Old 11-17-2007, 06:06 PM   #1  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Default Finally heard from the Oprah show! My visit to the Plastic Surgeon

Something I just posted on a MySpace bulletin. Dollar amount donations will be different in this forum (I have only 27 friends there)

In a weird turn of events, the Oprah show contacted me Friday afternoon (I was heading out the door to go to a consultation with a plastic surgeon)

Earlier in the day I got into thinking that I somehow needed to contact the show as my phone number had changed. When I dug up the Chicago number and called I was told that (after telling them I did so) the will not accept unsolicited mail and/or packages. I told them I got the address from their website, and I was told, "it clearly states we do not accept unsolicited mail." (see below). This person also informed me that they already did the weight loss success story for the year, and would not be interested anymore (huh!?!?) When I got home from work, I went back on the website and found out I was indeed right! I called again, and directed them to their own page. When she saw this, she confirmed that this indeed was a legitimate address, that it is going to a PO Box. She explained if I had emailed the show with my correct phone number, then there would be a database. Fifteen minutes later the show actually called me. Did they call based on Caller ID, or were they legitimately going to call me? I may never know. I am awaiting an email from them so I can send my updated pictures (I'm waiting on my trainer to send my pic of me receiving my medallion at the 1/2 marathon last week. I briefly told my story. I hope it was good enough for a followup.

Like I said, I was on my way to the plastic surgeon. I did not get to meet with the surgeon, but had a pre-consultation with a staff member. She had me watch a video on Full Body Lift. and then she went over the procedures. Explained that it would be more then 1 surgery, etc. Yada, yada, yada. This stuff I already knew, as I have been reading about this already. I was later told that a consultation with the surgeon would be $100. Two weeks prior to surgery $400 is due, and the remainder of the bill would be do upon surgery. This surgery will cost me roughly $45,000 (Eric Chopin from the Biggest Loser paid $35,000).

$8,500 for the nose (deviated septum - insurance may cover that)
$6,500 for the arms
$6,500 for the breasts
$15,000 for the stomach
$8,500 for the thighs

This is why I am hoping Oprah will pay for it! The staff member said she would ask about pro-bono, but then also said that everyone always asks for that. Or perhaps if I could get all my MySpace friends, Tom included to send me a check for $1700. The I can afford the surgery.

In the reading I have done on this surgery. the Dr's prefer the patient to below 200lbs, BMI of less then 30, and at a stable weight. I was told that I could get this surgery immediately (weight 237lbs, BMI 34) as I am physically fit to do so. There is some hope!

Last edited by rockinrobin; 11-18-2007 at 07:02 AM.
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good luck!!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote