Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 08:17 PM   #1  

Default May I join you?

Hi I'm new here. I've been observing for awhile but I really need to join you. I'm 46, married and have a 19 year old daughter. My starting weight was 332 and my present weight is 318. My goal weight is 180. I am presently doing low-carb and I'm checking out Suzanne Sommers plan. I've tried many times to lose but I'm really serious this time. My back hurts, my legs hurt, my knees hurt and I'm not getting any younger. I want to still be able to get around good when I'm older. This time I'm also going to include God in my plan. Lots of prayer. I figure I can't go wrong doing that.
I'm looking forward to joining you on a regular basis.

Old 01-18-2002, 08:20 PM   #2  

Welcome! Congrats on already losing 14 lbs! You are definitely on your way! Please post often.

Nicole
Old 01-18-2002, 10:08 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Mrs. BD welcome to our humble but great group!!! You are off to a great start! I also do low carb, and so do many on this forum so if you run into snags we can help and do not feel funny about posting your menues if you want. I kind of get a kick of postin all my eggs and bacon for the ww girls (he he he) Sorry girls. I do get a few pangs when you post allyour carbs! but anyways welcome!!
Old 01-19-2002, 12:37 AM   #4  
Keeping it simple...

Welcome BD! I'm a newbie myself, and you couldn't ask for a more supportive group of people!

See you on the boards...

Kath
Old 01-19-2002, 06:19 AM   #5  

I, like you have alot to lose..I have lost six pds so far this week..My weighing day is on a Monday..SOrta been checking out each day on how I have been doing..I currently weigh 320 and want to get down to 170 by this time next year...I figure if I can make it through the day without cheating, its a plus and I can as well as you can do it each day..I want to lose at least fourty pds by the time my birthday comes around in April 26...I will be 42...I am just so sick of my big ole tummy and worse of all worried of a health problem do to my weight..Keep coming here..There are so many encouraging words people have here, alot of them are my idols..Take care friend...Sherry
Old 01-21-2002, 04:50 PM   #6  

Angry

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. I'm looking forward to coming here everyday to read, post, and share. I'm going to take it one day at a time this time.

Carol
Old 01-22-2002, 10:24 AM   #7  

Hey there!

I'm glad you found us. I just read your profile & it sounds like you're off to a wonderful start! How long have you been low carbing? You'll have to let me know how the SS diet works, I haven't heard anything about it.

Hope you have a great OP day!
Chelle
Old 01-22-2002, 04:42 PM   #8  
hot mom wanna be!

Angry welcome!

welcome to our group! I love coming here for the support and reporting how I am doing. It sounds like low carb is working for you. If you ever get sick of it, there are plenty of things out there but basically it all comes down to calories. I have done it all too, and now I pretty much eat what I want within my calorie range of
1700 a day and I still lose on it. The important thing is to stick with your weight loss goals and you will do it, one step at a time!
I started @ 313 and lost 30 pounds. I kept it off for about 6 months and then was motivated to try to lose more. Now I am at 40. At first you think you want it off now or by a certain date but I have become more realistic and am glad to say I weigh 40 pounds less than this time in January last year!! you can do it!
keep coming back for more inspiration and support!

lorelei
313/273/160 goal
Old 01-22-2002, 05:26 PM   #9  

Chelle I have been low carbing this time for about 3 weeks but I have done it before. I lost 45 lbs. low carbing the beginning of 2000 then I got married and I gained most of it back. Now my husband is low carbing too. I really lost before and it just seems to work for me. I have a big sweet tooth so it's best that I stay away from sweets completely.
As far as Suzanne Sommers program goes. I have a book ordered but from what I understand she says to always eat fruit alone on an empty stomach. To eat protein and vegatables together to eat complex carbs and vegatables together but don't eat carbs and protein together. I believe she says to wait 3 hours between a protein meal and a carb meal. She also has a list of what she calle funky foods to eliminate from your diet, sugar, white flour, bananas, I can't remember anymore of them right now. I think I may try this for about a month, I really enjoy fruit and some occasional pasta.

Carol
Old 01-23-2002, 04:36 AM   #10  

Mrs. BD

I'm like you, I have a terrible sweet tooth!

Congrats on your marriage! I hope you & your hubby are greatly successful in your quest to lose weight!

Chelle
Closed Thread