Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavesse View Post
I find being on plan so important for my emotional health. For me, an already stressful time like Christmas becomes a nightmare when my eating is out of control. I never want to put myself through that again. I'm so thankful for a little slice of sanity this year!
I couldn't agree more with this. I dread social occasions, fat or not, but having control of the food part of the holidays does seem to make it easier for me to have a good time. If I were really struggling right now with my eating, the stress of seeing so many people and having to find decent clothes that fit for every occasion, would be driving me over the edge.

I hope some people aren't staying away because they are struggling to get through the holidays. Stopping by here can be so much help; people should take advantage of it.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:07 PM   #17  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I check in every day, it helps me to stay focused on what I'm trying to accomplish! But, like everyone already said, getting the house ready, hosting parties, making food galore (for others!) and shopping has taken up a lot of time!

I have to say, I'm in the BEST holiday spirits i've been in for a long long time! I'm having an absolute BALL cooking for others and still making a little something healthy for myself, it's been really fun and little "project" for me! My original goal was to NOT gain during the holidays, but I'm actually DOWN a little ! yay!

But I'll keep checking in each and every day! you guys ROCK!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

work work and more work! oh and then everything else.

I have a lovely company paid 2 weeks off for the holidays which is wonderful...but in order to be able to enjoy it I have basically loaded 6 weeks of work into 2 weeks. I'll be around more after the office is closed during the holidays!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #19  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Like Nelie, I am also always here, but not always posting

UNLIKE Nelie, I am not even a tiny bit on plan. However, I am full of hope and looking toward the future. I am going to turn 30 on the 30th of this month, and I want my 30's to be healthier and happier than my 20's!

Christmas around here is always slow, but January 1st...look out...we'll have MANY new posters

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Linda,

I know you can do it My 30th birthday was a big one for me and I think my 30s are a lot better than my 20s and I hope yours will be too.

Just take one moment at a time and you will get there. I'm not always 100% on plan but I do try to make it that way.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm still here! I don't post a whole lot, but I do check in several times a day. You guys keep me honest (and sane).
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I'm hiding!

I haven't just fallen off the wagon... I dived off it headfirst

I'm not in denial - I know the numbers I just don't want to talk about it
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

It gets quieter and quieter around here every day!
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:10 AM   #24  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
It's always this slow before Christmas.

Just wait
LOL! Yeah, starting in about 16 days we'll be moving so fast here!!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:04 AM   #25  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Wallowing in self pity here LOL. I am scared to get near the scale right now. My pants still fit but I know I have gaind a couple of pounds back. BUT I am out of school for a month so I get a chance to turn this thing around. It is just so hard for me to stay on track while in school. Summer was so easy LOL.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:48 AM   #26  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I've not been around much lately. Things around here have been crazy busy and I hurled myself off the wagon big time. I was maintaining, but then DH and I ended up having to live out of a hotel for two weeks (read: eating out 2 meals per day) and I've gained 4-5 lbs. I'm back on plan now with a vengance and not worried that I can't lose 5 piddly pounds. I'm bummed I gained them, but it won't take me long to get them back off. I even decided to cut out sugar for a while. Today is day 4 so my raging headache is gone. Even looking at the computer the last few days has sent my head crazy.

I'm around, not posting much but around. Hopefully I'll have good news about my weight loss to post soon!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #27  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

I am here... In spirit if not in mind at times...

I got sick which made me way behind in my work and IA m lacking the motivation needed to plow through it all as fast as I would like. throw in the shopping and x-mas mess of family coming and... Well.

A quite me...

That is ok too though cause I do still pop in and read here and there.

****For anyone falling (or diving) off the wagon: It's ok. It happens to us all. Not get your arses back on it folks cause the snow's getting too deep to walk alone!*
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Nope, not taking time off, still on plan, still losing.

We've had a tummy bug taking out my family one by one and the stress and bustle of the season has me posting less (though I'm not a huge poster to begin with), but I'm still here. This place is able to keep me more honest than any other support site I can think of.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:59 AM   #29  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

i saw this post card on thanxgiving..i think it came out of my tofurky box.. it said "an optimist starts a diet on thanxgiving day". it made me smile and well...feel optimistic. ;D
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #30  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

On top of it being a busy time of the year, we in the mid USA just had a major ice storm that took our electricity - some for over a week, some still without power. I lost mine for 5 days and couldn't post. But, I'm here now and trying to catch up. I hope everyone is doing okay - even in the middle of your busy-ness! :-)

Merry Christmas to all!!!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote