Old 10-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Wow Sandi, I can feel the emotion of your post. And I can so relate to what you're feeling...I don't know exactly why everything clicked for me this year, but I lived through decades of the feelings you are describing. And, like everyone else has already said, I have to protest that you are a positive person and a ray of sunshine - your posts here have always shown it, and you just need to turn a little of that positive energy inward.
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I've never really seen a list of reasons to lose weight that touched my personal situation as closely as yours. Thank you, honestly and truly. I needed that. I needed to realize I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I'm glad I joined this site. Just being able to commiserate and cheer on people so much like me realizes that, well, yes....it is possible and I can do it.
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #18  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

All I can say is.....me too.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I could have written that myself 2 years ago. I know where you are. I was her. I'm not any more. I want to watch you reclaim your life!!

And I agree with the others about your sparkle!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Thank you so much for posting this. Ive felt every one of these things!!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 AM   #21  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

i think this post touched all of us in one way or another .... sometimes its hard to admit the truth of the reason why were losing weight ...... you can do it .... you yourself listed all the motivations for doing it ! run after it because you have all the right reasons ..... you CAN DO IT , dont let another day pass you by without starting somekind of fitness routine ...... when you step on to the scale and see even 1 pound lost .... it makes you smile use those little things as the incentives to keep you going .... with some hard work and determination evreything is possible
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 AM   #22  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

WOW! It is amazing that all of us who come from different walks of life and different areas of the world are really not so different after all!!

Sandy, you are going to make it. I have no doubt about it!! Your determination coupled with your wisdom is going to see you through!

Thank you for posting what I (maybe all of us) really wanted to say but didn't have the fortitude to really admit.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #23  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I completely understand this post, as I have many of the same reasons myself. We'll get there!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 AM   #24  
No description available.

Sandi,

I know you can do this. I know it. You will find you way through this.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #25  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Thanks so much you guys. Your responses brought tears to my eyes. You make me feel so special, so needed and so worthwhile. This really is the best place for support ever!

A few of you said I wasn't a failure, I thought "I never said I was a failure", and I had to go back and read what I said and sure enough, that's what I said. It's funny that sometimes we don't even hear ourselves. I think I have some negative internal dialog that I am not aware of. I am going to try and become more aware of my internal dialog so I can turn it around.

As I was reading different posts yesterday, I realized that I need to find a way to make this the most important thing in my life. So I started my list. I printed it off, laminated it and hung it on my fridge. I have one here at work too.

Today is NOT a good day to start again.
1. I have a cold
2. Sunday is Jacob's Birthday party
3. All next week I am on vacation with my foodie husband.
4. Next week we are going to covered bridge

But I am a logical person and when faced with a decision, I usually make a pros and cons list. Looks like there are 29 items on my pros list and only 4 on my cons, so that's that.

Plus, TOO DAMN BAD! There will never be a good time or day to start this. This needs to be for life and there will always be another vacation, holiday, celebration or illness. I cannot and will not wait.

I am starting on a WEDNESDAY...today...at 343.8 lbs. That's a new high for me. I have had a lot of new highs this year.

I have all the tools I need to have a successful journey, I just need to start (today) and be consistent. I think I will start chiming in on the "one reason" thread daily. Maybe that will help me be more consistent.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM   #26  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

That´s great Sandi. START TODAY. It´s what it says on my desktop and on the wallpaper of my cell phone since sometimes I feel like I always have to start again.

We are here for you, so even you are extra busy, start today!

Good luck!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #27  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Sandi - I was so touched by your list. I actually don't know what else to say because what you wrote says so much.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:54 AM   #28  
No description available.

Dear dear Sandi,

I will share my personal rule with you. I allow myself one "reason" to not do something. Anything over that and they are labelled excuses.

This may sound wierd to everyone else. I can respect a reason, and overcome a reason. A list of reasons to NOT do something is way overwhelming, so that's why I then label them excuses.

How many on your list of 4 are valid reasons, and how many might be excuses? This kind of self evaluation always helps me kick excuses in the teeth and recognize them for what they are.

So (by my rule!) you may have one valid reason to procrastinate....the rest are excuses. Ignore the excuses, evaluate the single reason you might procrastinate, and find a way around it.

Blast those excuses out of your psyche. Don't give them any power over you. Don't let them nag at you.

I am very proud of you!

And good luck!!!!

Last edited by midwife; 10-10-2007 at 11:57 AM.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:55 AM   #29  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Good luck Sandi! You can do it!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #30  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Another one saying, YES, I relate, I am crying and touched and inspired and I love the courage it takes for you to share it with us. You're amazing!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote