Old 10-30-2007, 10:51 AM   #16  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Yesterday was a good, on plan day for me. Today isn't looking too good because I'm meeting a friend for lunch. I don't always do very well when I go out to lunch. Maybe if I could have a little discipline! I'm going to really try to be good!!

Last night was kind of fun. My 11 year old son finished up football a couple of weeks ago and his basketball doesn't start until January. So, we kind of have a lull here for awhile. My 13 year old daughter will be having her volleyball club tryouts in December. So, they both have time to wait for the next sport. I told them that they need to work hard and stay in shape. I came home last night and they both wanted to go to the park and work out. So I walked while they ran a couple of laps and then we shot some hoops and passed the volleyball back and forth. What fun! Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of daylight after work and that will cut our time short. I'll have to think of something to do with them.

Schmoodle - I hear you about getting tired of being hungry. I feel the same way. Some days are better than others, but wouldn't it be nice not to have to think about it all the time.

MJ - You are doing so well! Way to stay on track!

Rhonda - Hang tough, kiddo! You can get your mindset back in line like it was before. It is just a constant battle, isn't it!?

Cheryl - I have a box of steel cut oatmeal. I have never fixed it before. I have to try it!!

Sara - That sounds really good!

Rakel - Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Nicole - It's always fun hearing from you because your climate is just reversed from ours. How funny.

Have a great day!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi again! I am trying to resist the urge to snack right now, so I thought I would pop in here instead!

Diane--Great job yesterday! It sounds like you had a great time w/ your kids!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:42 PM   #18  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hey lovely ladies!

I am very sore today after my workout. I'd planned on taking today as a rest day - just walking, nothing else - so that works out being great timing really. Planning really is the key for me.

Rakel, photos huh. Looking forward to seeing them when you have the time to post them!

Sara, WTG you! You're doing really well!

Cheryl, at least it was healthy food you ate. It shouldn't do too much (if any) damage

Rhonda, make sure you stop if things start hurting again. You don't want to make things worse...

MJ, go you! Fantastic!

Schmoodle, here's hoping the pita keeps you satisfied.

Diane, great stuff with getting active with the kids. The different seasons are amusing at times. A couple of months ago when everyone was commenting on the heat, I was wearing several layers huddled next to the heater and wondering if anyone'd swap weather!

Take care everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:23 PM   #19  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

weekend went well, yesterday was great (although not much exercise) and today seems to be on track

br - had some cottage cheese, a pear, and a kashi bar

lu - leftover sliced chicken, brown rice with herbs, green beans, apple

dinner - gonna be 2/3 of a "crazy plates" all dressed pizza and big salad for about 600 cals and a diet coke! a big splurge so excited hehehehe

been doing ok on dessert stuff, satisfied with tea and 20 cal ginger snap, or maybe some lite jello
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:34 PM   #20  
mj5

Hi again! I am between meetings, so I thought I would pop in again!

Nicole--Good for you!!! I am feeling a little sore too--but it's that "I had a good workout" kind of sore, so I am NOT complaining!

Trazey--Thanks for the reminder about hot tea. Last winter I started drinking a cup of hot tea at night--sometimes w/ a little sweet treat. I agree, it is VERY satisfying...funny though, I never liked hot tea before I started doing that.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:25 AM   #21  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

good moring all.
Happy Halloween!!!
Today is My DD's birthday, we won't be having a cake until the weekend when her dad is back in town, but I bought her some oreo cupcakes, and hopefully I won't eat one. She also requested pizza for dinner, so I will be having tuna. It is a stressful day because of her birthday,, she wanting so many things, and not being able to do everything she wants is so stressful, she wants to go by a friends house to go trick or treating, but I don't know the area, and hate driving at night, our neighborhood is dark for halloween. But I will get through this today!!
I am going to exercise at 8 am, and not let myself down, oh yeh I lost 2 lbs, am not excited but am trying to let myself deserve it.
Bkfst will be........ steel cut oatmeal, banana, some honey in it.
lunch.... black bean burgers
dinner........ tuna
snacks. tlc bar, yogurt with fruit, pears!!
I will not allow stress to do me in today!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:15 AM   #22  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone.

Accountability time: I am really struggling to get my head straight and back on-plan. I really don't know what is wrong with me and I'm incredibly frustrated with myself. Last night, I lay in bed thinking about this for a long time and I've realized some things. I have been re-committing to this journey every morning, but I havent been dealing with the internal reasons why I let myself get so out-of-shape and heavy. I've been stuffing those feelings back down and ignoring them. But, now, they've raised their ugly heads and won't go away! What are my internal feelings and reasons? I'm not really sure. I know that I am extremely frustrated with my body. I finally got myself committed to exercising and was so very hopeful of becoming the strong healthy person I've dreamed of for so long. Now, my stupid knees have decided to give me problems when they never really bothered me much before I began working out. I catch myself doubting that I can really do this..that I will ever have the strength to actually get under 200 pounds. I start to panic at the thought of having to exercise and watch my eating for the rest of my life. I catch myself wondering,"what is the point? You're not young anymore and you missed your chance to be sexy." I really need to stop this roller coaster and get down to the business of great health and feeling good about myself. So, I went out and bought one of the study books from the First Place program and I will begin this study today. For those of you who are familiar with this program, First Place is a faith based weight loss program. Hopefully, I can get a handle on this weight loss thing and reach my goals. I'm not quitting until I figure this out.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-31-2007 at 08:15 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:59 AM   #23  
mj5

Good Morning! I made a last minute change to my workout yesterday...instead of going to the gym, I went home and took the dogs for a nice long, quick paced walk. I should have gone to the gym, then the walk, but with it getting dark so much earlier these days, I didn't want to miss out on the gorgeous fall weather! Tonight will probably be the same--I was only going to do cardio tonight at the gym and since the dogs will be cooped up in their kennels while the Trick or Treaters are out, I will walk them as my cardio.

Rhonda--I am sending you a big hug. You CAN do this! It is not too late--it's never too late to feel sexy as far as I am concerned. I know that you will continue to loose and get stronger. It will be a struggle, but we are all here to support you!

I have noticed (especially the last few nights) that even though I have a mini snack when I get home from the gym, I am eating way too much at dinner. Last night I was SO full. I need to make sure I am eating very healthy things at night and really pay attention to how much I am eating.

Gotta go get ready for our Halloween contest at work! Have a great day!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I did the Leslie Sansone 2 mile DVd today and sang to music the whole time! I saw something once that said breathing is very important and singing helps. I think it was a commercial for some Cardioke thing but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Boy, is it hard to do that. I think it made me sweat more
I'm still big enough where exercise really kicks my butt, so I tend to find ways to get out of doing it.

Now to do goal #2, water~

Last edited by heather_dw; 10-31-2007 at 10:56 AM.
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #25  

GirlyGirl... I commend you for being so honest with yourself. I battle with the same issues. The only thing that keeps me sane is that I have found a strategy for weight loss that I have adopted as a lifestyle instead of feeling like I am dieting and I have a weight loss coach to talk me down..... cause I am not one to deprive myself if I've had a bad day, under stress etc.....

I think you are on the right track with determining what is behind the need to eat. There is a book I heard about that deals with squelching that inner voice that sabatoges you. I'll have to try to find it for you.

Hang in there.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:02 PM   #26  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty81668 View Post
good moring all.
Happy Halloween!!!
Today is My DD's birthday, we won't be having a cake until the weekend when her dad is back in town, but I bought her some oreo cupcakes, and hopefully I won't eat one. She also requested pizza for dinner, so I will be having tuna. It is a stressful day because of her birthday,, she wanting so many things, and not being able to do everything she wants is so stressful, she wants to go by a friends house to go trick or treating, but I don't know the area, and hate driving at night, our neighborhood is dark for halloween. But I will get through this today!
Another Halloween baby huh? Today is my birthday too but I already did my partying. Yesterday my food was terrible. I ate 1600+ calories, and even when I was up to 1500 I still ate. I WAS RAVENOUS. Some days I just get hungry, hungry. And I "gained" another pound on the scale... *sigh* I'm hoping maybe I can discapline myself to eat only 1200 today and then for the rest of the week do about 1400 to 1500. Despite my weekend of indulgences for one reason or another I've only gained 3lbs. 3lbs is a lot, but I'm surprised that I did not gain more. Then again, I did exercise some restraint. I just don't know why I was so famished yesterday. I haven't really been like that since I started this.

Anyway, today we might get some wings, but for everything else I'm going to have huge salads, soup, and some fruit, and that should make for 1200 filling calories pretty easily as long as I'm not as hungry as I was yesterday. What's worse is that it's not even COLD here! Right now it's 76 degrees out with a drizzle, so no "burning more calories" excuse is going to work for me
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:06 PM   #27  
No description available.

Rhonda,
I know what you mean. The alarm went off this morning, and I had a vision of being in my 60s and getting up at the crack of dawn to exercise....it did not fill me with good feelings! The rest-of-my-life view can be overwhelming, and when it is, I focus on today.

I ran 3.3 miles this am.

I had 2 eggs, some pinto beans, a smattering of cheese, and some red chile for breakfast.

I'll have wasa crackers, laughing cow cheese, turkey and spinach for lunch.

Dinner will be turkey meatballs and green salad.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #28  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone!

I think I'm getting to like this exercise thing - even though yesterday was a day off the gym and pool I actually missed it a bit. It felt strange not to do something after work. In saying that, my body needed the break from it, so that's good.

I don't think I mentioned it yesterday, but the gym gave us pedometers. I'm not convinced they're accurate - I clocked over 11,000 steps yesterday without doing that much more than I'd normally do. Either that, or I walk more than I thought I did. With not driving I do walk a lot, but I'm not convinced that I'd walk 11,000 steps on a normal, non-gym day. Gym tonight which I'm looking forward to.

Tracey, you're doing well. Keep it up!

Cheryl, go you with the weight loss! Enjoy the birthday - don't let it stress you out if you can help it. Easier said than done, I know.

Rhonda, you've done so well to get this far, of course you can keep at it. I think it's perfectly normal to have these feelings of utter frustration and wondering whether we can do it - you've made major major changes to your life, after all. Of course you can do it! Just remember - we're here for you to rant to if you need to...

MJ, keep it up. Walking the dogs is great for them and for you!

Heather, keep up the good work! Good luck with the water intake!

Rakel, happy birthday! Enjoy your day!

Midwife, welcome! Yeah, the thought of exercising in my 60s doesn't do much for me, but in saying that, I want to make sure I live till I get there, so...

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:22 PM   #29  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Good morning everyone. Not a great food day for me yesterday, but I got out with the kids last night for some good exercise. It's fun. Today we are having a potluck and I brought veggies and dip. I wanted to make sure I had something I could try to fill up on instead of all the other stuff. I'm not feeling very disciplined, but I'm going to try to fake it again... until I make it.

Rhonda - Keep up the good work. I understand how you feel, but you have to really tell yourself that there isn't an option to this! It won't be good all the time and it won't be bad all the time. I don't know of a way to completely break the mindset problems. I still have them, and maybe it is a path that we need to go down every so often. But keep going. Go back to one day at a time, one meal at a time, one hour at a time. You can do this!!

Rakel - Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a good one.

Heather - I'm the same way. I am working on getting my water intake up. I was doing great with it and then I let it slip. Not sure why....

Midwife - That sounds really good for breakfast. Yum!

Have a great day, everyone.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #30  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I am being accountable today,
My daughter had cupcakes, I ate only the frosting off 2 cupcakes.. I guess that is something like 200 calories, so I should be ok, I threw the cupcakes away,,,. It was so good smelling couldn't resist. I will not beat myself up and I just put some squash and cauliflower in the oven for dinner, so I won't be tempted to eat pizza that the kids will eat. I can do better !!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote