Old 12-20-2007, 09:48 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Still no fridge, the repairman canceled on us yesterday, and the soonest they can get to us is Dec. 24. Which I don't believe for a moment that a repairman is going to make a call on Christmas eve. DH is tinkering with it now and maybe he'll be able to get it going.
So, today's menu is all about eating stuff that is going to go bad soon if it doesn't get eaten, yum!
B - oatmeal with peanut butter and milk, hb egg, coffee
S - string cheese
L - spinach salad with hb egg, turkey, cheese, and grape tomatoes
S - clementine, latte
D - ???? and a salad
S - bean brownie

I will skip personals today, as I'm running late and need to get down to business! Have a good one chicks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #32  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'm still hanging in there! Seems like every time I leave my office, I return w/ more work....I am trying to stay put!!!! Tomorrow is our Secret Santa party and I just found out that it will be 90% junk food. I am going to make sure I eat breakfast and eat before I go to the party. I will sample some of the yummies, but I don't want to go overboard!

This am I did 15 mins of yoga. After work I am going to the gym for 30 mins of cardio. Then to the grocery store. We went out to lunch and I had an omlet w/ feta, and tomatoes. I am sure I ate too much of it, but it was really good! I didn't eat much breakfast which wasn't intentional...I just got busy and then didn't think about it.

I will catch up w/ everyone, but at this rate probably not until the weekend. We can and will do this!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #33  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

beverly -- thanks and I hope your back gets better!

smoodle -- oh no! without a fridge around CHRISTMAS TIME? I hope your hubby can do something! Or maybe you guys can get one of those little fridges so you can at least have some refrigeration? I think they are less than $100 -- you know the ones that you get for your college dorm .

I have not had a chance to exercise this week, though I could have MADE time for it... I guess it has just slipped off the radar for me, lots of stress, lots of running around and doing things. However, something has got to be working for me, because it appears as though I am down to 274.5 today. Food has been pretty good, though on Tuesday I ate only around 1200 calories. I added it all up yesterday because I never put it in. We're just kinda running out of food and need to go to the grocery store again tomorrow.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

hey everyone, checking in real quick. I have been SO busy it's been insane...but school is out now and I look forward to cleaning the house all day tomorrow. I am still sugar free, but my food has been WAY off plan besides that and exercise has been quick and not everyday I am so stressed out, but hubby is off doing the last minute shopping for me, so that does help a lot. I think he is buying me something, because he NEVER goes shopping, he hates being around so many people and will not step foot in a mall for anything..but he called and volunteered to go out tonight, so he is up to something

I'm going to try and exercise tonight...even though I am exhausted, it needs to be done!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

We have refrigeration, thanks to DH! However, I haven't been shopping yet, so we don't have much food! So today will be a challenge, food-wise. Here's the plan:

B - oatmeal, milk, coffee
S - string cheese, clementine
L - salad with turkey and cheese
S - celery with LCLC
D - ww pita pizza, salad
S - bean brownie
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Good news with my lab report:

9/23/07

cholesterol 220
triglycerides - 508
HDL -37
LDL - NA

12/18/07

cholesterol - 161
triglycerides - 176!!
HDL - 38
LDL - 88

I won't have to go on the triglyceride meds. Yippee!
I still need to get them down a bit.
I need to raise my good cholesterol.

Plans for today:
be KIND to my sore back
drink lots of water
journal my food
gentle stretches

food-

breakfast - fat free cottage cheese with 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - egg scramble with lite cheese, toast, cauliflower
snack - yogurt with flax
dinner - out with Murray's friends from work - salmon, salad, baked potato
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

Schmoodle...so glad you got your fridge back working!!!!

Purple...hang in there..hopefully things won't be so hectic. Good for doing your exercises.

Rakel -wow...great on the weight loss - even in the midst of all that's going on. I think your right...it's just working for you.

Mj5 - good luck at the Secret Santa party - good for you doing your cardio and yoga!!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #37  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone...TGIF!

Sorry I havent been around for the last couple of days. Its been crazy busy around here for me. I finally completed my shopping last evening. Today, I have to tackle my youngest DDs room. Yikes! Hope I don't get lost in there. She slept over at her friend's house and I'm hoping she hangs out for most of the day so I can get rid of some of her stuff. She won't let me throw anything away.

I wish I could tell everyone that I've stayed 100% on-plan the last two days. The truth is that I've been eating on the run and my choices havent always been that great. But, today's yet another new day to try my best. Thank God for these new days!

Sara - How are you doing?
MJ - How did you do with the Secret Santa? Hope you had a great time.
Rakel - Congrats on getting the scales to move down!
Purple - I understand about the stress. Hang in there. Try to find a few minutes just for you. Maybe a nice bubble bath with a good book? (My personal fav)
Schmoodle - So glad that Hubby fixed the refrigerator.
Beverlyjoy - Congratulations on making such an awesome improvement in your lab numbers!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #38  
mj5

Hi everyone! Thought I would pop in here quickly before I head down to the Secret Santa party. I had some extra oatmeal this am and just drank a big bottle of water. I am taking more water to drink--there will probably be soda (which I don't drink) and some sort of sugary punch which I don't need! I feel in control right now, which is good! I do not plan on avoiding all of the treats, but I want to stay in control and make wise choices. I do not have time to get to the gym tonight, but I did some yoga this am and will do my dvd tonight. Tomorrow will be more of the same, as far as exercise goes, but I would like to get to the gym on Sunday--we'll see what happens. I will get caught up w/ everyone this weekend. I know we are all busy, but trying really hard!!!! We CAN do this and we WILL do this! The scale is holding steady for me and am I am ok with that! I would love to see another loss on Monday, but I will be SO ok w/ maintaining!!!

Wish me luck! I'll stop back later (probably not until much, much later though).

Oh...our team won the tree decorating contest...YAHOOO!! We get a day off w/ pay!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #39  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Beverley--That is AWESOME! Great job!

Rakel--I'm so glad you had a loss, even in the midst of all your stresses!

The past few days have been really hectic. Everyone else in my house is leaving to spend the holidays in the Ft. Worth area, and there has been much baking and candy making and all that crap that my family thinks there cannot be Christmas without.

My step-aunt is the one who started all this mess, and I finally put my foot down and told her that if she insisted on having cookies, I was insisting that she let me make them. So I made carrot cookies, and some applesauce frosting, and called it good. If people are going to eat cookies, I wanted to at least put SOMETHING healthy in them for crying out loud! And you know what? Even through baking and decorating, I never ate a single one. They just...didn't look good to me.

I hope everyone's doing well with all the stress floating about right now. I'll probably be checking in throughout the day. See you guys soon!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #40  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

wow Sara, that takes will power but I know what you mean by things loosing their appeal. I can't say I am over sweets, but I do try and make the most for my calories. My favorite is dark chocolate -- nothing fancy with a bunch of extras, just pure chocolate. Yum

I'm the same today (274.5) ... so you know, this the lowest I've been in over 2 years! I guess you could say it's kind of a milestone for me. I can really notice the difference in my neck -- I have some shape there now, and it's more slender and long, rather than short and stubby, and I'm sure it will only improve as I go. I measured my neck and I went from somewhere around 18" to 15.5" ... amazingly enough. I've also lost 2" on each of my thighs... my back fat also seems to be beaten into some submission. lol.

I'm in a pretty good mood -- I just got an email from my interviewer who says even though he's going to be gone next week on vacation, he doesn't want that to "slow us down." so I guess I have my second interview next Wednesday with 3 other guys, this time (oh boy!). I don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched but it sounds positive to me! Who knows, maybe I will be employed before January hits! If I get this job I will celebrate with a haircut (not food!)... I desperately need one, it's been over 6 months now.

Last edited by rakel; 12-21-2007 at 07:08 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #41  

rakel--SO glad to hear you in a good mood, I will keep you in my thoughts, and hope you get this job! That would be an awesome Christmas gift

Sara--you amaze me with the cookies! I don't know if I could have done that.

Sebas--glad to hear you are still plugging along. If we can do this the week before Christmas, we can do it all of 2008!

Hubby made banana pudding tonight, using all sugar free ingredients and it was so yummy! I haven't had anything sweet in a long time, but was able to control it to one small portion...and I put it away before I started eating so there could be no dipping back into it.

So far I am maintaining this week, but that is a miracle because my eating has been way off and I haven't gotten to exercise much But I am SO ready for Christmas. I have this urge to run the kids back to the bedroom, throw open the closet, and show them everything!!! I am worse than the kids with the giddiness! i can't wait!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #42  
mj5

Hi everyone! I did ok at the party this afternoon. Not as well as I had hoped, but I didn't go crazy w/ junk either. Phew, one more holiday function out of the way!!!!

Ok, here is my attempt to get caught up w/ everyone. If I missed you it certainly was not intentional! My dogs are barking to go out, but I wanted to get caught up first!
Sara--Glad to hear the tattoo is healing--I know my feet seemed to take forever...That really stinks about your knee. I hope it feels better soon. I don't have any ligament issues, but my kneecap doesn't track the way it is supposed to, so keeping the muscles strong is really important. It's hard finding the balance between pushing it enough and too much. I don't have much cartilage left either what I do have is in terrible shape. I am really glad that you are going to get some time to yourself! That's exactly what happend when I was making candy w/ my neice--it just was not appealing, even a little bit.

Purplefirefly--Hang in there!!!!

Schmoodle--So glad you can telecommute--that drive sounds terrible! Mmm, the eggplant cassarole sounds really good! I may have to try that! What a pain about the refrig. So glad hubby was able to get it going again!

Beverlyjoy--Shame on your dr for not noticing!!! Yea, I use ice quite a lot on my knee. CONGRATS on your b/w results!!! Great job!!!!

Nicole--I hope you get a chance to relax during the holiday!!!

Rakel--Hang in there!!! Sounds like you are doing well, although stressed! Congrats on the interview!!!!

Rhonda--Hope you didn't get lost in the cleaning of dd's room!

Tomorrow I am just doing normal saturday 'stuff' bills, laundry, etc. I hope to get some presents wrapped, but if not I MUST get them wrapped on Sunday!

Ok, I have to take the dogs out NOW....one of them just will not wait any longer (guess it doesn't matter that we were just out 15 mins ago!)

Have a great night! I'm sure I'll be around this weekend!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #43  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

It's really strange how I wasn't even tempted by the cookies! I had actually even planned on having two of them, but honestly, they didn't look good AT ALL. They didn't smell good, they didn't look good, I didn't want to put one in my mouth, nothing.

Instead, I was craving carrots and ranch dressing. So that's what I had instead of cookies.

It was insane.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:27 PM   #44  

Thanks to Exercise TV and sincere determination, i got a total of 1 hour, 15 minutes of exercise in today felt So wonderful to be moving again! Now I have one more load of laundry to put away then I am going to SLEEP!!!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 08:56 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks...hope you are doing the best you can muster at this time of the year. It goes in ebbs and flows. I have been mostly resisting the many, many temptations of the time of the year. I have eaten some cookies, etc. However, I am grateful I have mostly counted it in and haven't had a huge binge - so far. (my usual MO)

My plans for today.

breakfast - grits, flax, 2% cheese

lunch - Italian Wedding soup, cottage cheese, cauliflower

snack - apple, crackers

dinner - out with friends - probably fish, potato, veggie

snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

gentle stretchs
meditate
journal food
PMA - positive mental attitude
ice and heat - be kind to my back

Purple - WOW - all that exercise is GREAT.

Sara -Craving carrots and staying OUT of the cookies is major. You rock!

Mj5 - so glad you did OK at the party - remember - "Progress not absolute perfection" is what we aim for. (Especially this time of the year)

rakel - Congrats on your wieght loss!! Milestones deserve recognition!!!! Celebrate (without food of course). So, so happy for you!

rhonda - I understand about being busy this time of the year. Glad your shopping is done. Everyday is a new beginning.

I'll be very busy the next few days. Sunday , a big family party here with 25 people. Also, we'll have 6 out of towners staying here. Including my 10 month grandson, Alex. He is the light of my life. I can't wait to see him. (Glad he's bringing his parents LOL)

Monday - 11 for a traditional Christmas Even dinner - leg of lamb etc.

Christmas - 12 for Turkey dinner.

Yikes - food food food.

It will be wonderful to see everyone. The food seems overwhelming. I plan to do the best I can. I don't need to eat rolls or mashed potatoes...I can eat them any day of the week.

I may not have alot of time to post. I'll try to at least stop by to say hello.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

...Beverly
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote