Old 12-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #46  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I haven't really had any NSV's to speak of lately, but I did want to share yesterday's events. I ran to Macy's to see if I could find a couple casual shirts for DH. When I got there I couldn't find anything for him, but proceded into the ladies department...why waste a shopping trip, heh? Anyway, the department manager was setting her sales for the big one day only thing starting this morning and said that she would honor all of today's sales yesterday, so I started looking around! I had such an enjoyable time shopping BY MYSELF, just for ME. Cruising the clearance racks I ended up with so many clothes to try on that I had to stop looking, I couldn't carry anymore. Well, into the dressing room I headed (the handicap dressing room no less as there's more room in there for all the clothes, LOL). My NSV came as a shock to me. I haven't really lost any weight in about a month, I keep playing with the same pound or so, but everything I took into the dressing room was too big. The medium pants fell off me. The medium and large sweaters looked like I was wearing a sack. I had to take all those clothes out and start looking all over again! When I left Macy's I had two pairs of Style and Company pants in smalls, two Liz Claiborne tops, again in smalls, and a Jones vest in a medium...I needed a small in that too but it was so darn hot looking that I'm willing to take it in myself! And, all of these ego boosters set me back just $44!!!! Woo Hoo!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #47  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Dang Kelly!
$44 bucks!! You're my hero!!! Great shopping!!
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #48  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

One of the youner guys next door told me I need to get a new coat. My coat was to big because of all the weight I have lost. Heck, I had no idea anyone had noticed lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

The JM workout that about killed me last week...was a light workout tonight! I barely broke a sweat and once again had to up my weight on one exercise. now looking ahead to the new routine I start next week it might kill me..of course I thought the same thing about this routine two weeks ago.

I am almost through a week of being completely on plan!

Boater--that was a great bargain shopping trip there...love that!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I've had a NSV of late....my winter coat that was way too tight last year...fits just fine. Most of my clothes are getting too big.

That's an amazing feeling!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Last night I took a bubble bath in my clawfoot tub for the first time since last spring (I have showered in the meantime, don't worry!). Really noticeable how much more room I have to maneuver and soak in there now!
Also, even though I haven't lost much recently, I can really notice now how much thinner my face and body look. I don't know if that's because my body is rearranging differently, or I'm just finally wrapping my head around looking different. I have been getting more compliments lately, so who knows?
And I had to throw out more clothes yesterday, as they were just getting way too big. The sweats I wore yesterday were dragging on the ground. I was trying to figure out how they got two inches LONGER in the leg!
lifeguard, good luck in your competition. That's such an exciting and motivating NSV!
Faerie, good job on the healthy eating!
Kelly, shopping NSVs are the best, I think! You are such an inspiration to me, having started around the same weight I did. I can't imagine ever getting into a small anything, but you show it's possible!
Shy, look out, now the young guys are noticing!
purplefirefly, I admire all you dedicated exercisers. That could be my problem...
Beverlyjoy, my coat was too tight last year too, and fits just fine now. Fun stuff, going through old clothes to see what fits and what's too big now!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 233/188/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Last night I took a bubble bath in my clawfoot tub for the first time since last spring (I have showered in the meantime, don't worry!). Really noticeable how much more room I have to maneuver and soak in there now!
I had that exact one a couple of weeks ago - I hadn't used the tub since summer, and suddenly there are a few extra inches of space on either side. Doesn't it feel awesome?
Rosemund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #53  

I made it through the Christmas parade without eating any candy. I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it actually was, but this is a very low stress day around the house, so my committment to not eat sugar has been enought overcome. Now, a couple days ago I would have had another major temper tantrum over it
Old 12-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

Default My NSV's

Well, I haven't been on my diet terribly long, a few weeks, but I have a few NSVs.

First of all, earlier this week, my fiance's grandmother visited (and hadn't seen me in about a week) and said, "Are you losing weight? You look like you are." It was nice to get some verbal confirmation that I'm looking as good as I'm feeling.

Another one! I noticed that my size 8 pants were starting to feel really loose, practically hanging off me, but still wearable. So, I went into my closet and pulled out a size 6, and they fit. I mean, I'd like them to fit BETTER than they did, but at least they did, right!? So, that was exciting.

And lastly! I went to the store the other day and bought some long sleeve shirts. I went home and tried them on, and I actually like the way they looked on me. It's been months and months, maybe even a year, since I last remember liking the way clothes fit me. =]

Oh, and course, I feel healthier and happier now that I've been eating healthier and exercising. =]
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #55  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Today I decided to try on a couple pair of size 14 pants I had in the closet. One of them was a size 14 nonstretch pair of jeans from Victoria's Secret. When I got them just a few weeks ago, they were no where near close to zipping. Now they fit. All my size 14 pants fits now including the Levis I decided to wear today along with my size L top.

Edited to add - forgot to say that when I showed DH my jeans, he called them itty bitty pants.

Last edited by nelie; 12-08-2007 at 10:04 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #56  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Congrats on your great NSV's everyone!

I've only lost 9 pounds, but my double chin is not so double anymore.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

I noticed that when I put on some of my old tshirts, they just HANG. They are so huge and baggy. And the thing is, I remember a time not so long ago when I stopped wearing those t's because they were so extremely tight across the belly and arms. I remember putting on this green tshirt and it was so freaking tight. I took it off and hung it back in the closet but I had nothing bigger to wear, and I just cried. It brings tears to my eyes to put it on now and it hangs off me.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #58  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Sorry I haven't been around for a couple of days. Everything is pretty much back to normal. Seems everyone pretty much is doing very well. Congrats to everyone. I felts pretty good about the pants I am wearing now. Haven't been able to get into them for at least 4 years. My son was looking at me today and said mom you need to get some smaller pants. I said these are my smaller pants. He said ummm mom you need to get some smaller smaller pants. When the pamper box says 10lbs that is all that thing will hold and you look like you need a new diaper lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:20 PM   #59  

Yeah shy, go change your diaper

Lyn, I have had moments where I stood by the closet and cried as well, is so great to hear that green shirt hangs off you now!

This probably shouldn't be a NSV, but I got to thinking tonight that tomorrow is weigh in for me and should put me close to 20 lbs. down, and next thing I knew I was in the kitchen eating leftover spagetti and chex mix it was the beginning of a self-sabotaging binge common to me in the past the night before a weigh in. The NSV is that I recognized what it was and stopped it before it went any further. I promptly got rid of the leftover spagetti and shoved the chex mix up into a higher cabinet. Though I know it will affect the 2 lb. loss I've been showing the past couple days, I feel proud I did not go into a full out binge like I have done in the past. I am starting to see through the things I do to myself and stop it, and at least I have that to say for myself. Still feeling like though
Old 12-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #60  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Everyone is doing so well! You guys are all the best of the best!

Schmoodle: You touch me....it's almost a surreal kind of feeling to think that I inspire anyone. Some days I still look in the mirror and see the size 22 girl, some days I look in the mirror and don't recognize the girl looking back at me. I think it's just going to take still more time for my brain to get reprogrammed!

Today DD15 had a national dance competition. Team plans were to go to Cracker Barrel afterwards for chow before we all started the long drive home. I was a bit edgy wondering what I was going to eat or if I'd get derailed by all the yummy looking things on the menu, buy my NSV is that I made good choices. Managed to have a grilled chicken salad with FF dressing, the cheese was in a wedge on the side rather than shredded so it was easy to guesstimate the ounces to count when I got home. I ignored the biscuits, picked the croutons off my salad before eating, and had water with lemon to drink. I think I managed to leave CB eating a meal that only cost me about 7 WW points, which is about what I use for dinner here at home. I guess that means it really is a lifestyle now!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote