I can not believe it....

• OK!!!!!!! I am totally freaking out. I went to bob evans and I admit that I didnt do as good as I could have.

I had 2 overeasy eggs, 2 biscuits, and homefries. I calculated the calories when I got home. 1016 calories..... I thought that it was going to be alot but that is crazy. I felt disgusted. At the fact that I let myself stuff my face with all those calories and that I didnt make better decisions.

I feel sick..... not physically but mentally. I am so mad at myself. But I did go for a walk after and I walked 1.25 miles. But that MAYBE at best took off maybe 200 calories. But I am going to the Y with my husband after he gets home from work. So I am going to work my butt off.

The most frusterating thing is that I did good for breakfast. I had a bowl of oatmeal, a banana, and an iced coffee with splenda. That was about 250 calories. So now I have about 300 calories left to eat. Yeah that isnt going to happen unless I eat a carrot for dinner.

i am just going to do better the rest of the day. And learn from my mistakes. Ok. So I had 1000 for lunch but I am not going to let that ruin the rest of my day. I am going to make a sensible dinner and eat ALOT of veggies for dinner. And a little fish or chicken.... and from now on I am going to plan before I go out to eat.
  • I know how you feel last Sunday I ate some bizarre mixture of too much food/too many calories absolutely mindlessly....Unfortunately I feel another one of those coming on and I'm trying to keep it away.
  • One of the things about making a lifestyle change that can be tiring is that we ALWAYS have to be focused, vigilant and plan ahead. There's no room for impulsiveness!

You know how to do this. You just need to follow through, like we all do. Another thing that sucks is it's more expensive to order healthier options. You could have had a fruit plate, plain toast and sliced tomatoes or steamed veggies but that would have cost more than what you got!

Just plan accordingly! Oh, and you could have 7 CUPS of raw carrots for 300 calories, not just a single carrot!
  • C'mon now. Its one meal and water under the bridge. Been there...done that!

Good for you for figuring out the calorie content so next time you will know and maybe make different choices....or not. Sometimes we veer off plan and as long as you get back on you will do just fine.

You can have a TON of roasted veggies and some chicken for dinner. Even if you go over a bit for the day. Better to be 100 or so cals over than 1000 or more over for letting it take you down.

Hang in there!!
  • OK, so you made a decision you'd rather not make. You're already looking at it in EXACTLY the right way..."Ooops. Oh well. Back on plan".

Just continue as you have been. Remember, it wasn't ONE MEAL that made you gain weight...it was the cumulative effect of many, many bad food choices. Everyone makes a poor choice now and then - it is just a part of being human. What distinguishes those who lose and maintain, in my experience, is the simple act of saying "Wow. That wasn't the best thing I could have done. I'm going to learn from it and get right back into my regular plan". And it sounds like that is exactly what you're doing, so consider this a mostly-victory and move right along.

for your healthy attitude!
  • I admire that you came home and took responsibility for what you ate. You counted up the calories. GOOD FOR YOU!! Was it what you wanted, no, but you owned up. I think that's a huge step. Next time . . . maybe you'll think back to this and make different choices.
  • Good for you Right back on the horse.

I had a similar experience at a Panera that nearly made me faint. Had what I wanted figuring I'd get the points later. Yeah... 22 points later! Did the same thing though. Sucked it up, wrote it down and went on with the day.

I'm glad you're moving along, too. And yeah, it's a lesson we all learn (occcasionally several times over) Plan ahead! ^^
  • I like what ggmugsy had to say. Yeah, you counted up the cals. That was the right thing to do!

I had a few of those mind-blowing experiences, where I didn't realize just how many calories were in what I ate. I think it's pretty common when someone isn't used to wondering... hmmm... how many calories in that? But all it takes is one or two of those slaps alongside the head to understand the reality of life! That's right! a thousand calories, just like that!

And, take heart--as someone else said, you really can have quite a bit of food for 300 calories. If nothing else, most Lean Cuisine meals are under that, and if you add a salad or some green beans, you'll feel full as well.

Tomorrow is another day! Lesson learned!

Jay
  • Hi,
    For just one day, don't freak out, tomorrow is a new and better day!!
    cheryl
  • I worked out today. So I hope that it helped a bit. I did 1.25 miles at the park after my "meal" and then tonight I went to the YMCA and did another mile. I know I didnt burn 1000 calories but Im hoping that I burned a couple hundred.

I ended up having to throw away the salad that I had. The spinach was slimmy. I guess I hadnt realized how long it was in there.

So I ended up having some barilla plus pasta with some shrimp and olive oil.
    I know that it isn't that low in points but I figured that it was better than some other stuff that I could eat.
  • Isn't it just frightening how many calories you can consume without knowing it? Bisquits are terrible. I try to pretend they don't exist anymore because deep down I really love them. My mom makes awesome bisquits and gravy for breakfast when we're at her house. I mean just incredible. But I have my gravy on toast. I enjoy the heck out of it - who eats gravy when they're counting calories??? But leaving those bisquits alone cuts the calories in half.

You learned your lesson. Life goes on!
  • Oh yeah.. Ive been there this weekend. I gained 3 lbs in 2 days!
  • I have decided that the good thing about eating out and eating too much is : 1. Tomorrow I can do better
    2. If I am dead tomorrow, who cares?
    Life goes on!
  • OH *groan* I am so there with you. My boss brought eggs, ham, fried potatoes, and biscuits to work today. I haven't eaten white bread or white potatoes in a month, but do you think I could just walk past them?? Nooo.... I had to have a big ol' scoop of taters and a biscuit with jam. Then, as if I hadn't done enough, I had a leftover biscuit with my BocaBurger for lunch. I did skip my usual Kashi and yogurt to try and make up for it.. but I am sure it didn't make a dent. How many cals are in a baking powder biscuit anyway?