Old 01-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/223/150

Height: 5'3"

txangelgirl, the parallels are unbelievable, I too was a size 4, then I had kids, and went up to 230 at my highest. Now I just want my wedding ring to fit, that is my first goal, my second is to be able to go to the gym without my fat bouncing too much. I am finding the bingeing and cravings subside(even though I am new to this) when I envision me thin in a beautiful house drinking wine and being me again. I don't mean the me because I looked good, the me that was active, skiid could run, move, etc. So, I would like to get down to 150 this year, maybe a little lofty? I guess I would be happy to get to 165. I am doing this for me, not anyone else. That helps I find that a main trigger of mine is anger. If I think about others, and the reason I am doing it for them, when I am mad at them I binge. Or, when I think about how my husband does not want to do anything, I get angry. I get lonely and I binge. The emotions are key, get to the emotions, and it is much easier. Why do you binge? What need is it filling? Address the need, think about the way you were b4 you binged, if there ever was a time and what was satisfied in your life and try to get it back. Or, if it is tough to do right now with your weight, promise yourself you will do it. promise yourself if you lose the weight you will do it. That is my motivator. I will allow myself some time for me, doing what I want, not just the kids more. I will enjoy life!!!
sgs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I LOVE this post and your enthusiasm. My goal for this year is to get my lab numbers down to a better level (there's room for improvement). And..I want to have the willingness to form a sane relationship with food. Oh yes...I would LOVE to enter onederland too!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote