Old 10-21-2007, 06:39 AM   #1  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

Red face I am still here....

Hi Ladies,

I have been a member of this forum on and off for almost 2 years. I get started and fall off and get started and fall off....etc etc.

You get the picture....right?

I was trying to get my life together this summer with exercise and healthy eating when I was struck down so to speak with a mysterious baterial infection that settled in my kidneys which is resistant to most anti-biotics. I ended up in the hospital and in bed for a little over 4 and half weeks in July and part of August. (thank goodness I am teacher and we generally have summers off)

I returned back here to Seoul to have the same infection rear its ugly head again...( I guess it never totally went away.) I was down again for a little over three weeks...same infection in my urinary tract (but this time it did not make it to my kidneys). It was less severe this time.

You know what........I blame my eating habits on it all. I truly do because you see. I think the lack of eating healthy and the lack of staying away from junk has done it's worst to me. I have to watch everything now. I believe eating yogurt, fiber and cranberry juice everyday will ward off another episode. If it happens again the urologist is going to preform some other tests which sounded pretty bad to see why this is happening. I think if I eat the yogurt I will build up good bacteria all the anti biotics have killed off along with the e coli bacteria that caused everything in the first place. The urologist has told me to drink 8 ozs of cranberry everyday or take the tablets because he said there is a lot of evidence that this works. As far as the fiber?? Well we all know what it does.

I decided to pick myself up, dust off and move on this new lifestyle one more time......I have read many success stories here and have watched people who have reached goals. I am in awe of some many of the success stories. I would love to be one......

When I return from my business trip on Tuesday night I am going to the grocery store and shopping for the YOU on a diet plan. I like the WOE it talks about and following that along with watching calories should be a good start. I also want to do 30 minutes of walking each day. My ticker shows my new starting weight which is the highest I have been in five years. It's all me in the past...not the food, not the boyfriend, not the etc etc etc.....

Just me and not allowing myself to adopt something better for myself and allowing laziness to be the control in my life.

One more time...wish me luck!

Last edited by DollyR; 10-21-2007 at 06:40 AM.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 06:51 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good to see you! What an ordeal you've been through. I'm glad that the worst is behind you and I hope you never, ever experience anything like that again.

Sounds like you are ready to tackle your weight issues now. You on a Diet is a wonderful plan. Many very successful people follow many of those principles. I don't follow them to a T, but there are many, many similarities to that plan and what I do. It's a very sensible, reasonable approach. And one that is certainly doable for a lifetime.

Stick with it. It will become habit for you. You CAN change things around. I know it for sure. There is no reason on earth that you can't be one of the many, many people who reach their "goal". No reason AT ALL. Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Water, water, water! As someone who has had a few problems with my kidneys, I can't stress this enough. Not just the cranberry juice--water water water! An 8-oz. glass every hour you're up. Put ice, put lemon or lime, whatever, but drink it!

Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:15 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Welcome back, DollyR!!! You are doing it for the RIGHT reasons this time!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:42 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back, Darlene! I'm so glad you decided to come back and join us on this journey. I look forward to watching you meet your goals.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #6  
DollyR

I drink almost all water all day besides the 8 oz cranberry juice. I drink maybe one diet coke or two a week. The only other beverages I have are 1/2 and 1/2 coffee (mean 1/2 caffiene and 1/2 decaf) each morning and a glass of red wine or a light beer maybe every two weeks. I changed this when I moved to Korea ....not sure why it is just something I did. I love water and I drink at least 8 8oz glasses a day.

I go through 2-5 gallon bottles every two weeks.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:23 PM   #7  
DollyR

Thanks Ladies for the welcome back.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back, Darlene! So cool to have someone posting from Seoul. Looking forward to watching you succeed and inspire others to succeed as well!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote