HI! I'm in again!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I figure this is a better time that later to come back in here! I see some familiar faces and some tickers I'm downright jealous of!

I've been MIA for awhile. Half a@@ attempts over the past 14 months haven't worked. Not going to waste to much time crying over the pounds I've gained back. It sucks though. It's all about what I do from today on. And today I got on the scale...it's been months... and while I cannot say I was totally shocked...I knew I'd resorted back to wearing my yoga pants and big tee shirts a few months ago...it was a loud wake up call. I'm at my all-time high weight EXACTLY. To the pound. It's taken 9 years to put it all back on. It's humbling. It's hard. It's good to feel this fight rising up inside of me again. I'm disgusted. And ready to do the right thing and do it over and over and over and over until I reach my goal. I have 2 little girls and they need me to be the best Mom I can be and it's not happening at this weight. It's good to be back and I look forward to getting much needed help and support and giving back in return.

I was tempted to go to another weight loss board because there is an element of not wanting to admit that I messed up so badly. How stupid! I even signed up for an account there an hour ago. Then I remembered that I got so much help here on 3FC and couldn't believe that I couldn't just come here and admit that I have many things to learn. First, how to make peace with food. And finally to experience what making a commitment to myself and sticking to it feels like.

It's good to be back.
  • Welcome back. I'm glad you decided to come back here, rather than going somewhere else...we've missed you!
  • I'm so glad you're back as well. We are here for you through thick and thin.

The past is certainly irrelevant. It sounds as if you're really ready to tackle your weight issues. You've made that all important commitment. Congratulations. That is the first step. Good luck!!! I look forward to hearing lots more from you as you embark on this very worthwhile journey.
  • I don't know you (yet), but I'm already thrilled that you're here.

I can relate to losing and then gaining. I almost didn't come back here out of embarrassment, but like you, I realized that the support here just can't be beat!

Welcome back!
  • Thanks for the welcome back! Of course I have my feelings on my side right now, and I feel strong and encouraged. I know there are tough days ahead. But honestly, I've been pretty miserable gaining all this weight back. It's hard being this fat. I'm expecting that it'll be hard work losing it and it'll be the challenge of my life to maintain it. I want to remember how bad this feels. The chronic back and foot pain. To not fit into any of my winter clothes from last year. It'll make it easier to make the right choices.

I just joined 24HourFitness. We moved 3 months ago and I've been meaning to join, just never had. I'll go tomorrow. I actually enjoy exercise. A combination of gym and home videos is what works for me. I'll have sore muscles for a few days since I've obviously been out of the habit.
  • Welcome Back! As you already know, this is the best place out there for support. And good for you for joining the gym. Posting here and getting your gym habit going are two great starts.
  • Welcome back!!!
    This is my 3rd time here, and I think you are doing the best thing, by coming back and admitting what is happening. If you did this once, you can do it again!!!
    Cheryl
  • Back!!!!! I didn't know you before, but I sure hope you keep posting so I can get to know you now ^^
  • Welcome back....I'm kinda new so I look forward to getting to know you also.
  • Hi Nori! Its so good to see your smiling face again! I'm glad you decided to come back and do this with us. I'm looking forward to taking this journey with you.
  • Welcome back, Nori!
    Hi, Nori, congratulations for coming back and getting back on track. We all know that maintaining a healthy weight and fitness level can be a lifelong process. I don't think we used this site at the same time in the past, but earlier this week I decided to come back as well, trying to get my life back in order. I realized that one of the things that really helped me the last time was the support of other people who have been through all of this.

Again, welcome back and good luck!
  • I saw a cute quote the other day that inspired me. It said something like "Losing weight is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard". It is tough to muster up that fight after a hiatus, but you can do it! Doesn't it feel really good to be making steps in the right direction?
  • Hi Nori...welcome back!

I know how psychologically hard these do-overs can be at the beginning. I've battled weight and overeating since I was a small child. Before this time, my largest loss had been just over 100 pounds a little over 10 years ago. I got down to about 220 then. In the ten years that followed I gained 180 pounds. 180! It never felt real to me, but there it was. About 17 months later, with a few false starts early on, I am within just a few pounds of where I was back then.

So it can be done!

I wish you the very best of luck.
  • Welcome back Nori. I remember talking to you before and I'm so glad you are back! If I remember correctly, you had some tough issues going on before you stopped posting. (my memory isn't always great, so I could be wrong about that) Maybe that set you back some, too.

But YOU ARE BACK... with a vengeance!!!!! That's so awesome!
  • Welcome Back! There aren't a lot of us who haven't put weight back on at some point. You've got a lot of knowledge and experience to fall back on and lots of support here. Good luck!