Old 10-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #46  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokitty81668 View Post
Tonight I made my own version of vegetarian pasta e fagioli( pasta and beans). It is just lots of veggies, vegetarian soup base, white cannelini( spelling?) beans , and pasta..
Here is how I made it...
I sweated some chopped onion ( 3/4 of a medium onion) , 1/4 cup of pepper, 3 carrots chopped , 3 celery stalks chopped, after a while when the water was almost gone I added 1 tsp of olive oil and continued to cook it for 3-5 minutes more, added 2 chopped garlic cloves ,and cooked for 1 more minute. then I added a box of veg. broth, a can of organic diced tomatoes, 2 cans of cannelini beans, and some chopped spinach, and let cook, while this is cooking I added salt, italian seasoning and red pepper flakes, after 15 minutes or so, I added 6-8 oz of pasta, and let cook until done. It taste wonderful. I will be eating a small bowl for dinner, usually I add shredded cheese and eat with some type of bread.
cheryl
Pasta e fagioli is always vegetarian. It's peasant food, and used to be served the day before payday. You knew when it was served that's all you were getting.

Here is my recipe:

1 can diced no salt added tomatoes
1 can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 pound ditalini pasta, cooked
2 crushed garlic cloves
1-2 tsp olive oil

Heat oil in saucepan, crush garlic cloves & peel off paper. saute garlic cloves until they are lightly browned & fish out. Add beans & tomatoes, cook for 5 min. Add hot pasta, cook for another 5 minutes. Done.

I gotta say though I LOVE your idea about the spinach & especially the red pepper flakes. YUM.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 10-10-2007 at 10:54 PM. Reason: you have to rinse the beans!!!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:17 AM   #47  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

omg i had the most gorgeous salad for dinner, i know i know, we eat a million salads the thrill is gone LOL but this had such crisp spring mix, luscious and vibrant colours of veggies and a plump juicy chicken breast cut up on top, and a nice multi-grain roll it was absolutely gorgeous! i wanted to cry for the poor dumb girl who was satisfied with eating a crappy cheeseburger from mcdonalds
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #48  

Crockpot Ham and Potatoes

2 cups diced extra-lean ham
4 cups diced raw potatoes
1 cup chopped onions
3/4 cup shredded reduced fat extra sharp cheddar cheese
1-10 3/4oz can of Healthy Request Cream of Celery Soup
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp yellow mustard

Spray crockpot with butter flavored cooking spray. Combine ham, potatoes and onions and spoon into pot. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top. In a small bowl, combine soup, pepper, parsley and mustard. Add soup mixture to potato mixture. Mix well. Cover and cook on low for 8hrs. Mix well before serving.

Makes 6 1-cup servings.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:12 AM   #49  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

[QUOTE=SuchAPrettyFace;1888679]Pasta e fagioli is always vegetarian. It's peasant food, and used to be served the day before payday. You knew when it was served that's all you were getting.

Such a pretty face, Pasta e fagioli is traditionally made with a beef/ sometimes chicken stock , now some people add beef or pork to it, so be careful when you order it out that if you are a vegetarian , it doesn't contain animal stock. cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM   #50  

Tonight is my son's birthday. He has chosen pizza for his birthday dinner and we are going to this pizzaria that has the most amazing 1) pizza and 2) garlic yeast rolls dripping in olive oil and garlic. This will NOT be a good day for my diet. More like diet day from ****. So for breakfast I had oatmeal with a tad of fat free evaporated milk. I am having only veggies for a snack. Lunch is the WW taco soup that I had stashed in the freezer for days like this.

Dinner? I will eat a HUGE salad before we go and pray I can maintain reasonable portion control.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #51  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Pasta e fagioli is traditionally made with a beef/ sometimes chicken stock , now some people add beef or pork to it, so be careful when you order it out that if you are a vegetarian , it doesn't contain animal stock. cheryl
Yes, Pasta e fagioli has been offered to me at many Italian eateries and it had animal broths in it That's NOT vegetarian!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #52  
hara hachi bu

katmeow, that sounds awesome! I have all those ingredients at home and I'm going to try it.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #53  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Such a pretty face, Pasta e fagioli is traditionally made with a beef/ sometimes chicken stock , now some people add beef or pork to it, so be careful when you order it out that if you are a vegetarian , it doesn't contain animal stock. cheryl
Oooooh, that is scary!!! We never made it with meat broth in our family, just the juice from the tomatoes. I will have to keep that in mind for restaurants.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 PM   #54  

phantastica.... it IS awesome. Even my picky eater boys gobble it up! We have it at least once a month.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #55  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Tonight will be for me:

Pasta with roasted red peppers and a smidge of grated parmesean cheese.

Maybe a few roasted potatoes simply cause I can't make them and not eat at least a tiny portion, they are so yummy!

Tonight for the boys will be:

pinto beans, cornbread, roasted potatoes instead of fried. They think they are so mistreated when this meal doesnt involve meat. But as a kid we never had meat with the beans and cornbread meal, cause you just dont need it!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #56  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Oh....and my after supper snack will be: two sorbet pops, like 45 calories each and no fat. Scrumptius---but I could eat like 6 in a row
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:26 PM   #57  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Basa (fish) aparagus and salad.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:04 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Roasted vegetable soup. (my own concoction) I roast HUGE pans of fresh vegies (carrots, onion, garlic, kale, squash (winter and summer), beets, parsnips, turnips, broccoli, cauliflower - whatever you like!) then I throw it in the cuisinart with some chicken broth and pulse till smooth. YUMMMM!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #59  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I am making the family a central american style Beef soup...
I will be cooking Salmon in the oven, with some type of veggie.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #60  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I love this thread. About this time of morning I have make sure the downstairs is cleaned. Breakfast dishes are done and I now can sit at the computer and have my bottle of tea ( doing really well the tea is now only 1/2 the carbs because i mix half a bottle with tea I make myself ). I start to think about dinner.

Today is Friday that means it is chicken day. Going to read thru the posts and see what dinner is going to be since I really have nothing in my head I want to make.

Think it is going to be nice big salad with chicken breasts cut up and put in the salad. Everyone loves it and it is easy. Daughter will probably have left over rice and green beans with her chicken since she can't have the lettuce.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-12-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote