3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Caloric WAKE-UP Call! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/125056-caloric-wake-up-call.html)

Kae 10-15-2007 03:24 PM

Caloric WAKE-UP Call!

I know I have been slacking on my weightloss efforts the past couple of months. I have been hovering around the same 12 pounds.. between 250-238 for some time now.

I know that I am successful when I plan things out. So today, in an effort to get back on track, I opened up my FitDay and Food Journal and started listing the foods I have already consumed today.

OMG!! IT'S ONLY LUNCH TIME AND I HAVE ALREADY HAD OVER 2200 CALORIES!!!

I know I was eating a lot but I had no idea my calorie intake was that high. It's no wonder I haven't lost any weight.

hellokitty81668 10-15-2007 03:25 PM

hi!
2200 calories by lunch will not help weight loss.
Maybe you can post what you ate, and we can suggest things?
good luck with this. cheryl

phantastica 10-15-2007 03:34 PM

Yah, maybe it's a good idea to start measuring out portions. I find that when I "eyeball" a cup of something, it's often more like a cup and a half.

rockinrobin 10-15-2007 03:37 PM

Fitday - quite the eye opener. It sounds though as it was just the wake up call that you needed. When you know better - you do better, and now you know. Good luck taking it from there. Any help you need, we're here for you. :)

Kae 10-15-2007 03:38 PM

Ok- so far today...

1 little can mandarin oranges
1 celery stick
1 buffalo wing w/ blue cheese dressing (boss brought 'em in)
1 snack size bag of Dutch Crunch BBQ chips
1/4 gallon Arizona Green Tea w. Ginseng and Honey
1- 6" Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Sub - Subway
1- 6" Turkey and Ham Sub- Subway

I think it was the huge lunch that did me in. I don't have groceries at home right now tend to buy lunch often.

Prissiroo 10-15-2007 03:44 PM

I know what you mean - since I am doing WW and becoming more aware of labels, I can't believe how much I was consuming in one day! Maybe this was just the wakeup call you needed!

PeggyP 10-15-2007 04:11 PM

I love to go to Subway for lunch. Because of the diet that I'm on, I'm trying not to eat too much bread (it's bad for me, personally, because if I have it...I want MORE!!!). I don't want to totally deprive myself, so I noticed that Subway allows you to have your favorite sandwich as a salad for just $1 more! I have my dressing on the side and just dip my fork in it instead of putting it all over the salad. I use a lot less dressing, and it saves on a lot of calories. Oh, also...do you drink the diet green tea? Check how many grams of sugar are in it. You may be surprised.
I figure every little bit helps!! Best wishes on your new lifestyle! You can do it!!!

Robin41 10-15-2007 04:20 PM

Well that would be a bit of a wake-up call. Now where's the nice healthy breakfast that would have started off the day on the right track? A can of mandarin oranges isn't going to cut it.

LaurieDawn 10-15-2007 04:45 PM

Not much to add to the good advice already offered. Just wanted to say that I missed your posts, Kae, and it's great to have you back! Good job deciding to be accountable for your food intake. I know you'll conquer this!

Kae 10-15-2007 04:53 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses!

hellokitty81668 10-15-2007 05:12 PM

Hi again,
Where are the fresh fruits and veggies? healthy breakfast?
1 celery stick is not veggies. It is a nibble
Buffulo wings, blue cheese dressing and bbq chips probably did it, and 2 sandwiches too. I think if you started with a healthy bkfst you wouldn't be so hungry later on.. I know you can find what is right for you!!!
cheryl

xJox 10-15-2007 07:17 PM

I dont even want to begin to think of how many calories I was consuming in a day before I started this journey. Im sure it was WAY up there!!! You can do this. Tomorrow is a new day, get up, eat a good breakfast, get those fruits and veggies in, take you a sand for lunch... maybe turkey or chicken breast on wheat (tomato and onion in a baggie) to add on. Lite may or mustard. Good luck!

SuchAPrettyFace 10-15-2007 07:39 PM

Does the tea have calories?

PeggyP 10-15-2007 08:02 PM

Hi again!
I was looking at the tea....
My husband loves Arizona Sweet Tea. I don't drink the stuff. I checked on the label:
23 grams of sugar (almost 5 tsp)
90 calories ..................PER 8 OZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!
I realize the tea you drink may have honey in it...but I'd check on how many grams of sugar is in it....sugar is sugar (although honey is more nutrittional than white sugar). It will still raise your blood sugar level, which may affect appetite, cravings, etc.
Just a thought..............

Shy Moment 10-15-2007 08:38 PM

I drink Lipton tea in a bottle. Use to drink the sweetened kind. Now I mix one bottle of sweetened ( not the extra sweet ) and one bottle of unsweetened. This means 16 oz of tea is 16 carbs. I have two of these a day. Works for me. Might help you start getting the carbs down. I figure in another month or two will do without the sweetened tea all together. Little changes add up.