Old 12-12-2007, 11:57 AM   #46  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone,

Gosh, we are posting a lot at the moment which is fantastic. Perhaps we all need a lot of accountability...

So the team Christmas function yesterday was really enjoyable. We just went to one of my co-worker's house and had a couple of glasses of wine and nibbles. Being our team, the nibbles were high in the cheese and chips sort of thing which makes me pleased I brought fruit - cherries, strawberries and grapes. It wasn't a late night - I guess I was home by about 8:30 which is a good time for a work night.

Today I don't have a Christmas thing to go to, so I'm going to go to the gym for a 30 minute workout and brave the mall to finish my Christmas shopping. I've got Christmas functions on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday of next week, then hopefully I'm done. I've got a couple of other things to get done before the weekend is over as well, so it's going to be a busy few days for me.

Rakel, I'm sorry to hear about John's job. It certainly doesn't make it easy at this time of the year. Are there many jobs going in your area? Here at the moment we've got the opposite problem - we've got quite a labour shortage and it's impossible to get competent staff.

Purple, sounds like a good day after a slow start. Go you!

MJ, know how you feel. Usually between my birthday and the new year I put on at least 5 lbs, but this year I've lost a bit and hopefully will maintain rather than gain.

Julie, welcome to the madness! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Sara, sounds like you made a great job of dealing with an impossible situation with your niece. Awesome!

Beverly, sounds like you've got a very full day planned. Hope you enjoy it!

Rhonda, it's difficult to stay on plan at this time of year - there's far too many temptations around. Keep it up!

Schmoodle, that soup sounds so nice. I'll have to try it at some stage.

Diane, I'm not convinced I'm doing well. It's certainly a battle at the moment - but at least it's being fought outside my house!

Have a great day everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I totally relate to the busy weekend coming up, Nicolen. I will spend tomorrow at my daughter's school working in the secret santa shop, then it's off to gymnastics in the evening. Then Saturday we have a birthday party and hubby's Christmas party for work. Sunday is another birthday party, and somewhere in there we need to finish Christmas shopping...and I am planning my son's birthday party for the day after Christmas, lots to be done on that yet

Slashnl--we had the big winter coats broke out, then suddenly this week it went back into the high 70's...it was almost 80 the last two days and will be again today. This weekend we dip back into 40s, then up to 50s for next week. It is SO weird, no one knows what to do or wear anymore, and about everyone we know is sick.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 12-12-2007 at 12:41 PM.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #48  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Purple: That's so strange to have the weather fluctuate that much. It makes it hard to know what to wear from day to day. I guess if we have to be in cold weather, I would rather it get it out of its system now, and maybe see spring come in early! ha.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #49  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I have a hair appt tonight and I can't wait! Not sure what I am going to do....hilights and at least a trim, for sure, but love getting my hair done, so it will be fun!

Skinnyscrubgirl--Welcome!

Purplefirefly--I'm w/ you, I don't know what that is either.

Rakel--Any news on the job front?

Sara--Mmm, waffles sound good!

Beverlyjoy--Wanna come clean up my clutter too?

Rhonda--Aw, you made me blush! Thanks! It is because of the support from everyone here that I have re-captured my enthusiasm! Yea! You can do this!!!

Schmoodle--The soup sounds wonderful!

Diane--I'm w/ you--when it gets cold like this, I go inside! You can do this!!!!

Nicole--Good luck finishing your shopping! Good for you for going to the gym first!!!

Gotta run....tree decorating contest at work and we need to have a super top secret meeting to plan our design!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:07 PM   #50  

I WILL NOT EAT SUGAR. I WILL NOT EAT SUGAR. I WILL NOT EAT SUGAR.

I am having a very, very tough day with this! I thought the worst was behind me, but today I have been dreaming of donuts, staring at the kids parade candy up in the cupboard, and having crazy conversations with myself: I can just have one little piece and count the calories..NO YOU CAN"T, one will lead ten and then you'll be at the store buying donuts, you know that...I can just eat one, I promise just one...oh right, like you have promised so many times before, and it has always lead you into a big binge, what makes this time different?

So, I have not given in, but I feel so weak today. I am determined, but I keep trying to talk myself into it, then back out of it
Old 12-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #51  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Purple, I think we're on the same brain-wave!

Ugh, this morning I almost had a Starburst in my mouth before I stopped and yelled, "What the **** are you thinking?!" at myself. I'm trying to distract myself with loud music and hardcore dancing, but even that's not doing much for me.

I've purposely put off eating lunch until I get myself under control. If I eat anything right now, it's going to lead to a huge binge, I can feel it. I'm trying to avoid that as best as possible, so I think I'm about to go take (another) shower. Shower, dry my hair, straighten my hair, put on make-up...should kill at least an hour, and by then maybe I'll have my crap straight.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #52  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Purple and Sara - Can you remove the sugary items from the house? My kids aren't happy about it, but if its not around then I can't succumb during a weak moment. Afterall, nobody really needs that stuff. I do take my kids out for occasional treats, so they aren't totally deprived. For me, willpower comes and goes depending on hormones, moods, sleep, etc etc etc. I can't rely on willpower, so planning ahead and having only on-plan foods around does help me stay on-plan.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 12-12-2007 at 03:28 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:58 PM   #53  

I just threw it away. The kids will not notice...and they get sugar daily from school, though I don't like it the teachers don't seem to listen when i ask them to find a better treat. Twice a week they want parents to send in ice cream money...I have tried not sending the money and they still give it to her

Anyway, i turned on exercise TV on demand and did a 20 min. cardio workout. I feel somewhat better. I think I am suddenly wanting it again because of all the events coming up. Starting tomorrow we have a lot of parties and such and that is when I normally quit anything healthy so I guess I am nervous or something. It's no reason to ruin my progress. so I feel it's easier to manage now that I realize what is going on.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #54  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

No news on the job front ... and in this situation, no news is not good news! . He did apply for some jobs today that he should be able to get, and he has a few more he can apply for. The problem here is that the jobs seem somewhat plentiful, they just want someone overqualified for the price they are willing to pay, i.e. you need a BS degree and we'll pay you $12 an hour, and maybe benefits. I think some of these later jobs we've found would be perfect for him, so hopefully he can get some interviews soon.

Meanwhile, I planned out some meals and we put about $53 in groceries on my credit card ... which I REALLY don't like doing, I have enough credit card debt as it is, but you gotta eat and we were running low on food. So, today I ate 2 granola bars, a tuna salad sandwich, an apple, and about 1.25 quesadillas, and I'm actually quite full. I didn't have a chance to exercise today because we had church and by the time we got back I had to make dinner and it was then too late to do it (I try not to do it so close to bed time otherwise I won't be able to sleep and it'll throw my schedule off). I don't usually try to exercise on Wednesdays, but I missed Monday so I was going to try and do it anyway, ah well.

Sara: how did you do with your sugar?

Purple: good for you on throwing it away -- that's a good way to put temptation at bay, as long as you aren't tempted to rifle through the trash that is!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:33 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks...

I am dealing with a sore back of late...ugh. Stretches help, though. My food went well yesterday...I am grateful.

Here's my plan for today:

- stretches, meditation, water, journal food
- warm water pool , office work
- wrap presents

food -

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 c canned lite peaches, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - egg white scramble with veggies and lite cheese, toast, veggies and dip
snack - yogurt and flax
dinner - small wendy's chili, 1/2 baked potato
snack - cherrios, 1/2 banana, milk

Rakel - hope today is a great day!

purple - great job in the cardio and for throwing away the sugar stuff!!!

sara - good for you using a diversion tactic to stay away from the food.

mj5 - enjoy the beauty shop - it's like being pampered when some else washes your hair.

nicolen - good for you - bringing fruit to the party.

schmoodle - thanks for the terrific recipe!

Everyone have a great day!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-13-2007 at 05:45 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:31 AM   #56  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends!

Today is day 4! I'm so happy that I finally convinced myself to get back on-plan. I feel so much better both mentally and physically. Did have a sinus headache last night and went to bed early The headache is gone this morning and I feel so refreshed after a full 8 hours of sleep. (Note to self: get more sleep! It feels great!)

Today's plan: Continue with Southbeach foods only... 3 meals and 3 snacks.
30 minutes on treadmill

Today's menu:
Breakfast - Steelcut oatmeal, 2 slices of turkey bacon and V8
Snack - Smoothie with Unsweetened vanilla soymilk, SF yogurt, strawberries and banana
Lunch - cup of vegetable beef soup and slice of german dark wheat bread.
Snack - celery with laughing cow lite cheese
Dinner - Leftover spinach and goat cheese chicken and steamed veggies
Snack - 1/2 cup of SF butter pecan ice cream.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check back later for personals.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:03 AM   #57  

Okay, I survived yesterday sugar free, but I did go over my 1500 calorie limit trying to find something that would stop the sugar cravings...nothing worked, but I am over it today. i went to bed dreaming of ice cream, and woke up feeling strong again. I have been worried because I am following JM's guidelines on calories this week and have been eating 1500-1800 a day, instead of the 1200-1500 I was keeping myself at. But, the scale has been the same all week and today it is down 3 lbs! I kept weighing this morning thinking it was a fluke, but it's staying there. We'll see come Monday, but seeing it under 240 was HUGE motivation to keep going with the higher calorie limits. I do exercise a lot, and he JM routines burn a lot of calories, so I guess I needed to eat more...imagine that

Today's Plan:
1800 calories
No Sugar
1 hour cardio
JM workout
4-6 bottles water

Sara--Did you survive yesterday?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Good morning, Accountability Friends!

Today is day 4! I'm so happy that I finally convinced myself to get back on-plan. I feel so much better both mentally and physically. Did have a sinus headache last night and went to bed early The headache is gone this morning and I feel so refreshed after a full 8 hours of sleep. (Note to self: get more sleep! It feels great!)
I rarely get enough sleep, and when I finally do get exhausted and go to bed early I always wake up feeling the same way...why don't I sleep like that all the time, sheesh? How are you doing on the sugar detox, Sebas?
Old 12-13-2007, 09:17 AM   #59  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I only have a minute, but I wanted to pop in before things get really busy. I LOVE my hair! Decided to just get a trim and hilights. My hair is getting really long. Almost 2 years ago I had it cut and donated it to Locks of Love. I may continue to let it grow and donate it again. The hilights came out fantastic--maybe the best ever!

We might get hit with another snow storm this afternoon, so getting to the gym is up in the air. I am planning on going, but if it is a blizzard, I will not go--I'll do the other part of my yoga dvd tonight instead. Dinner is some whole wheat pasta w/ roasted veggies, lots of garlic, a small drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of romano cheese, and some lemon zest--I cannot wait!!!!! Pretty sad that I just ate breakfast and am looking forward to dinner!!

K, gotta get a bunch of things done. Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Here's what's in store for today:
B - Oatmeal, egg, turkey bacon, V8, and cawfee
S - refried beans, salsa and cheese
L - crab soup, spinach salad
S - latte and a peanut butter apple
D - Beef Stew and salad
S - ricotta creme

Happy day 4 Rhonda! Glad your sinuses are better today. I used to have terrible sinuses, but since being on SB they rarely bother me. I think it's either the increased water intake or maybe I had a food allergy?
Purplefirefly, you're doing great with the no sugar. It should start getting easier now. The SB chicks have a sugar free peanut butter cup dessert that a lot of them swear by for when they want something sweet.
Beverlyjoy, hope your back is feeling better soon. That warm water pool should help, sounds wonderful!
Rakel, hang in there chick! I would never have believed it at the time, but when DH and I were first married, we had some rough financial times, and now I look back on them fondly. I brought home $180/wk, and he was a student and waited tables at night. Some weeks we brought all our bottles and cans back for the deposit and got about $10 for them, and that was our groceries for the week! We ate a lot of spaghetti and tuna and hot dogs and mac & cheese!
Sara, hope you were able to talk yourself through the rough spot yesterday!
mj5, bet your hair looks fantastic!
slashni, keep warm!
nicolen, hope you survived the mall and got all your shopping done!

Yucky and gray here again today... Trying to get my motor started on coffee, but I haven't eaten breakfast yet, so I really should get on that. Got to get a lot of real work done today then some cleaning and laundry. At least I don't have anywhere to go tonight, I haven't had a night at home all week. Oh, and it's Survivor night! Anyone here watch?
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote