Old 09-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #1  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

Default Kashi!!

Wow, doesn't everyone love this stuff? I have seen just about everyone mention that they use something from Kashi in their daily nutrition plans. I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone have any nutrition info on the pizzas? They don't have them at my grocery but they do have them at one way across town so before I go all the way over there to check them out I thought I would ask if anyone knows if they are reasonable in calories and nutrition. Also, are they tasty? They look delicious in the pics on the back of the cereal box.

2. Has anyone tried to do a homemade version of the cereal? It's kinda expensive here and I read the box and everything is pretty readily available at the health food store. Maybe I will give it a try.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #2  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I am addicted to Kashi microwave meals!!! They are truly filling, low calorie, and each has about 23g of protein! Plus, they are really yummy. My favorite is their Southwestern Chicken.

Their waffles, with fresh cut strawberries and no sugar syrup. YUM!

Go lean with low fat chocolate soy milk! Not rabbit food at all!

My Mom is bringing me the waffles this November. I can`t wait!

Here`s the nutrition information:

http://www.kashi.com/products/kashi_..._cheese_tomato

I haven`t tried them, but they don`t look to be that good for you.

Last edited by Eves; 09-29-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #3  

I like the pasta chicken pomadoro --- or whatever they call it, LOL, I like to put fresh spinach in it and a little LF feta cheese. YUM!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

the golean crunch is my favourite, sprinkled on top of yogurt & bananas! yummmy!

the pizzas aren't super great for dieting -- much better than normal pizza of course! There's a great brand here in canada, i'm sure it's around in the states?? called "Crazy Plates" their pizza with pepperoni & italian sausage (i'm NOT even kidding!) is to die for - i like it BETTER than real pizza! the crush is this flaky layered whole wheat thingie and the sauce is spicy without being overpowering ! yum
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #5  
FatCat

Yup, I passed on the pizzas. Those things are TINY and 1/3 would never be enough to satisfy that "thing" in me that wants to put lots of food in my mouth. I just know I wouldn't be able to eat 1/3 and leave the rest. I did buy a garlic chicken thin crust pizza by California Pizza Kitchen that has 290 calories for 1/3 but the pizza is HUGE. I won't have it this weekend though because my kids aren't home! I have to wait until Monday so they can eat the other 2/3 and i can pad mine out with a little salad.

I picked up some Kashi waffles today, wow those look tasty. And just as I was worrying about the cereal being too expensive (single mom of 2 here) I found that my grocery has a generic version for less than 1/2 the price. I checked the labels and they seem identical. It's called "Crunchy Stay Thin" or something like that.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:57 PM   #6  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

The golean crunch is higher in calories and has more fat than cheerios and is abotu a buck more. Why buy it?
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:20 PM   #7  
FatCat

Because I don't like cheerios. I just read the labels very carefully and measure.. the one I have is the Kashi honey almond flax and it is 200 calories for a cup. I find a cup is too much to eat so I use 1/2 cup at a time. 100 calories, it takes a long time to chew, its sweet and flavorful. I just don't care for cheerios I could eat 300 calories worth of them and still not be satisfied.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #8  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

Well, that makes perfect sense! I have the honey almond flax here. I didn't bother to read the lable because everyone was talking about it on here and I was soooo surprised when I compared the lable to that of the box of cheerios I bought as well.

It was okay, but I think I can take a bot of puffed wheat, some almonds and some homemade granola and make it here at the house for alot less than I can at the store and probably even with less calories.

I love cornflakes, I could eat an entire box at a single setting if I let myself. I liek Cheerios too, so I guess it is all in the tastebuds.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:23 PM   #9  
FatCat

BTW Kati, where did you build your virtual model?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I enjoy Kashi Go Lean--it's higher in protein than most cereals. The abuse potential for the Crunch is too high for me so I just stick with the regular stuff. Trader Joe's has it for $2.89 a box, which is at least $1.00 less than other stores.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #11  
FatCat

We don't have Trader Joe's here in South Dakota. Kashi is about $5 a box here!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 PM   #12  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
I buy Kashi Go lean crunch at Sam's , a big box for $7 ? I also buy a box of TLC granola bars for $7. I have tried their frozen meals, and didn't care for them, and like was said in another post, the pizza has too much calories for such a small serving. I also like Kashi's instant oatmeal, and their website was given away free snacks, I got sent a single serving of their oatmeal - chocolate cookie, ooh it is sooo yummy, but one little cookie is 130 calories, too much for me, and too much of a temptation to have in the house. But I do love Kashi .
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #13  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Funny I should find this post...I just bought my first box of Go Lean today after hearing everyone talk about it on other posts. I'll have to give my review in the morning, after I have a bowl for breakfast.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 09:44 PM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I don't care what it costs - when i think of the money i threw away on junk without a thought I never scrimp on what i want that's healthy

the golean crunch has a lot of protein in it, and i need that in the mornings for sure. It's tasty enough that I'll eat it, but not so tasty that i'd overdo it at all. cheerios are fine but i'm starving again 1/2 hour later LOL the golean stuff just makes me feel full til lunch, that's why i like it ~ a serving is 1 cup but that's way too much.

Another one that's fun (and if you're not watching sugars super close) is the Kellogg's TURBOZ! it has tony the tiger on the front hahaha and it's a meal replacement, in that it has 7g. protein, some fibre, etc., and only 150 cals for 1 & 1/3 cup - it's fun to have in a baggie at work for a sweet-ish snack!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:10 AM   #15  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

marseille, I got it from landsend virtual model. I made three fo them then used paint to put them together.