Just wanted to let you ...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi folks. I just wanted to let you guys know that I will no longer be a moderator here at the 100 lb club and at 3FC.

I am definitely one of these all or nothing people and lately I've been so incredibly busy that I have not been able to devote the same amount of time to 3FC as I had in the past. I used to work mainly from my home and had lots of access to the internet. That is no longer the case. I've mentioned this before that I now work in a gym. I love the job immensely, but it does take me away from my home and the computer. Not only that, but for the gym, I run a weight loss program and I need to devote lots of time to get it up and running. I suppose that will ease as I get the hang of it more. I also have another new venture. I am now doing one on one weight counseling with clients on a weekly basis. I had my first client last week and I just signed on another one. It's very exciting to me. I hope this is a business that I can really build upon.

So therefore, I just don't have the amount of time to devote to this wonderful place as I used to. I took my job here very seriously and now I feel I can no longer give it a 100% effort. I would absolutely hate if I'd "miss" anything that a moderator should be handling due to the fact that I'm just not here as ofen as I need to be. I missed a birthday the other day and that is not something I'm too keen on doing again. So therefore I am stepping down as moderator.

I'll still be here each and every day. I'm certainly not posting like I used to, again time constraints, but I WILL be here. Thank you all for the wonderful support you have given me as a member and as a moderator. I look forward to spending many more years together supporting one another in our ongoing efforts to get and remain at a healthy weight. Robin
  • Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to helping people, Robin. You are truly an inspiration to us all.

I am so happy for you that not only did you lose so much weight, you even managed to find a career out of it by helping people do the same! Lots of luck and happiness to you, you deserve it.
  • Rockinrobin best of luck to you on your new adventure of weightloss counseling. Heres hoping it takes off into a big business for you, you are living proof that weightloss works and your clients will be getting one of the greatest teachers of all. You go girl, become a lil entreprenuer, having your own business is the best, something in the weightloss department is definitely your true calling! Rock on rockinrobin, continue to inspire..
  • It is understandable that you have to focus on your work. I have read many of your posts and found your story to be incredible. You have given so much to us here at 3FC.

good luck and hope to see you posting from time to time.
  • Robin,
    You really do rock Good luck in your new ventures! We'll all be thinking of you!!
  • Thank you for your help and encouragement. I'm glad your reasons for stepping down are good ones. Best of luck to you in your new endeavors. Hopefully you will still be checking in with the chicks when you can!
  • Robin, Thank you for all you've done for us around here. Sounds like exciting things are happening in your life. Enjoy yourself and keep in touch.
  • Robin..best of luck to you in all of your new adventures and endevours! I am new here...but, I 've read your story and it's very inspirational. I wish you well in everything...and look forward to seeing you here once in a while at the forum.
  • Thanks folks once again for all of your support and encouragement. What an incredible group you (we) are.

The changes that have been occuring for me have been very exciting, a little nerve wracking at times as all new things are, but very exciting nevertheless. I never would have dreamed anything like this could be possible for me. But it just goes to show you.......

And let me again make it perfectly clear, I'm not leaving this place. I'll just be here at a smaller capacity.
  • Best wishes Robin-Enjoy your new journey. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
    Good luck and go get 'em.
  • Oh No!!!!!!
    ROBIN.... what are we going to do without you. I just want to say thank you for all the help that you have given me. I still have a long way to go but you are truely my inspiration. You are so wise about this. You always know what we need. Lord knows that I have had a lot of rough nights. And you were always there to lift my spirits up. So thank you for that. Good luck with your new endeavor.
  • I think it's great that you're starting new ventures to help others have the kind of success you've had with weight loss. Your will to help others amazes me. I mean, starting up a weight loss program and having one on one counseling? Wow! I'm sure that they'll learn a lot.

We can't be greedy and keep you all to ourselves, I suppose.
  • Robin, I'll miss you as a moderator, but good on you for realising that you haven't got the time to do the job effectively. I know that you're not going to go away - heck, we couldn't keep you away! - and will see you around the place. Hope the counselling goes just as well as the job seems to be!

Nicole
  • Thanks, Robin
    Robin, Thanks, from a newbie (who isn't even posting on this thread yet), for your class and style moderating this thread.

And best wishes for your new adventures. It's great to see someone succeed in losing weight, and even better seeing them rise to the opportunites that follow the weight loss.