Old 11-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #16  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, plus everyone says going slow is not a bad thing, because it gives you time to make things a habit and learn from your mistakes and make more life-long changes rather than temporary "lets get this weight off" solutions. Which is great and all but I KNOW I can do better than this. But despite everything I'm still working on changing my life... as many of you know, it's no simple task. I will probably struggle the entire way.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #17  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

I started making a dinner menu for the week. It has really helped. I know that if dinner is a little higher in calories then I need to be careful throughout the day. BUt if dinner is less then I can have maybe an extra snack or bigger lunch. It seems to be working. I lost 5 pounds last week and this week is looking promising..... This weekend wasnt too bad.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
Hello All. For B-Fest I had 2 yogarts dannon natural. For lunch I am having a Lean Cuisine ( not sure which kind, but the work freezer is full of them ) and a piece of fruit. and for Dinner, I"m not sure yet, maybe some oatmeal, Toast, and a Pear
I decided to go with a ham sandwich and a pear instead. Healthy Choice Ham and no cheese, no condiments.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #19  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Well, dinner tonight sucked. We found up going out to eat, and it was Mexican food. Tried to order a taco salad, and they were out of lettuce. So I had ONE chicken enchilada and some of my mom's fajita meat. It wasn't too bad on calories, but I feel so disgustingly bloated right now that I could cry.

I'm just trying to load up on water and hope that kills it.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #20  

Height: 5'5"

Rhonda - It is ridiculously cold in MN right now, so I hope that you packed warmly. On the bright side, I've read that walking in the cold burns extra calories because your body has to work extra hard to keep them off.

MJ - So sorry about your toe. Sometimes it seems like one thing after another, doesn't it? I have a question for you. My knee has been pretty sore for the past two weeks. Not excruciating, but enough that I elected to cut back on exercise when I realized that the exercise was aggravating it. I did a step aerobics class today, which was pretty cool, but I modified whenever they did jumps to avoid hurting my knee. I wondered, though, if taping the knee would be beneficial. I have a knee brace, but I really hate it, and it doesn't seem to do much good. Any thoughts on how I could stabilize the knee so that I'm reducing the risk of injury?
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #21  
is recommitted

I guess I should bite the bullet and try planning my meals more... it's just...so...hard. lol. I am a day by day woman.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:32 AM   #22  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

good morning all,
Ok so I did a bad thing last night, I ate 3 of my daughter's frosted sugar cookies , I am not dwelling on it, I refuse to give it importance. I have talked to my dd and she is ok with me getting no more junk food( cookies, chips) until I am able to refuse them, again.
Today I am planning for a better day. I am going to exercise in a few minutes, and after eat breakfast, My stomach is paying with these cookies, I feel bloated.
Bkfst will be ....... steel cut oatmeal, banana and some honey.
lunch .. veggie hot dogs and some bread , mustard.
dinner....... roasted veggies........
snacks........... tlc bar, chocolate yogurt, rice cakes.
I can do this today!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #23  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Cheryl, that's really good that you can talk to your dd about cutting back on things. You'll get it back... you already have a good attitude towards getting back on track.

Rakel, you're like me. I am not much for planning. I like to make decisions and choices as I go. But, I've been planning meals for the past 2 weeks and I think it is helping.

Sara, I just love Mexican food! I can turn down sweet stuff most of the time, but I struggle when I have lots of good food in front of me. Portion control is difficult and I have to really think about it. And, that great Mexican food can leave you feeling bloated and full of salt. But, you are back on track today... good for you!

I did very good yesterday and so far, I'm doing good today. I have a lunch meeting, so I'm going to have to be very careful there. I have no idea what they'll have there, so it is hard to plan!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:34 AM   #24  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am super busy at work today...of course it doesn't help that I have to leave early for an appt.

I just wanted to say quick to Laurie--I don't know what to tell you. I never liked taping--my pt used to try it from time to time and for me, I didn't find it that effective. I know one thing that helps me is to ice my knee for about 10 mins (even if it doesn't hurt) as soon as I can when I am done w/ an activity that may aggrivate it. Actually the whole 'RICE' thing (Rest Ice Compression Elevate) has worked well for me. If it continues, I would get it checked by a doctor--I would hate to see you sidelined from exercise because you pushed it too far.
Not sure that will help, but I do hope it feels better soon!

K, gotta at least organize this pile on my desk before lunch! I'll try to check back, but I may not get time. My toe is MUCH better (yea!), so I am going to try the gym tonight.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #25  

xtriseratops..... I found this really cool herb called dandelion root that helps with bloating. I use it right before TOM...

We are taking the boys to this new burger joint (a chain) that opened up down the street tonight. I checked out the menu. NO VEGGIES. Only fries. The only reasonably decent choice is a junior burger. I guess I will have to scarf a HUGE salad before I go. ARGGGHHH..

I am trying to prepare by having cottage cheese and strawberries for breakfast and WW taco soup for lunch (practically air)....

Wish me luck making the good choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 AM   #26  

Cheryl.. look at it this way. You are teaching your daughter healthy eating habits and setting a good example.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #27  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning lovely ladies,

Yesterday nearly turned into a nightmare. Difficult day which began with a set to with my boss about my break times and how if the phones go nuts I shouldn't take a break. I've worked through far too many breaks in the past with little thanks, so if it's my break time, I get up and walk away from my desk. There are major scheduling issues at work, and that's not my fault. My breaks are unbalanced anyway thanks to them fiddling with them - I start at 7:30, first break at 10am, lunch at 12:30, last break at 3:15 and I finish at 4. So anyway, I got through the day and got to the gym and thought that I really didn't want to be here today. Stuck to the 20 minute rule - do 20 minutes and if I still feel like that then give up - and at least I had a 20 minute workout. I hit the supermarket afterwards and spent several minutes staring at the fresh bread, trying to decide between the sweet chili pesto rolls and the cheesy marmite bread. I bought...neither! Got home and went for a walk later.

I've also managed to lose my MP3 player. Go me! Have to admit that I wasn't that taken with it - I much prefer my iPod which died. I'm going to put in a claim for it since it cost over $400 to buy 3 months ago - once the phones calm down. Sigh. I've already ordered an iPod off the Apple site and asked for it to be delivered to Mum and Dad's since there's always someone there. When I get the replacement, I'll probably sell it to my sister or something like that.

Today is a rest day as far as gym and swimming goes. I'll go for a walk tonight instead.

Rakel, good to see you back! Birthdays are hard things to stay on plan for - I'm kind of dreading mine.

Sara, sounds like you made the best choice you could have in the circumstances. It's done now. Move on. Easier said than done.

Dek, Go you. 5 lbs is awesome!

Born to Fly, keep it up!

Laurie, how's your knee today? Better I hope. We're having a bad run of knee injuries here at the moment!

Cheryl, it's only 3 cookies. It could have been worse, and it looks like you've got a good menu planned for today...

Diane, hope the meeting goes well!

MJ, yay about the toe! Enjoy the gym!

Kat, you can do it!

Today is going to be a great day.

Have fun everyone.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:05 PM   #28  
is recommitted

Nicolen -- I think you're right. Just before my birthday I had finally started losing again and then BAMO. I thought I could handle it but I guess not. Now I'm trying to undo the damage and get back on track like I was before my birthday. (It's sad, but I got down to 280.5 and now I'm back up to around 284, sigh).

Yesterday I did pretty good, went a little over but it was all good food and no junk. I had soup AND a good sized salad, some ham and cheese rollups, 94% fat free kettle corn, sugar free pudding with peanut butter, pistachios, zone perfect bar, oatmeal (not in this order). The only thing is that I also had some preztels and spreadable cheese, which is not really the best choice but I was debating between chips and salsa and pretzels and cheese, and I think pretzels and cheese was the better choice :P. However, the BIGGEST blunder was that I also had a Cocoa Mia snack bar thing with almonds and chocolate... and... rice? Not sure what it is... not just one, but two. Only 160 calories of damage, but that's what put me over. If I could have just left the second one alone then I would have finished the day at 1471 instead of 1551. I guess it's not *THAT BAD* but I am trying to stay around 1400.

I didn't exercise yesterday. Today I need to do some stretches and maybe get on my bike! MY REAL BIKE. It's such a nice day out. Sunny & 77*F!

Last edited by rakel; 11-06-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #29  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

I stepped off track a bit for lunch, but I'm right back on now. I'm determined not to just go into angry dieter mode.."Well, I already screwed up, so I might as well go hard or go home!" Nuh-uh, not today, not after I've managed to come this far.

I'm crazy sore today, so I think I'm going to give my body a break. I need to get in some more water before I have to go to my night class.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #30  

Nicole... I love your 20 minute rule. I might have to try that. Sometimes the 45 minutes is just so daunting I bail. Thanks for the suggestion!