Old 11-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Am I Crazy?

So, the other day after work, I decided out of the blue, to walk home. I knew I can walk 2.4 miles and felt that it wasn't that bad. I came home and mapped it out and it was 2.46 miles. It was a really good walk in my opinion. I felt awesome and strong except at the last 1/10th. Well, I mentioned to my coworkers and they made me feel like I was crazy. Especially since I had my backpack(which was rather light that day).

So, am I crazy? I really enjoyed it and might do it once or more a week. My mom is supportive about it and encourages me to do it.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

I think it is a great idea! Unless you work in an area that is not safe, I can't see the down side at all! Great job! Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #3  
KitKatBahr

S/C/G: 285/229/145

Height: 5 ft, 7 in.

I think that is a wonderful idea. It's a great way to get out in nature and breathe the fresh air (assuming you don't live in a polluted city!!). Good for you! Your co-workers are probably just jealous that they can't do it or are too lazy to try. Not everyone is so willing to get out and do something about their health.

Go for it!!
Kathy
kitkatbahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

It's, in my opinion, a great area. By a busy road and well lit(if it was dark). I'd say my bike ride to my morning work is more dangerous than that! It's amazing to think how much I've grown in a month or two. I can bike 1 mile almost and walk 2.4 miles and LOVE it.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

It's, in my opinion, a great area. By a busy road and well lit(if it was dark). I'd say my bike ride to my morning work is more dangerous than that! It's amazing to think how much I've grown in a month or two. I can bike 1 mile almost and walk 2.4 miles and LOVE it.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I walk to work all summer long. Once school starts I need my car, but I still try to walk from one building to another and then back to get my car if I can fit it in around lunch time. Unfortunately, walking has become something that people shun. Too bad! I definitely think that this is a GREAT idea!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #7  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

You go, girly! As long as your body feels strong, then it can't be bad.

I don't think you're crazy. I think you're highly motivated and making a DARN nice impact on your life, and there's absolutely NOTHING crazy about that.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #8  
Hooping my Life Away

That was the biggest impact I made this week. I've felt illness coming this week and tried to sleep rather than workout/eat right. Now, my nose is runny and stuffed. I bet by Monday I will have strep. *dies*

Seriously, 2.46 miles ain't that bad at all. At least it's active going to point A to point B unlike my grandmas old road where it's going to one point and turning around to go home.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
So, the other day after work, I decided out of the blue, to walk home. I knew I can walk 2.4 miles and felt that it wasn't that bad. I came home and mapped it out and it was 2.46 miles. It was a really good walk in my opinion. I felt awesome and strong except at the last 1/10th. Well, I mentioned to my coworkers and they made me feel like I was crazy. Especially since I had my backpack(which was rather light that day).

So, am I crazy? I really enjoyed it and might do it once or more a week. My mom is supportive about it and encourages me to do it.
you are not crazy at all. I get to about the 1.5 mile mark and feel like I am gonna drop, but I know that will change and get higher the more I do it. I think it's awesome that you are able to walk that. I always feel great after a good workout.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #10  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

No you are not crazy. IT IS AWESOME and you need to give yourself some carrots....

There you go. Dont let other people make you question yourself. You are taking your life back and that includes exercise. 2.5 miles is awesome. I cant even walk 1.5 miles and my back is screaming......
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:07 AM   #11  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

You're not crazy! Walking is such a wonderful activity. I sometimes wish I lived closer to civilization so that I could walk places instead of always driving.

I personally go on 3+ mile walks on a regular basis when the weather's nice. I also went on a nice 12 mile hike this summer. That was wicked fun.
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #12  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Go you!

As long as it's safe for you, then I'd definitely walk it a couple of times a week. My work is about 6 kms from home, and I've walked it before - I find it's a great way to unwind.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:19 AM   #13  
Hooping my Life Away

I know. My mother said, "Do it. It's the perfect way to unwind and what not." I deal with alot of stress with my job and I think that's why my eye has been twitching. I've noticed since I did that walk, it's not been near as bad!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #14  
No description available.

Good for you, good for the environment. Plus, KY is so gorgeous in the fall!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #15  
Hooping my Life Away

I know when I ride the bus home, I guess with the sitting and waiting, my motivation to move crashes. Even though those times I barely want to walk the few blocks home, I could do the 2.4 miles home easily and not feel exhausted. I think it's cause it was a nice way to wind down and I'm not being lazy and sedentary.

Also, on my walk home, I think I saw someone I went to high school. Lol