membership, if he did and used my name, I will get a free month added on to mine! Yippee! If he forgot to use my name, I should still be able to get them to add the month to mine...one of the benefits of going to a small gym!

Have a great day! I'll probably be around later!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

good morning ladies. I am wrung out, hung over from the sugar and white flour and feeling like ****. Was it worth it? Well, it was fun while I was eating it, but now I definitely say no. I did fine until the cookie party Sunday (even had lost 2 more lbs. at weigh in on Saturday), and it's been downhill since then with the sweets. Otherwise food has been fine, but fudge, cookies, gah! Even typing those words right now makes me want to hurl. Okay, fun's over now, back to normal, and what a relief! This thread has helped me so much, and I feel like it's so important to plan today, since I've still got a lot of that other stuff hanging around. Although last night a lot of it went into the garbage, I kept a few things for the kids to finish over the next couple of days.

rakel, best of luck with that interview!
mj5, I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday. Christmas does seem to bring up lots of emotions, good and bad. My grandfather died on Christmas eve, and Christmas has never been the same for my grandmother since. He too, loved Christmas, and having all the family together. He had a spiffy red vest he would wear every year. will you and your brother be working out together? That sounds fun! I really need to find an exercise buddy!
purple, you are amazing! 8 lbs! I thought I was doing well, and I had only lost 4 in December. Although, we'll see what the scale has to say on Saturday! I'm sure it won't be more than 4, but it may very well be less!

Oops! Forgot my whole reason for posting!
B - Chicken salad on toast
S - Celery with LCLC, V8
L - leftover eggplant stuffed with shrimp and crab, green beans
S - Apple and a latte
D - Beef -vegetable stew

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-26-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

schmoodle, if you get back on plan now I think you will be surprised what you could take off by your next weigh in! I was shocked at my lb. this week, so go for it! I am hoping for 2 more on Monday, I have never lost 10 in one month.

My son's birthday party is at noon today so things aren't back to normal yet. MIL insisted that he HAS to have his party on his birthday, not the first week in January like we did last year. Her birthday is the 27th and she feels doing it on any other day isn't right I kind of feel he is getting cheated because a lot less people will show up today, though we already got their gifts, but energy wise he is being cheated.

Anyway, it's cake day and I am wanting a piece...they make sugar free cakes and I was going to get one for me and hubby, but I don't think I can handle Splenda. MIL made a bunch of desserts with it yesterday and I had some banana pudding and small bit of strawberry fluff, then came home and had a few small cookies made with it...and I was running in and out of the bathroom all night, my stomach just did not agree at ALL! So, I have decided I might let myself have one tiny piece of cake...there will be nothing there to binge on really, we are bowling afterward (he loves to bowl!) so that is active and will get my mind off food, and I don't want to spend his 4th birthday sitting there with my water while everyone celebrates. So, one small little piece for me and then I send the cake home with someone else if there's leftovers.

That's my plan, I'll let you all know how it goes
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

Sorry that I've been MIA. I survived Christmas, but went so totally off plan that I can't even find my plan this morning! I'm afraid to step on the scales as I imagine that I've gained quite a few pounds. I've made a promise with myself that I'll get on them tomorrow morning and get accountable with myself. My brother, sister-in-law and two little nephews are here for the holidays. They live in another country and haven't had some of their favorite foods for six months. Needless to say, my safety zone around here isn't so safe. The house if full of my favorite temptations.....egg nog, cookies, chocolate, pie, etc etc etc. I've totally overdone the sugar and am feeling very yuck! I'm trying not to wait until January 1st to get back on track. Its not easy. They are taking us out to eat at our favorite barbecue restaurant tonight. Yikes!

Rakel - Please let us know how your interview goes today. I'll say a prayer for you at 2:00.
Schmoodle - 'hung over' is the perfect description for how I'm feeling and it is sooooo not worth it.
Purple - Sounds like you have a great plan for handling the cake today. Hope you have fun bowling.
MJ - This is my third Christmas without my Mom. She passed on Dec 28 of 2004. I've enjoyed the holidays this year, but things still seem a bit bittersweet. I'm glad your brother is joining your gym. Will the two of you work out together some? That might be fun.

Well, I better concentrate on my work. I've been off for the last 7 days and I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #12  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Mine wasn't too bad, but it feels so good to be back in my own house again. Best thing is I seem to have lost about a pound which for this time of year is phenomenal. Last year over the Christmas-New Year period, I put on 8...

The cat is OK - the vet couldn't find anything wrong with him. The foot is definitely tender, but there's no reason for it. She's leaning towards arthritis. They told me when I picked him up that they'd have him in any time - I'd hate to think what the other cats they had in are like because my cat is definitely hard work!

Thursday night, I'd just finished packing and sat down when there was an earthquake. It went on for such a long time that I knew it was a big one - found out that it was centered on a town 900 kms away and ended up being 6.6. Some property damage, no fatalities and only a couple of people injured. Still, not what you'd wish on anyone at any time let alone Christmas.

The sleeping dramas sorted themselves out. My sister took one look at the caravan my parents' had hired and refused to sleep in it. By that stage my mother had had enough and told her that she was sleeping on the lounge floor. And as for the caravan - let's just say that the C word in our family refers to a completely different word starting with C...

Christmas was good. Everyone loved the presents I bought which was great. I'm always nervous about that. I got vouchers for Farmers (slightly upmarket department store) and the Warehouse (cheap department store) from my grandmothers, new gym clothes from my parents and my sister and brother in law indulged my Lush addiction. We always get a Santa present as well - it's usually something like a book or similar - and I got a DVD of one of my favourite TV shows from years ago, so yay!

MJ, go you! You're doing so well at the moment! Sending lots of to you - it's a difficult time of the year at the best of times, let alone when you've lost someone recently.

Rakel, slightly too tight clothes are a fantastic motivation aren't they!
Good luck with the interview - let us know how it goes!

Purple, awesome at this time of year! Good luck with the birthday party.

Schmoodle, it's difficult at this time of year to stay 100% on track. Go you for getting back on track so quickly.

Rhonda, I know you'll get yourself back on track!

Have a fantastic day, ladies!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks....the holiday food fenzy is over!! I ate too many cookies..but, am anxious to get back to some more healthy and sane eating.

Sorry I couldn't post. So much company...non stop. It was a wonderful, wonderful Christmas - filled with many good memories. My 10 month grandson was here from Michigan. It was grand!

My plan for today:

breakfast - cherrios, banana, milk
lunch - open face turkey mustand, asparagus
snack - yogurt, crackers
dinner, grilled light cheese, tomatoe soup, veggies and dip
snack - blueberries, yogurt, flax, milk

Have a great day!!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #14  
mj5

Hi again!

Schmoodle--Good for you for getting back on track!

Purplefirefly--Ahh, family....Have fun at the bday. You can do this!

Rhonda--enjoy your company! You can do this too!!! I am sorry to hear about your mom. I'm with you. I enjoy the holidays, but definitely bittersweet.

Nicole--Welcme back! Glad your cat is doing ok. I hate it when there is anything wrong w/ my 'girls'. Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas! Thanks!!

I think it was Schmoodle and Rhonda who asked about me working out w/ my brother. We probably will some, but our schedules are pretty different, so it won't happen a lot. Too bad too, he would really kick my butt! I do need him to tweak my weight lifting routine, though because I am starting to get bored with it. He is the one who put it together in the first place. It's really nice to be able to 'use' him as a resource. There are trainers at my gym who are more than willing to help, but w/ my brother, he knows about my knee and stuff and I don't have to explain everything to someone else.

Ok, I have to get ready for a meeting. I am SO tired today. I am going to go to the gym right after work for a bit of cardio. I must admit I thought about skipping the gym because I am so tired, but I really want to keep the routine of going, so I AM going!
Old 12-26-2007, 03:39 PM   #15  
is recommitted

Hey everyone! Just got back from the interview. They have narrowed their choices down to 4 people for 2 positions, so I guess that makes it a 50% chance? I think the first interview went a little better, for some reason I was a lot more nervous this time around, but over all I think it went really well and I pawned off some of my homemade fudge onto them, muahaha. I have a few more bags to give away now, and I think I know where they will be going. Anyhoo, they told me to hang in there, and that they ideally want to start both positions at the same time in the first or second week of January. So I guess from here I'll get a call from the guy who interviewed me first and "we'll take it from there." This waiting and waiting is excruciating, and I think by now if I don't get it I will be more disappointed than I would if they just told me now they didn't want me -- but I am still looking and hoping to get some more interviews lined up.