Old 11-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 292/?/150

Height: 5ft6in

We are going to my parents to spend 4 days. I follow South Beach and they do as well. I'm not too worried, but I'm trying to be prepared for the temptations. Here are some limits I've set for myself.

-exercise/definately a walk tgiving am and then after dinner too.
-if I really want it, I will have a bite. If it's absolutely delicious, I can have a normal portion. If it isn't fabulous, I won't go beyond the 1 bite.
-drink my water!!

I'm really not a pie eater so dessert won't really be a problem for me. I do really love leftover turkey sandwiches on nasty white bread. I'll sub a half sandwich on ww, no mayo instead.

I'll be anxious to hear how everyone comes out!
Shellyknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #17  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here, but as far as 'eating off plan' goes, I just can't do that any more. I can definitely relate to what Robin said.

Yesterday I had a professional development day for work and usually I just take my own lunch to these things. Well... I had my lunch with me, but I had decided to try and eat what they had there, so I could join in more. MISTAKE!!! Things didn't *look* too bad, but once I tasted them they had all sorts of hidden flavours/sauces. The veggies that looked just plain and raw, were actually pickled in something. My stomach pretty much protested from just after lunch, for a number of hours afterwards, and I'm STILL suffering during bathroom breaks.

So, sometimes it is actually a benefit to have spent so long on a lifestyle change. My stomach is now the deciding factor of whether I 'indulge' or not. There are still special foods that I can have if we go out, but they are only special in the fact that I don't cook them at home, and I sometimes have a little more than I usually would. But having a stomach that can't tolerate sauces/fats/creams etc... means that I am not even attracted to that sort of food anymore.

I will certainly be taking my own lunch to future professional development days!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, no matter what you are doing.

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #18  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

We had our Canadian Thanksgiving last month, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! it was a Free Meal, not the free week LOL. I could never live without mom's dressing and gravy, so I budgeted for it, did a few extra walks that week, no big deal - was down 3 lbs. for that week too!

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:51 PM   #19  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

My Thanksgiving Day Plan:

Turkey Day - 5K in the morning, eat a respectable breakfast and lunch. Then, all heck may break loose for dinner. Including excessive drinking. We're making a goose - which is sinfully delicious and very fatty. I can't wait!

Exercise everyday this week:
M, W, S, S - spin class
Tuesday - Dance
Thursday - Charity 5K Walk
Friday - Long walk with the dogs.

This way I can mitigate some of the damage for Thursday.
Then, immediately send home leftovers with guests and eat clean again on friday!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #20  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
I could never live without mom's dressing and gravy,
I once thought like that... Then I went a long time (against my wishes) without them... Till I figured out that Kammut bread makes good stuffing, and potato starch and potato water can make a good gravy. Glad I am not the only one who had some... Though I do make my own.
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #21  

My program has one day off per month but I'm not even going to use it because my program has a free meal everyday anyway there really isn't a point. I'm just going to stick to my program all day. Then I'm going to sit down and enjoy my dinner, then eat dessert like I do any other day for the past 3 months. Then me and my friends are going to the park and play flag football. I can't wait. Thanksgiving rocks.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #22  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I have been worrying since the end of September about the months of October---- My dd birthday and Halloween--- candy and cakes.... November-- Turkey day-- and December-- Winter Solstice , and New years eve.......
Now I don't go over to families homes( it is just my small family of 4 plus to kitties), but I do cook, plus the getting dark early means I am inside more.
For Thursday I am going to exercise, and eat a good breakfast..... steel cut oatmeal and banana and honey, I am making sweet potato pies tomorrow, I usually give some away to friends and neighbors... I put low fat butter and low fat milk in mine..., and I will be using a graham cracker crust this year.. I am planning food, there will be salad for me and roasted veggies, and stuffed spinach portabella mushrooms..... I will probably go over my calorie limit, but with healthy foods. Plus we too go walking after we eat. It just is more helpful for my body( last year we didn't), and I like being near nature.
I can do this.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote