3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   a "woman" question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/125171-woman-question.html)

tamaralynn 10-17-2007 09:43 AM

a "woman" question

Hello gals,

I have a quick question: when that time of month comes when you have your special "friend" visit you.... do you tend to gain a couple of pounds not lose it until after?

My "friend" isn't due to arrive until next week, and I have gained about 2 lbs over the past couple of days. I've been eating properly and doing my exercises, but it doesn't seem to want to go down.

Lifeguard 10-17-2007 09:49 AM

I always gain/retain just before & then see a good drop halfway through/after my period is done.

rockinrobin 10-17-2007 10:25 AM

I have found time and time again, month after month, that TOM, has ZERO affect on my weight. Although I know there are many others who DO see up to a water gain at this time.

If you've been stayiing on plan, I wouldn't be concerned. Any weight gain due directly to TOM is simply water retention, NOT fat, and will eventually subside. Our bodies fluctuate day to day constantly, regardless of TOM. Stick with your plan, be patient and try not to let the scale frustrate. Those pounds WILL come off.

Glory87 10-17-2007 10:34 AM

I gain between 3-4 lbs the week before my period. The extra weight is gone by the time the bleeding ends. I just don't weigh myself the week before my period anymore :).

wisher 10-17-2007 10:56 AM

It's really individual, for every story you'll hear about gaining during TOM you'll hear another one about losing.

Personally TOM doesn't affect me (other than emotionally) and I can continue to lose before and during. You'll just have to start paying attention and tracking it each month so in the future you know whether or not that gain is a true one.

Pita09 10-17-2007 11:16 AM

I always gain 3 to 5 and it's always gone by the end. It's very frustrating but something I've just learned to accept and ignore. It's also why I'm a big believer in monthly measurements because the scale and your body aren't always friendly territory. ;)

jennylou 10-17-2007 11:30 AM

I always gain a few and then lose it all again before she leaves.

tamaralynn 10-17-2007 11:46 AM

Kae 10-17-2007 02:03 PM

I usually gain our maintain before and during-- and then see a drop off afterward.

ChrissyBean 10-17-2007 04:14 PM

Yes, every month without fail. I just don't weigh the week before my period's due. It's mostly water retention but it bums me out.

Schmoodle 10-17-2007 04:19 PM

I don't gain, but I usually don't lose when I weigh in just before TOM. The next week, I have usually made up the difference. I also notice I have hungrier days the week before TOM. Maybe I should quit weighing too that week before. I don't let it bother me, but it's lots more fun the week after when the scale goes down 3 lbs. or so.

xJox 10-17-2007 05:39 PM

Yes. I do gain weight.