Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 AM   #31  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Hiya Mary,
McDonald's got the best of me the last time I lost weight. Now, I curse that place. Maybe just a good old fashioned "kick start" can get you on the right track. Hang in there babe, you're sooooooo close.

PS Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #32  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

This is going to sound REALLY superficial but...

Do you have any HAWT outfits you want to wear/get into?

I mean... That super awesome dress, etc...?!

I am also slacking *even though I said I wouldn't* and the only thing that is keeping me mildly in check is wanting to look good in a dress I have in my closet. The health aspect isn't phasing me... ****! My allergy isn't even phasing me as it should be. But my clothing is...

Maybe a more superficial goal like this might work to at least get you started...

For me I am a loose then maintain... loose then maintain... loose then maintain... loose then maintain... type. If you can't bring yourself to lose then just maintain for a bit.
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'9

Hi Mary..it sounds as if you have had some really great responses..and people who genuinely care for you and what is happening,and I do too..

I would be lieing if I said this was my very first diet ever...its not..I have lost about 40pds in the past,and then back plus 10..umm or more..I know its hard to lose wieght,its hard to maintain,its hard,its hard,its hard...and yes,fast food is easy and addicting,its funny when you look at it,you wonder what the heck makes it so tempting,some frozen pattie,made out of parts of a cow I dont even know,and some buns made out of sugar,and some cheese that sat on the back of a truck for about a month before it got to McDs..and yet,put it together and I will fight you for it...lol..sad but true...I watched the "super size" movie,some of my friends were,I will never eat that again,and I was too,too their face,as soon as I left I couldnt wait to get 2!!!!...

but back to topic...I have slipped as well..and I would love to say here is what happend,here is how to get passed it...but I dont know..all I know is,you are sure not alone...maybe my mind was not ready,maybe I was to strict in my diet,which I usually am...maybe Iam scared of losing the weight and keeping it off..being a role model,I dont know...I honestly dont know..and I cry just thinking of it...and same as others,I know have more weight to lose than I did last time..how did that happen???...I guess,I just dont want to see what has happend to me,happen to you..I dont..do what ever you have to do,journal write your feelings,fustrations,etc...find a nice restaurant and pre order something healthy to pick up,or find some frozen meals that are actually good...or...this has worked for me lately,when I crave a burger,I made a sandwich..I was suppose to be watching my bread,but...I was craving a burger for the past couple of weeks,so I made a sandwich out of turkey,lowfat cheese,lettuce,tomatoe,toasted organic bread (lowcal,high fiber),and a mustard,and you know what,it was sooo good and a low cal tomatoe based soup....it was filling,and distracting...and I slowly ate it and realized that this is really good...and I have not had that burger for two weeks now..Im not saying this WILL work for you,but find your subsitute,and do what you can...its those small steps...

I know that when I start on that cycle it is extremely hard to break,I too use to hit it everyday just about,sometimes twice!!!...and then I would order more food...but I was trying to fill something...and I never got full.....to be honest,when I first stopped going I cried...lol...I was just about to pull into the drive thru,and I pulled off had a fit and cried on the way home..

all I can say is,beaware,take some small steps,find some good soups make a sandwich,a really good one,or wraps..and buy a magazine and relax...write in a journal..do what you have to...

take care...
Lannae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Default Oh sockmonkey

Whatever you had I seemed to have caught it too. I was going along SO well. I'd lost about 37 lbs and was so commited. I won the points challenge last month with a perfect score. I could do no wrong. UNTIL.... I went out for mexican and margaritas one night. The next day I didn't exercise. The next it was no exercise and not enough water. It just went totally out of control. I ate whatever I wanted. Sat on my butt all day. I gained a few (2-3) pounds back. It might not sound like much but it felt like failure. I've been trying to control myself without feeling completely restricted. I still haven't gotten back on my treadmill all week. I still haven't been drinking like I should. I still eat the wrong stuff but try to at least control the quantities. I think the time change and cold weather coming in has thrown my body into hibernation mode. I've been doind everything wrong.

The weight has been slowly creeping back down. This morning the most amazing thing happened. I got on the scale and I'm now down to 274.6. That's the lowest I've been in a very long time. How did I come down so much and still be doing it all wrong? I'm not going to question it but be thankful. Maybe my body just needed a break and time to readjust. I'll get back into the better eating, exercise and water. I just have to do it gradually again. I don't want to shock myself into another stop in the weight loss.

Hang in there girl. Don't cut out all the fun food. Just limit them to once in a while. (not once in a while everyday) You'll adjust and get back into the swing. It's just such a hard time of year to be good.

Last edited by Supersub; 11-21-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 254

Height: 5'9

I have to add...D.Q was the worst place for me..love the burgers,and a blizzard,or ugh...wont go into details...

I wished it gone...

it burnt down...

no one hurt..hopefully good insurance...but...umm feeling powerful and wearing a cape now..kids are scared to get on my bad side..becaues if I have the mind power to burn down D.Q...look out!!!!

Lannae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:01 PM   #36  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

LOL Lannae!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #37  
I have less blubber!

Just an update. I have been getting back in to watching what I eat the last couple of days. Not perfect by any means, but better. I weighed myself despite the feasting yesterday, and I am down in the 184's. I'll be back to 182 in no time! And then some!! It feels so good to be back. I have gotten the excitement about losing weight again!

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 11-23-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #38  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #39  

I am in a remarkably similar boat, so I have no good advice. All I can say is, we can do this! We'll fall, we'll get up, we'll fall, we'll get up, and the cycle may continue...but we CAN do this!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:34 AM   #40  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
I am not content at this weight. Yes I feel more confident...But I know I m still fat. 186 is not flattering to my 5'3" frame. I could live with myself much easier at this weight than 224...but not really be happy. And if I keep eating like this, I know all my hard work will just evaporate. I want to look normal. Not skinny. JUST NORMAL.

I just don't understand why I feel this way. Is it laziness? Is it just stress? Whatever it is, I need to find a way to regain my motivation. I know this is a life long commitment...I just can't give up.
I can relate. Sometimes I just...lose it, and I have to fight to refocus and get back on track. Give yourself a mental pep-talk, as MANY as you need! \Write lists, make motivational collages, whatever you need to do..but you're HERE, and I think that's a positive step.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 01:05 AM   #41  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Well I am happy to see you are back on track bc I have a similar story to Linda's. I had lost a tremendous amount of wt of over 100 pounds and lost my motivation. I am currently only 57 pounds from my highest wt. That's how bad it got. It's good to see you got on top of it really quick. When you have a lot to lose it is difficult to maintain that motivation consistently.

I will institute everyone's suggestions here into my own life and learn that maintaining is okay.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #42  
What am I waiting for?

S/C/G: 315/254/160

Height: 5'6"

I used to crave fast food too it just was filled that void of desire for something hot and instant. I mean I didnt go everyday but a few times a week at least to Burger King, Wendys, or Taco Bell....I was never much for McDonalds.

A couple things have helped me to eat virtually no fast food. I watched two movies one fast food nation and supersize me. Those movies show you a lot about what it is you are putting into your body, its really not fuel....its just junk. Also I have read so much on the internet about how its suspected that fast foods have chemicals that keep people addicted to their foods...I dont want any part of that. And finally I became vegatarian so most fast food is out well BK has a veggie burger that I might have once a month or so if I am on the road.

All I know is that fast food is not a good fuel for the body at all...everyone knows but it tastes soooo good. My only thought is maybe you could eat a protein bar or a shake while you are on the run to curb your appetite until you can get somewhere to make a healthier meal.

You are so worth it! and you have gone so far already. Dont think back in a few years from now and wish you had just stuck to your guns and pushed through it all. I know I have wasted so much of my life with excuses and talks of starting tomorrow....
jasmine987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #43  

Mary,
Hurray for you getting back on track!!

I feel like a hipocrite offering my two cents when I am struggling myself .... however, I would like to comment on your life right now. Two jobs and full time school? That is a lot. I gained all of my weight when I was going to school and working and taking care of my kids. There are not a lot of people that can appreciate just how difficult and stressful that is. You most likely work two jobs because you need to and going to school WILL pay off - so don't give it up! You are aware of your limits and perhaps you just simply got overwhelmed with finals/schedules? I really, really wish I would have learned how to control the stressful times better back then - you can still do that. Know when you have a paper due, midterms or finals are coming up, or it is a busy time at work...and prepare for it. Believe me, if you let it overtake you it will get harder to resist the next time. After all, it is "only 4 pounds."

Best of luck to you!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:28 PM   #44  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey70 View Post
I think I am bored with the routine...but how do I make it more interesting?? I work 2 jobs and goto school full time and there isn't alot of time for me to cook nice healthy meals. SIGH.
I work long hours sometimes & have a long commute, so I can relate. I keep some Smart Ones/Lean Cuisine/Kashi dinners on hand. Along with oatmeal & Cheerios. And pre shredded salad and tomatoes and other salad fixings. That's usually what I eat for dinner. Sometimes I put tomato sauce on a pita & sprinkle a bit of shredded cheese on it. These are all pretty quick fixes.

Is there a Trader Joe's by you? They have some nice low cal/low fat convenience food options. Is there anyplace where you can get sushi or premade salads? Those would be good alternatives to the fast food.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #45  
I have less blubber!

WinterStarzz so good to se you back!! I think we must have went on hiatus about the same time

Cassie I have been trying the mental pep talks as well as mental visualzation of me at goal weight and it really is helping!

likenoother I think it takes a very strong person to start again after a set back like that. I know I would have probably just given up completley out of frustration. You and Linda are warriors

Jasmine I have seen Supersize Me, and I was one of those people who vowed not to eat McDonald's ever again...But after a couple of months the shock wore off and I was back at the feeding trough. I guess I just need to work on my willpower!

Thanks Tonia! It's nice to have a sympathetic ear

nylisa I think Lean Cuisines are my one saving grace. I may just have to stick completely to them for supper. I am never home for lunch so I usually grab a chicken sandwich from the Chic-Fil-A on campus. And sadly, no Trader Joe's anywhere in sight.