Strech Marks & What To Do About Them

• Does anyone know any good ways to get rid of strech marks?

I've heard about this coco butter thing... I should try that I think..

Have you had any personal successes (OR LOSSES! haha) ??
  • We often have discussions about this and other body image issues. Go here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219

Jay
  • Cocoa butter creams can help them fade some, but they will never really go away, unfortunately.
  • Just give 'em time...they fade.
  • Amanda - I started at about your same weight and got stretch marks on my tummy at about 215lbs...they were ugly!!! I guess they went away a while ago, because I actually just realized last week that they were no longer there...I still have the ones from puberty on my hips and breasts, but the ones that were a result of weight gain are no more!!! Just keep up the healthy lifestyle and based on my results, they may go away on their own...of course, adding in the cocoa butter may help..I tried that when they first came along, but hated the greasy feel of it -so only used it 2-3 times.
  • My stretch marks are severe (I don't have very elasticky skin *does that make sense LOL*), I have bad marks on my belly from my pregnancies on top of being obese. The Marks range from 1 cm to 1.5 inches thick and go from my pubic bone all the way up to my ribs... and from one side all the way to the other.

I never figured they'd go away. But even after losing 30 lbs, they're fading. They're now blending in with the rest of my skin tone. I don't think you can ever completely get rid of them *unless you decide to do a tummy tuck later on*, but for me, they're not nearly as noticeable... and after I lose more weight I'm sure they'll fade even more.

Cocoa butter is always good to help keep it moist though
  • I have some stretch marks on my stomach but I have had them for as long as I can remember. I do use cocoa butter (when I remember... about 2-3x a week). My stretch marks seem to be getting less visible but I cannot say if it was time or cocoa butter or both. It certainly can't hurt to try.
  • They do fade. I try to embrace mine because most of them (not all) came from being pregnant with my children.
  • vitamin e oil I've heard, cocao butter... you also smell yummy if you get the pure stuff! They fade too. !!
  • Sorry to butt in! I have a friend who tried a stretch mark cream with her pregnancy and has noticed a difference on her newer stretch marks. I don't think much can be done with older ones (the ones that have faded), but newer red ones? I'd definitely try a cream! Goodluck with them!

-Aimee
  • Quote: vitamin e oil I've heard, cocao butter... you also smell yummy if you get the pure stuff! They fade too. !!
    See i've tried vitamin e oil... nothing... nothing at all.. same with my mom. and to boot, it smells HORRIBLE
  • I have found that this works
    There is a creme out now that is for the reduction (not complete disappearance) of scars that you can use on stretch marks.

I have tried it for scars and then thought I would try it for stretch marks. It seemed to do the trick for me.

It dissolves into your skin so you don't feel greasy either.
  • I've heard that cocoa butter works great, but it's best to get the cream, not the lotion. The lotion is filled with water, not the good stuff.
  • I use Blue Emu oil and have really noticed a difference with the stretch marks and other discolorations of my skin.