Old 12-01-2007, 06:40 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default December NSV's

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! It's also capable of provoking a few tears every now and then. So let's start filling er' up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:41 AM   #2  

Height: 1.67m

I'll start
It's not a big thing perhaps, but kinda big to me. I have always had an "all or nothing" mentality, in other words I have either been "on" plan and eaten nothing but diet type foods, or I have been bingeing on anything I can get my hands on. Well I started calorie counting, and I decided that I wouldnt have any forbidden foods at all, as long as I stuck to my calories (limit of 1600 per day atm).
Well, yesterday we had a takeaway chineese, and I was still within my calories, and today my weight had continued to go down.
It may not seem like a big thing, but its huge to me that I can eat and live like a "normal" person (not saying that bad foods absolutely have to be part of the diet, but still) and still be on plan.
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:33 AM   #3  

For the very first time in my life, I went shopping with my skinny friends for something other than shoes and accessories! I had an absolutely great time. What's so weird is at first I tried on a dress in a plus size store, and the smallest size was too big. So I went to a few stores with my friends and things actually fit quite nicely. I wanted to cry in the dressing room. It feels so good.
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Our house renovations are done!!!!! We're all moved out & our renters have moved in! What a huge relief to have it all done.

Last night we went out for a celebratory dinner with friends who have been helping us all week. When we sat down in the booth I kept trying to adjust the table towards us as I thought it was uneven but then realized it was bolted to the wall. I had tons of room between me & the table - I had to move forward to eat so I was close enough to the table!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

My NSV is this. I am down 30 pounds so I took some pictures to compare to my before pictures. I didn't see any difference and was bummed. But I posted them on my blog anyway. I have gotten SO many wonderful comments about how much better I look. It makes me feel like this really has made a difference even tho I have a hard time seeing it myself.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Lyn
Nice going on the weight loss. Nice pics. There is defiantly a difference. It a shame some of us ( me included ) don't see the difference that everyone else can see.

Life
Things like that make us realize how far we have come. Congrats, bet you had a smile on your face.

lola
Oh that is so great. I am finaly out of plus sizes and into 16's in pants and med and large in shirts. No I am not going to buy anything until spring. Not going to spend money on stuff that is only going to fit a couple of months but it was sure nice to see smaller stuff fit. I did have to get a few things because my other stuff was falling off me lol. Was so tickled went from a 42 D bra to a 40 D.

timker
That is the way to be. We shouldn't do without we should just watch that what we eat fits into what we allow our selfs. Ok, your fault. I have got to have Chinese this week sometime lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/188/130

I have two today!

It was sleeting and there was snow all over the ground and I went for my run anyway. I managed another five miles. I was all set to try for more, too, but I was afraid I'd freeze solid.

I have this pair of pajama pants that I bought last winter in a large and couldn't get up to my hips. They were too cute to throw out, though, so I saved them. I tried them last night, and although they are rather tight and I wouldn't wear them to sleep yet, (I like my pajamas way too large) they do fit over my hips easily.
Rosemund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I made soup, some potato and brocalli. I had a bowl, but was not impressed, usually I would of finished it, just bc I had paid money for it and didn't want to waste it, but I tossed it out anyway. I also threw out some leftover flan bc I didn't want it to tempt me. Down the garbage disposal it went!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #9  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

This actually happened on Friday, thus being November still. But since I am typing this today, it is December. So who will know any different?

First the bad news, I was in a automobile accident the day before Thanksgiving, my van was totalled. I however have taken advantage of the situation and am using a nice 24 speed bicycle that my brother had given me. I am using this every other day to travel to the neighboring town (9 miles!), and to/from both my jobs. I hope this will give me the oomph to lose the last 36lbs.

Because it is friggen cold nowadays (especially when you are pedalling!) I needed a thicker coat. On Friday I stopped into a discontinued-clothes type store. A store I could never have gone to in the past. In the past I was limited to a couple of stores, and I was limited to the style/colors they had in stock. Sweatpants were never fashionable. Anyways...back to the coat...I found a nice padded coat with an attached hood (that I later learned had velcro on the sides to cover up the face). This was the only hooded coat they had. It was a size large. I continued to look, could not find anything else. I decided to try it on, "just in case". It zipped up WONDERFULLY. It is sooo comfy! It was only $13!

The more I lose, the more styles, colors I see become available
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:04 PM   #10  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
My NSV is this. I am down 30 pounds so I took some pictures to compare to my before pictures. I didn't see any difference and was bummed. But I posted them on my blog anyway. I have gotten SO many wonderful comments about how much better I look. It makes me feel like this really has made a difference even tho I have a hard time seeing it myself.
I just looked, and WOW! There is a VERY noticeable difference! Way to go!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Rennie and Cassie, thanks for the compliments!! Makes me feel great
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #12  
active kids, active mom

Shoulders -- looks like I have some. I can feel them now and they are all muscular!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #13  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I fit into my first pair of 16's!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

I'm sitting here in a pair of size 14 pants and they're comfortable. I can tell how long it's been since I was a 14 because all of my old jeans in that size are acid wash. I've had enough old clothes to wear at each size as I've dropped, but I draw the line at wearing acid wash jeans. Apparently there's going to have to be a clothing run to Macys. Time to break out the gift card.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #15  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Robin
That is wonderful. Can't wait to join you in a size 14. Ok not both of us in the SAME size 14 lol but at least the same size lol.

Kim
Congrats. Bet you smiled when they slipped right on.

knits
Shows the body is going in the right direction doesn't it.

Fresno
Gosh hope you are doing better after your accident. It is nice, as we get into smaller sizes. Styles and colors become more readily available.

Rose
You are very dedicated, nice going.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote