Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #76  
active kids, active mom

Wow Boaters -- you lost all that weight WITHOUT a gym membership. That is amazing!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #77  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

boaters
This hasn't seemed like work at all. I thought it would be hard, I thought it would be a lot of work, it hasn't been either. I have changed how I eat but allow myself to have all the things I love. I now exercise and enjoy doing it everyday. Just the things I do. I really don't think much about it. Can't say I don't have a day here or there that I wish I were losing faster but most of the time I am happy with how things are. I have now lost 46% of what I want to lose. Now that is inspiration to me lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:03 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaterswife View Post
Lifeguard, you're my inspiration! As I was at the gym tonight benchpressing an EMPTY BAR (LOL), I thought "surely to God I can do this....look how much Lifeguard lifts!"
LOL! The bar is 45lbs - not too shabby. Today I did 4 sets of bench & my first set is always just the bar. You gotta start somewhere!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #79  
Rennie

life
45lbs oh my gosh. I remember when I had my last job running a warehouse. I thru 30lb boxes around all the time. Never could lift more than that. I would die lifting 45lbs lol. Heck I couldn't lift the bar let alone the weights lol.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:13 AM   #80  
beautiful on the inside:P

S/C/G: 119 (262) /107 (235) /60 (132)

Height: 5'6''

This is sort of a pyrrhic victory. Although I binged today, my choice of binge changed. Instead of pigging out on pasta and bready products (which I wanted to) I ate a cajun chicken salad and a baked potato (albeit loaded). So although I'm not happy about what I consumed (which included cocktails) at least I used a little judgement, which previously would have been beyond me.

Last edited by kasmin; 12-12-2007 at 08:14 AM.
kasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #81  
Rennie

kas
I do know what you mean and good choices by the way. I use to eat vanilla wafers to snack on. Now it is green olives. Had to stop buying the darn things, my gosh they are high in sodium and fat too lol.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

My trainer calls this "damage control". You know you're going off but at least you are minimizing the damage - lol.

Today was a cardio day for me. I did 15min of intervals on the bike & then 30min of running on the treadmill (ok, only 26min of running & 4min of walking - lol). Anyway, on my way out the my trainer asked me how my workout was (I wasn't training with him today) & then said "That was a long workout, holy %*(&!" It just absolutely made my day, to think that he was impressed by MY workout!!!!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #83  
Rennie

Life
You are doing so great. I am lazy lol.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #84  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

Today at work, I got my VERY FIRST "Are you losing weight"??????
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:33 PM   #85  
Rennie

Mars
That is wondeful. I bet you felt so good. It is nice when people notice.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:07 AM   #86  
active kids, active mom

I am very PMSy and, for the first time in this journey, really wanted to go a little wild. So I ate 4 Trader Joe's Meringue cookies (120 calories) and 2 oz. Applegate Farms Turkey Bologna (70 cal.), taking me 190 calories over budget. The thing is that this totally satisfied my need to feel --- I don't know -- naughty. When I was done, my stomach didn't hurt, my mouth didn't feel disgusting, and I didn't feel like a horrible person with no self control. But, I did feel deviant in a good way...all for 190 calories (instead of the "so many I don't even want to go there" amount of calories a "little" binge would have cost me before).
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:12 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

My victory of late is - yesterday I made Raisin Nut Bread (it's my DH late mom's Christmas recipe). I allowed self about one tablespoon of walnuts and eat just a few crumbs of the bread. That is a HUGE victory for me.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #88  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Was busy yesterday and didn't get time to post this...It was lab day for my foods students, and as their final exam they had to make snickerdoodle cookies. All six classes. I walked around the kitchen units all day grading the kiddos and smelling the aromas and didn't partake in one offered cookie! Part of this is knowing that one cookie is never enough, it's easier for me to have none than it is to just have one....so I guess that bit of knowledge is an nsv too!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 04:54 PM   #89  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I'm getting ready for a Christmas Party and decided to try on my size 20 (yeah, not so pretty, I know) slacks that were WAY too tight last month and they are perfect and roomy today. Pretty amazing what 2 weeks on plan will do for you! Here I come 18's...
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #90  
Rennie

Momto
That has to be motivation for you. You just wait and see what a few more weeks on plan will do for you.

boaters
Every time we make a good choice. Every time we eat less of a bad thing than we really want to. Every time we do anything that is good for us. All of those are great nsv's. Nice going.

Beverly
Yes that is a big deal. I love banana nut bread. I slice it real thin now and eat it with just a touch of butter instead of a thick piece covered in vanilla ice cream lol. I can eat that nice big piece and that vanilla ice cream but darn who wants to use all that fat up lol. Bet I do plan it in my menu at least once before it is all gone Funny it is my late mother in laws recipe too.

knits
There is nothing wrong from time to time being over what we allow our selfs. I have a very wide range of what I am allowed for that very reason. We need to have a little pause and enjoy. As long as those pauses are only a few calories or a few grams of fat from time to time. I don't see where it is going to hurt anything.