3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   people I need help finding a good low fat Turkey day dessert........ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/127085-people-i-need-help-finding-good-low-fat-turkey-day-dessert.html)

hellokitty81668 11-14-2007 09:33 AM

people I need help finding a good low fat Turkey day dessert........

I have been seaching and searching for low cal / healthy pumpin or sweet potato desserts , any help? tia
cheryl

djstorey 11-14-2007 09:55 AM

I am trying this recipe myself this Thanksgiving. I got it from hungry-girl.com Hopefully it's good.

Ingredients:

For Crust
2 cups Fiber One bran cereal (original)
1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown); melted & mixed with 1 oz. water
3 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
1 tsp. cinnamon

For Filling
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
One 12-oz. can evaporated fat-free milk
3/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
Optional Topping: Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Combine crumbs with all other crust ingredients. Stir until mixed well. In an oven-safe 9-inch pie dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray, evenly distribute mixture, using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press and form the crust. Press it into the edges and up along the sides of the dish. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the filling. Mix well. Pour mixture into pie crust. (Filling may be taller than the crust -- trust us, this is okay!) Bake pie in the oven for 45 minutes, and then remove it and allow to cool. Chill in the fridge for several hours (for best results, chill overnight). Cut into 8 slices, and if you like, top with Reddi-wip before serving! MAKES 8 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 133
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 236mg
Carbs: 28g
Fiber: 9g
Sugars: 8g
Protein: 6g

POINTSŪ value 2*

CABunnyGirl 11-14-2007 09:55 AM

I found this for you:

Low-Fat Sweet Potato Pie:

http://www.low-fat-recipes.com/featu...potato-pie.htm

http://mydietbuddy.com/recipe-sweet-potatoe-pie.htm

Low-fat Pumpkin Pie:

http://www.recipezaar.com/4059

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/ho...kinpie1104.htm

shananigans 11-14-2007 10:18 AM

I made this "Impossible Pumpkin Pie" last T-giving and it was a hit. I made two, one sugar free (sweetened with xylitol, a low-glycemic natural sweetener) and one with the brown sugar. It's really easy! Works best if you use a pyrex baking dish.

rockinrobin 11-14-2007 10:50 AM

How about homemade applesauce, served warm, perhaps with a bit of fat free whipped cream?

modkittn 11-14-2007 10:58 AM

I make WW recipes for dessert all the time and no one can tell they are WW recipes. I don't think I can post them here though... any mods know the answer to that? :?:

rockinrobin 11-14-2007 11:06 AM

Sure, post away.

modkittn 11-14-2007 11:13 AM

Praline-Pumpkin Cake

POINTS Value: 5
Servings: 16
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 60 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Take a break from traditional pumpkin pie and complete your Thanksgiving meal with this scrumptious pecan-topped pumpkin cake.

Ingredients
1 sprays cooking spray
15 oz canned pumpkin
12 oz fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
18 1/4 oz unprepared white cake mix, 1 package
1/2 cup pecan halves, chopped
1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.

Stir pumpkin, milk, egg substitute, sugar and pumpkin pie spice together in a medium bowl until smooth; pour into pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture and gently press it into pumpkin mixture to moisten. Sprinkle cake with pecans and then drizzle margarine evenly over top.

Bake, uncovered, until knife inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Cool completely before slicing into 16 pieces.

My husband LOVES this cake and I've made it 2 times already this fall!

modkittn 11-14-2007 11:17 AM

Light Banana Cream Pie
POINTS Value: 4
Servings: 8

Ingredients
1 package fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
3 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
2 small banana(s)
1 whole Low Fat Graham Crkr Crust

Instructions
Bake pie crust according to directions.
Mix pudding with milk until clumps are gone.
Slice banana into bottom of crust. Poor pudding over bananas.
Let cool and refrigerate.

modkittn 11-14-2007 11:18 AM

No Pudge Brownies are also great - add a bit of frozen yogurt... yum :)

modkittn 11-14-2007 11:19 AM

Pumpkin Souffle

POINTS Value: 2
Servings: 10
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 50 min
Level of Difficulty: Difficult
The use of Neufchatel cheese makes this soufflé taste like a warm pumpkin cheesecake, but with much less fat and fewer calories.

Ingredients
2 Tbsp sugar
15 oz canned pumpkin, puree
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
4 oz Neufchatel cheese, softened
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground ginger
3 large egg(s), separated
1 large egg white(s)
1/3 cup sugar

Instructions
Heat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 2 1/2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Over medium heat, cook pumpkin until no longer steaming, about 8 minutes. Mix together cornstarch and evaporated milk, whisk into pumpkin. Bring to boil; remove from heat and cool.

Beat Neufchatel with pumpkin pie spice and ginger; beat in yolks to combine. Beat in cooled pumpkin mixture.

Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/3 cup sugar one tablespoon at a time until stiff. In three additions, fold whites into pumpkin mixture. Pour into prepared dish. Bake until puffed and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.

modkittn 11-14-2007 11:20 AM

Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Bars

POINTS Value: 3
Servings: 18
Preparation Time: 18 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
Serve these rich, creamy bars with a hot cup of mulled cider for a perfect holiday treat. Bake and refrigerate for up to three days before serving.

Ingredients
1 sprays cooking spray
9 whole reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers
3 Tbsp butter
16 oz fat-free cream cheese
1 cup sugar
2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3 large egg(s)
1 cup canned pumpkin

Instructions
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray or line bottom of pan with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can use a 9 X 13-inch nonstick pan.

Grind graham crackers until fine in a food processor or place crackers in a resealable plastic bag and crush with rolling pin. Place crumbs in a small bowl.

Melt butter on stove top or in microwave and pour over graham cracker crumbs. Mix with a fork until completely moistened.

Press crumbs evenly into bottom of prepared pan and place in refrigerator while preparing pumpkin filling.

Place cream cheese in bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar and mix until incorporated.

Mix in 1 cup of sour cream until just combined and then add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Add remaining sour cream and mix until just combined.

Slowly beat in each egg one at a time until incorporated, and then mix in pumpkin. (Note: For best results, all ingredients should be at room temperature and mixed as little as possible, until each ingredient is just combined.)

Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly throughout and smooth top.

Bake until set at edges, about 30 minutes. (Note: The very center will be a little loose.) Cool completely and refrigerate overnight before cutting into 18 pieces and serving.

modkittn 11-14-2007 11:22 AM

I tried to keep the pumpkin theme going on there, but I have lots of other dessert recipes too like a coffee flavored pudding and cool whip pie, etc. If you can think of anything you'd like to make with a specific ingredient, I can look up some recipes!

kaplods 11-14-2007 06:06 PM

I'm not a pumpkin pie fan, so we always have at least one other type of dessert. My mother makes this every year and it's so good. This is the original recipe, but mom just uses sugar free jello and sugar free, fat free Cool Whip, and uses Splenda in place of the sugar. You can also use strawberries and strawberry sf jello instead of raspberry.

RED RASPBERRY PRETZEL DESSERT

2 c. crushed pretzels
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. melted butter
1 2/3 c. Cool Whip
1 c. sugar
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
2 (3 oz.) pkgs. raspberry gelatin
2 c. pineapple juice, heated
16 oz. pkg. frozen raspberries

Mix pretzels, 1 tablespoon sugar and butter. Press into greased 13"x9" pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
Mix Cool Whip, sugar and cream cheese. Spread mixture over pretzel mix. Chill until firm.

Dissolve gelatin in hot juice. Add raspberries. Pour gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill.

kaplods 11-14-2007 06:07 PM

Oops, and fat free or low fat cream cheese instead of full fat. She also uses water instead of the pineapple juice.