Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 10:20 PM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default WALK THE WALK: GOAL SETTING 101 (very long)

Walk the Walk Goal Setting 101

With the start of the New Year and all I have seen many falter and stumble. I have been researching goal setting and the best way to get to stay focused on the goals. I may be a bit harsh here and I apologize now. If this seems too harsh then please do not read it further.

101 is going to focus on the setting of the goals

101- How Bad Do You Want It???

You need desire to achieve a goal. How bad do you want it?? You need to have an intense desire to achieve your goal it needs to consume your being to have the goal met. We are talking life-changing goals and this is going to take a heroic effort to achieve. The results will be well worth it with renewed health energy and self-achievement, but be prepared for very hard work and it will not happen over night.

So again how bad do you want it??? Ask your self right now. What are you willing to do???

Desire is part of the battle so I am going to focus this lesson on that only. If you have tried in the past (who hasn’t) and has failed (who hasn’t) have you tried to examine why??? What held you back? And the real answer is that you had the determination but not enough. You were distracted, and did not have the goals as one of the most important things to do. This is to be applied in business and personal life as well as the weight loss. Some thing came up in life to derail you and then you lost your focus and determination.

I am going to help you bring your determination to the front and your desire to the peak so this can be achieved. Your desire will become your passion. HHHMMM we all know we become machines when it comes to standing up for the kids. Their safety and security is our passion. So lets harness some of that passion and let us bring this to our goals of weight loss! You know, that passion that we have to get things done no matter what the odds. Let me add here that there will be times that life will take you away from this being a mojor focus and that is ok as long as you bring it back when the other things calm down.

Why do we need this passion?? What drives a great professional ball player? Passion. What drives anybody to greatness? Passion. Passion is an unstoppable force when it become what we do think and live everyday. It is a driving force in our lives. It dominates our action and thoughts. And it goes to say with weight loss we need something to dominate our thoughts away from the bad foods to good. We need something to dominate our thought off the couch on to the treadmill, gym, pool or sidewalk.

Desire and passion starts in the mind. We all know the mind is a powerful thing and many times just suggestions can be very powerful. We need to make our minds make this journey a constant thought in our brain so it will come second nature to us. How many times do we eat without thinking???

Thoughts travel through the brain through electronic impulses. The more a pathway is used the easier it will be to think it. And the more it will be second nature for you. Like paths in the road, the more it is used the smoother the path. That is what we need to try to do for our brain. Make this a well-used path. A habit. Then it will be easier to say OP.

How do we develop this passion for our weight loss journey??

Well write down all the benefits of our journey. Some of mine are:

Such as no jiggling when I walk.
Better fitting clothes
Feeling better
Less strain on the heart
Buy nice clothes
Well you got the picture now and you start yours.

Do not stop at 20 keep on going write down at least 30. That will solidify your desire. And keep that list handy. So when you start to stumble then you can pick your self up with the good look at this. When writing this make sure that you include all the changes that not only you will have but your family from the weight loss. Such as family hiking trips playing ball together. The more you write why this is a good thing the more it intensifies your desire and then it will become a passion.

Now go back and read this and add on to it as often as you need to and when you are feeling down rewrite them.

STEP 2 later this week

Last edited by nasus40; 01-15-2002 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-16-2002, 03:21 AM   #2  

What a wonderful post. Thank you for taking the time to research and post this. I'm writing my list right now.

Chelle
Old 01-16-2002, 10:11 PM   #3  
Keeping it simple...

Good stuff, Sue! Looking forward to the next one.

Kath
Old 01-17-2002, 05:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default Good swift kick...

As always, Sue, you hit the nail on the head. Thank you for taking the time to research and post that for us. I'll start my list too!

HUGS!

M'Chelle
Old 01-18-2002, 11:31 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am a bit held up on the next one. boy scouts stuff. this is the derby week and i volenteered more time that i can afford
Closed Thread