Old 11-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #16  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Night is the worst time for me. Right around bedtime I start getting super hungry. It's really hard training myself to go to bed hungry. I have a hard time falling asleep, and in the past I always just ate something, anything, to calm my stomach.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #17  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

The only thing that has worked for me in kicking that mid-afternoon slump is to cut out most carbs from my lunches. No bread, rice, etc. I do have a piece of fruit after my protein and veggie and that seems to be ok.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

That's my worst time, too. I schedule healthy snacks (that include protein, carb and good fat) and hot drinks during that time.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My witching hours are from 8-11 pm. I try to keep my snack to hot air popcorn, but still. I've done the tooth brushing trick. I think I learned that at WW 10 years ago.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #20  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

The "old" me - come home from work at 4:00, after skipping breakfast and having a small lunch (or even worse - none at all). It WAS a rough day, I SO DESERVE something wonderful to eat - let's see - that looks good, - inhale. Oh, so does THAT - inhale. About 1500 calories later I was done - until supper time anyway.

The "new" me - Eats a good breakfast, has a morning snack, has a nutritious lunch, has another snack about an hour before coming home. Comes home, has a nutritious protein-rich snack and a big glass of tea, then exercises for 30-40 minutes.

I haven't had an issue with afternoon snacking or binges since I started this journey in July. Keeping my blood sugar level and eliminating food "rewards" have been HUGE success strategies.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

3-5pm for me too and then around 10pm when dh starts eating his after dinner, dinner
He runs long distance and is thin, so I guess he needs the calories. I used to join him, but now I just leave the room. He doesn't seem to notice....hey....what does that mean?
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 01:10 AM   #22  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

NIGHT TIME!!!!!! Thats when I really feel the urge to snack. I have been doing better with late night snacking but hey, there's always room for improvement. I really need to set a cut off time for me and cut out late night eating completely!!!!!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote