Old 12-17-2007, 08:55 PM   #106  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Robin
That is great lol. Oh such a shame to have to put up with the crowds because you are trying to wear clown clothes lol. I feel bad for you. You enjoy getting that new pair of pants.

Nelie
I have 6 pairs of size 12 super straight Levis in my closes I wore about 10lbs ago from now lol. Can't wait to get back into them again. Oh they fit great in the bum and legs, look great but they have about 4 inches of tummy they won't cover to get them buttoned lol. Then I will be out of clothes and have to get all new ones. I am waiting. I want to enjoy fitting into all the clothes I buy Can't wait until our Anniversary April 16th. That is the day I am going clothes shopping. I will wear what I have no matter how big until then.

Purple
You are doing so great. I am so proud of you. I remember when you first started. You were worried you would need extra time. Look at you now.

Looks like everyone is doing well. Taking control of our selfs really is a moral booster.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #107  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Everyone is doing so well, and I'm so proud of each and every one of you! Keep it up, everyone, the the holiday insanity will be over soon and then maybe life will be normal again!

I confess, my NSV is a bit of a scale victory, but I wanted to share anyway. I just emailed weight watchers to cancell my monthly pass! YAHOO!! I will weigh in on Saturday morning, and while I did have an off plan weekend, I know that I couldn't have done enough damage to not get my lifetime status as I'm several pounds under their goal. I can't believe it....that $40 has been automatically withdrawn from my checking account every month for over a year now, and I get to cancel it just a week before the next month's payment comes out! I may be a bit twisted, but I'm thinking....hey....that $40 should now be an extra new clothing item every month, eh? I mean, afterall, I'm already used to spending it, right?!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'4"

so far this month....

I was able to shovel MYSELF out after the winter storm instead of depending on my bf.. and it only took me an hour (10-12" of snow, about one car length from the front of my car to the street, with about 4' of "plowed in snow" that was easily 3' high)

ALL of my size 14 jeans I wear to work are too big, save for a juniors pair and a pair of VS jeans - I am almost exclusively wearing a 12 all the time now.

I can bend over to tie my shoes and it's not uncomfortable.

A woman I was talking to at work yesterday told me I looked fabulous and "didn't need to loose another pound" (i beg to differ!) however, that felt GREAT. She also told me that my skin was "flawless" and beautiful (i have roseaca.. it's not easy to keep under control, though it has gotten easier with diet and special skin care)

I noticed that my favorite sweatshirt is getting absolutely gigantic. It was comfortably large even at my HW (250ish I'm not even sure, I didn't even weigh myself until a month in during my 'first round') but NOW it's like i'm just plain swimming in it. I don't want to give it up, but i'm starting to feel like i'm wearing a dress when i wear it!
karmuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #109  
Rennie

karmuz
Why don't you come over and do my 200 foot drive. 1/4 of it is only a regular width drive the rest is a 3 car width drive lol. 12's that is so great. I will be right there with you soon. You make me jealous. I have two pairs of 16's I still wear and 2 pairs of 14's. Same pants same brand. I was so happily surprised when I thought I had the 16's on and they turned out to be the 14's. They are a bit big . I remember when I went from 198 to 186 not very long ago. The clothes got bigger, I got smaller. It was such a great feeling. Was something i wasn't sure I was going to be able to do. Now it is just day to day life. This is how I eat, I don't think much about it. Won't be long and you will be telling us how it is so hard to find a size 7 because it seems everyone wears a size 7 Oh the favorite clothes, yup understand that. I finaly had to get rid of mine. They were not only tents but dangerous to my heath lol. I would be down on the floor doing something and my knee would get caught in them. I almost tore my head off like that lol.

boater
You have done and are doing so well. You are an inspiration. Yes, you are use to spending that money. Now you have another way to spend it on YOURSELF. You deserve it.

Mine is kind of a scale victory but not really. I have been eating at the upper limits of what I allow myself lately. Today was weigh in day and I really thought I had blew it. I was going to, if not gain, not lose anything. I still lost 2lbs ( my usual every two weeks ). This was a great nsv for me too. I now know I can eat more than I thought and still lose weight. Yipppeee don't have to feel a ting guilty when I eat all the fruit I have been eating lately.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:31 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

My friend and neighbor sent her daughter over to help me with some wrapping. Then she brought pizza over for all of us to share for supper....I had not had pizza in over three months. I eat only two peices of the veggie pizza, counted it in and was OK as far as calories. I didn't feel guilt and I didn't over eat...that was my NSV!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #111  
Rennie

Beverly
That is great. I only eat plain cheese pizza lol.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

My NSV for the month was comfortably wearing a pair of jeans that I have been hanging onto for the last 10 years. The closest I've gotten to wearing them in the last 10 years was about 4 years ago....I was able to lie on the bed and zip them up (but not breath!). It felt fabulous to not only wear them but to be able to SIT in them comfortably for several hours.

I'm looking forward to 01/01/08 (my weigh day) to see if my interval training and my 200 calorie per day reduction has triggered scale movement.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:50 AM   #113  
Rennie

Kris
That is wonderful. I think being able to wear something we couldn't get into before is way more important than the lbs the scale says we have lost.

I had a couple today. I went by burger king and didn't get a double bacon cheese burger. I haven't had one in so long I don't remember the last time I had one. Probably 8 months. For some reason have really been wanting one the last few months. Yuck, all that fat. Have no idea why I want one so badly. One of these days might break down and get one. Bet it doesn't taste as good as I remember lol. I also didn't stop at MC Donald's and get an egg nog shake. I had one already this season and I limited myself to one. This wasn't to hard not to do but the thought did cross my mind lol.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:22 AM   #114  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Beverly.....Wrapping presents and friends dropping by with pizza, this is the stuff that real life is made of! Way to go on handling it and enjoying yourself while still being true to your healthier lifestyle!

Kris, how exciting! I think we all have or had a certain piece of clothing we'd like to be able to get back into. How awesome that you've done it! Congrats!

Shy, my you've accomplished a lot! Those fast food cravings can be so hard to deal with, but you've got them all under control! Let me just tell you that it does continue to get easier. In my former life DD and I used to get the breakfast bagels from McD's on a regular basis. I haven't had one in 16 months now and DD wanted one the other day so I ran through the drive-up in hopes that my willpower would hold on. She got her bagel and it didn't look or smell good to me! Keep it up, you're doing fantastic!

My nsv from yesterday is a little twisted! LOL! I went shopping, but didn't get anything. Everything I tried on was too big! Jeans? They had 8's, I needed 6's. Shoes? They had 7w's but I needed 7 regulars (in the past I wouldn't have tried on a shoe that WASN'T a wide, and a size 8, too!). Now I was looking for these things...some just to supplement my closet, some to wear on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but I don't think I was even frustrated, just happy that I needed those sizes!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:24 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Last night at DD's Girl Scouts party, lots of moms were asking me how much I've lost and how I've done it. Seems like I've been a topic of conversation lately! Lots of them planning to start something after the holidays and asking me for advice. Fun stuff!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:58 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Good news with my lab report: it's my NSV

9/23/07

cholesterol 220
triglycerides - 508
HDL -37
LDL - NA

12/18/07

cholesterol - 161
triglycerides - 176!!
HDL - 38
LDL - 88

I won't have to go on the triglyceride meds. Yippee!
I still need to get them down a bit.
I need to raise my good cholesterol.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #117  

Height: 5'8

I was so tired from all of the holiday rushing around, I desperately wanted to skip the gym & sleep in this am. Almost did, but I managed to go & I had more energy afterwards. And when I got to work, one of the vendors had sent us Godiva chocolates (a big weakness of mine), yet I convinced my co-worker to regift it to family. Which we couldn't do if they were opened, so they stayed sealed. Earlier this week, I got a bunch of chocolate covered cookies from a vendor, sent directly to me. I had one & then put the rest in the kitchen & they were gone by the end of the day. No temptation for me to resist for days.

Last edited by nylisa; 12-21-2007 at 11:28 AM.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #118  
Rennie

nylisa
That is will power. That is personal victory. Congrats.

Beverly
congrats

schmoodle
Doesn't it make you feel great when people notice. Makes you feel even better when someone asks for advice and listens.

boaters
I was bragging a bit. I don't eat fast food but a couple of times a year. I have always thought it was just nasty lol. Those are the only two things, double bacon cheese burgers from Burger King and egg nog shakes from MC Donald's that I ever want. Hubby said go a head and have one if you want. One a year isn't going to kill you. He is right but why bother. Stuff isn't going to taste as good as I remember, I find this with lots of things I don't eat anymore. So why put all the fat and nasty into my body.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:00 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

I just love this thread. It's so inspirational to hear everyone's NSV! I relate to so many of your successes.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:52 AM   #120  
Rennie

Kris
I love to read everyones victory's too. Sometimes I have the same ones and really haven't taken the time to notice. There are times just people saying what is happening to them for the better. Makes me think about this journey I am on. I see I have come so far, still have a long way to go and the journey is never really over but I can pat myself on the back and say " Way to go girl ".