Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 02:54 PM   #1  
Keeping it simple...

Default Me too! Can I join? (newbie alert)

I’ve been lurking about for a couple of days now and think your board is terrific!

My name is Kathy, I’m 43, divorced (happily), and have no kids (although I have a dog and cat who think they are, and nieces and nephews I try to spoil every chance I get).

Favorite saying: “I’ll have fries with that.”
Favorite food: Yes.
(Needless to say, I have struggled with a weight problem for years.)

I’ve been an advertising copywriter for the high tech industry for a long time now, and, like many writers, secretly harbor a dream of getting a novel published one day. Just one tiny hitch, you’ve got to get the darn thing written first… rats!

I’m 5ft. 2in, am currently at 252 pounds (my highest was 270), and would very much like to get below 200. I’ll negotiate the next goal, if need be, after that. I’m not currently subscribing to any particular diet. I’m just trying to eat a little less, especially fried foods (see earlier reference to beloved French fries), and exercise more (I get zero now).

Anyway, that’s me. Look forward to sharing and getting to know all of you…

Tallyho!

Kath
Old 01-11-2002, 07:36 PM   #2  

Hi Kath! It's good to meet you! This is a great place for support! Please post often!

Nicole
251/229/150
Old 01-11-2002, 07:55 PM   #3  

Hi Kath, Welcome I am new also. It is nice to know that we are not alone on our jouney. It may take a while but with new friends and support on our side, I am sure we can do it.

Once upon a time I went to WW and lost 65 lbs. I was very proud of myself for that accomplishment and got way to cocky. Lo and behold 30 lbs just seemed to jump right up on my body and decided to stay for the duration.

Now I am trying to do it on my own. I am walking on the treadmill every morning and trying to watch what I eat. It sure is hard though. But I am going to take it one day at a time and I am not going to beat myself up over any little slip ups.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:38 AM   #4  
Keeping it simple...

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys! There's strength in numbers. We will do this!

Kath
Old 01-12-2002, 01:15 AM   #5  

hi Kathy!

I'm new too. It's good to know I'm not the only one with new aspirations in this new year!

Can't wait til we're all "old" here and have great success stories to share with the new ones.

Chelle
Old 01-12-2002, 05:42 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

Hi Kath ,
welcome.

I am marking a year here at this site , I do believe it is my anniversary soon. I have found this a great place to get and give support and have met some awesome people here.

Hope you do too
Old 01-12-2002, 09:09 AM   #7  

Welcome to the group. I'm new here too and can say that this is a very encouraging group of gals.

Carol
230/219/130
Old 01-13-2002, 10:06 AM   #8  

Smile newby 2

Hi everyone,
I hope I'm welcome too.I have been on WW for 13 months and have lost 62lbs. (hopefully more by Mon. weigh-in). I feel alot better about myself. I still want to loose at least 80 lbs. I hope I have a friend in this group...

344/282/200

Sue
Old 01-13-2002, 11:18 AM   #9  

Default Third Day

Hello All,

I'm on my third day OP and love reading everyone's post. It gives you a feeling of belonging to a wonderful cause! I would assume from the evidence that everyone like me needs to share your struggle or success with someone else that UNDERSTANDS. I've joined the Valentines day challange to loose 14 pounds by then. Good Luck to all of you.

Thimble
Old 01-13-2002, 11:59 AM   #10  
Keeping it simple...

Thanks everyone for the welcome! And Sue... welcome to you. And big congrats on your 62 lb lost! That is fantastic!!!

Kath
Old 01-13-2002, 09:35 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I guess I am "OLD" I have been here a year and half making the journey slow but steady. So welcome girls all of you and hang tight we sure do have some fun here!!1
Closed Thread