sharonrr1

• Hi Sharon,

I just wanted to let you know I got your PM, and I tried to reply, but I guess I have to have 25 posts under my belt before I can reply to a pm. I just didn't want you to think I didn't respond ~ I tried!! LOL

Anyways,
    Thank you for caring and sending me that message.
    As far as exercise, that is one area that I have trouble with. I keep telling myself every night that tomorrow I will walk on our treadmill, but do I? NO
    I just can't seem to get motivated enough to doing it.
    I guess I think that if I do, the numbers on the scale will go up because I am walking and building muscle.
    I know that building muscle is a good thing and that it will burn fat, but the number's going up on that stupid scale scares me.
    Plus, we are having trouble with our treadmill, it got some water on it (it is in our basement and we had a leak from our tub) and since then it seems to just slow down on its own and then all of a sudden it stops. It is very frustrating to try to walk. With winter being here it gets really cold and snowy and slippery on our back country roads, so going out for a walk is out of the question for the season.
    I am thinking about looking for an eliptical machine but so far I haven't.
    So, for exercise, I'm not doing any!!

Thank you for the pm.
    Take care,
    God Bless,
    Tari
  • Hi there. I'm not Sharon, but I saw this and wanted to respond.

I absolutely LOVE the Walk Away The Pounds DVD series by Leslie Sansone. They are easy to follow and quick and is a great way to exercise indoors. I used them all the time during my weight loss journey. I'd still be using them now if I hadn't recently started working at a gym. I started out with the 1,2, 3 mile express line. I urge you to get them. And I urge you to incorportate some kind of activity into your day. You will be amazed, simply amazed at what it will do for your weight loss efforts and your health in general.
  • Hi Rockinrobin,
    That is cool that you responded ~ I like that!!
    Now, what exactly is the Walk Away the Pounds? What do you do with that program?
    I know I need to exercize, I am having a problem with that one!! I think, too, that I am frustrated at our tread mill for not working.
    Thanks,
    God Bless,
    Tari
  • Walk Away the Pounds is a series of very simplistic, easy to follow DVD's. It's a walking series that is great for beginners. Like I said, I would start out with the 1,2, & 3 mile Express Series. You can get them on ebay.

I see you've already lost a substantial amount of weight. Congratulations. What plan are you following? Whatever plan it is, exercise will do WONDERS for it and you. It really is essential in continuing to lose weight and then of course maintaining it and your overall health. I can't imagine where I would be right now had I not exercised. Oh gosh, I don't even want to think about it a little bit. I know I would never, ever be at my goal weight. And I know I would never ever have been as narrow and muscular as I am now and I know that I would stand ZERO chance at maintaining my weight loss without the exercise.

Don't let the fact that it's cold out stop you from exercising or the fact that you don't have a treadmill.

Good luck to you.
  • I'm here to co-sign on Robin's suggestion about Leslie Sansone's DVDs. They have been, literally, a life saver for me. Best wishes!
  • I just had to chime in too, I live in Washington where the sun rarely shines and the gym is a snoozefest to me soooooo... Leslie's videos are my exercise method of choice.

Great way to start out if you are new to exercising and they can be modified to be more intense as your fitness level goes up. Besides that, her energy and cheerfulness is infectious..any workout that can make me smile once in awhile has my seal of approval