Old 10-19-2007, 01:43 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Magic Fairy is back again!!!

ok this time the little bugger is flying with her tiny wand, offering the following:

For every pound you lose, you can choose someone else to receive it! heheheh so someone who's been skinny can see what's it like?!?

It's for a year, so the person GETTING your pounds can't lose them til a year is up, just so they get a real taste of it

am i evil to think like this???? ha!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Honestly,
Wouldn't even think of granting someone extra lbs even for a moment let alone a year.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Not at all. I think it's the fantasy of everyone who ever thought "I wish they knew what it was like," whatever the "it" was. I've wished far worse than just fat on some of my doctors.

As I was growing up, my father woud always say to me, "you just have to eat less," as if it were the most simple thing in the world to do. He is a gentle, kind man so I didn't feel unloved, but I did feel there was something wrong with me that it wasn't that simple for me.

After he retired, the reduction in activity and an aging metabolism has given him the figure of an expectant mother with the baby due in a couple months. He's finally understanding, that there is no "just" in trying to lose weight. At first, Mom and I teased him with his own words, but it's been a hollow victory, because we want him to be able to lose his weight also. Unfortunately there is no magic fairy to rescind the curse, so I feel a little ashamed for my wish.

If I truly had the power to temporarily give some people a taste of their own medicine, I think it would be powerful motivation to lose weight faster so I could give it to some of my former tormentors.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:54 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Ummm, Osama Bin Laden. Hitler, if he were still alive. Rapists. Child molesters. Murderers, etc....

I wouldn't wish this on anyone other then criminals and the like. Even people who were cruel to me.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 10-20-2007 at 07:05 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #5  
Hi From Canada, eh?

YIKES LOL I think we'll dismantle this thread - it was intended in a light spirit of fun -- let's move on... i like the thanksgiving thread LOL mmmm turkey!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default OH come on...

...keep it going.

I'd want my sister to get my pounds!
She's always been the skinny one. She could eat everything in site and never gain. Even when she was pregnant she looked like a toothpick with an olive on it. She never even had to take out her belly button ring when she delivered.

I'd want her to know what the rest of the family felt like. ( at least for a little while)
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

I want to give my pounds to my ex husband. He always would make fun of me and tell our children jokes about me being fat. Once he took them into a gift shop and saw a little collector's spoon. It was a spoon with a big hole it in and said, "Dieter's Spoon." He laughed and said, "We need to get this for your mother." Yeah, he needs the pounds.

Lyn
TWENTY FIVE pounds gone!
My Blog:
www.escapefromobesity.blogspot.com
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

Lyn - awesome work on the 25 lbs GONE!! hhaha I hope they end up on your ex's be-hind! ergggh what kind of dude makes fun of his WIFE??? ergh
Old 10-19-2007, 07:52 PM   #9  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Excess pounds have caused me too much pain. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm fat, but I'm not vindictive. And I'm not cruel.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Maybe a year would be too cruel, but what about a week, a day, an hour, twenty minutes? I'm sure nearly all of us have or have had people in our life who would benefit from a little "mile in someone else's shoes" therapy. Who would THAT person be, and how long do you think it would take for the person to gain a little perspective. And Osama Ben Laden doesn't count, as I'm not sure 20 minutes of obesity would teach him much (maybe 20 minutes as a woman in the middle east might).

I think for me, it would have been my junior high gym teacher. I think she had have had special training in sadism.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #11  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Can we give them to people who are undernourished/starving? And can I take my 127 lbs and give 12.5 lbs of fat to 10 people who are dangerously underweight?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I've known a couple of people who a couple of dacades ago, loved to make fun of overweight people....it caught up with them!!!! Now some of the people they made fun of are losing it, and they're stuck with it!!!!
Have to admit, it makes me smile to think of it....
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:43 PM   #13  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

...ok, so it may sound a little twisted of me, but last night when I was killing myself on the dreadmill, I was actually telling myself, "You gotta keep going, so one day you can be the hott girl stealing other people's boyfriends."

Not seriously, but at 19, I've grown very accustomed to being passed over in favor of prettier, thinner girls, and just for once, it would be nice to be the one getting the attention, even if it's just for a minute.

All those people who ever teased me or made my life difficult...I don't necessarily wish I could put my weight onto them, but I just want to be able to prove them wrong one day.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrisaratops View Post
...ok, so it may sound a little twisted of me, but last night when I was killing myself on the dreadmill, I was actually telling myself, "You gotta keep going, so one day you can be the hott girl stealing other people's boyfriends."

Not seriously, but at 19, I've grown very accustomed to being passed over in favor of prettier, thinner girls, and just for once, it would be nice to be the one getting the attention, even if it's just for a minute.
All those people who ever teased me or made my life difficult...I don't necessarily wish I could put my weight onto them, but I just want to be able to prove them wrong one day.
You will get there, just keep on keepin' on

You know, I didn't lose weight for anyone but myself, but everytime I run into someone who belittled or ridiculed me about my weight, well, the majority are now overweight, and I can't help going, "Huh. Would ya look at that". One of life's stranger ironies, that's for sure. I don't wish ill on them or anything and our lives have nothing to do with eachother, but it always gives me pause.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:56 PM   #15  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Oh, I'm not losing for anyone but myself, either. It's just a nice perk, when I think about it.

I just want to be a healthier person, really. I want to get to live a full life, and not be held back because I'm too heavy.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote