Old 11-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #1  
active kids, active mom

Default The universe conspires AGAINST me

Do you ever have those moments/days/weeks where it just seems impossible to do something you need to/want to/should do?

Last night, the plan was that dh would come home and I would go to the gym. Dh called to say he would be late -- like after the kids go to bed late. I was pretty bummed, but I put Oprah on the DVR and worked out for an hour in my living room. Check.

Today, I got all ready to work out while dd was in her swim lesson. The plan was that I would put dd1 and ds into the kids' center while dd2 was in swim class and then go work out. Well, I got to the kids' center with dd and ds and was met with a sign that said they had changed their hours and would not be open Friday afternoons anymore. Okay. I can handle this. I called dh, who said he would indeed be home at a decent hour (dh is wonderful and supportive but he is working on a project that has him working way too many hours until next week -- and then we get a lot of r and r). Good plan. An hour later, dh called me to let me know his train his very very delayed and e would not be home until, again, way after the kids are in bed.

So now, with the universe conspiring against me (tongue-in-cheek, of course), I am trying to get motivated to do yet another Oprah work-out on the carpet.

Doe this ever happen to anyone else?

Thanks
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Abolutely! Life is funny that way... sounds like you handle it like a champ, though...keep it up and you will be at your goal weight before you know it!

I don't know how old your kids are and I wish I could tell you that it gets easier as they get older...but that would not be true. What a great example you are setting for your kids with your flexibility in working out...yeayou!!!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:08 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

What's that saying? "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans?"

There are days when it's just not easy... But you know what? Good for you for sticking to your commitment to working out! You can keep doing it
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

It seems that no matter what the Gods throw at you, you still stay focused.... that's hard to do! You should be proud of yourself...I need to get better at that. I never seem to be able to see the "if life hands you lemons...make lemonade" point of view.... I'm working on it though. Thanks for the reminder, I need to work harder.
missingmyerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:57 AM   #5  
No description available.

It is easy to stay on plan when our plans don't change. YOU are TRULY dedicated and awesome in your flexibility and determination. Congratulations on your hard work!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

knits
Happens all the time. Plans were made to be changed lol. You can't do one thing you just do another. Stay on task and you will get where you want to be. I am the official " if life gives you lemons make lemonade " girl lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #7  
active kids, active mom

Thanks for even more motivation!

Here's to making lemonade (the low-sugar kind, of course).
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote