Old 10-07-2007, 12:33 PM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving (well, tomorrow!) to all my fellow Canucks!

I've been ridiculously strict all week so i can indulge in my favourite turkey dinner with all the trimmings...with only a twinge of guilt

I hate pumpkin pie so at least no dessert hehehe

Happy TUrkey day
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Happy thanksgiving! Have a great dinner!

Our meal is tonight, so I'm hoping to not totally give in to the urge to eat everything and a lot of it. I'm making a bunch of different veggies and hoping to fill my plate with those and not notice (hah!!) that I'm missing sausage stuffing (I know if I have a bit I can't stop) and that I only have a slice of turkey. But if I have a bit extra, I'm okay with that since I did make a dessert I hate so I know that won't be a temptation. As long as I don't give in to the stuffing urge...
clumsy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I'm having a big salad made of lettuce and veggies before I go to my sister's house, and then I'm sticking with a reasonable portion of food and one small slice of dessert. I'm going to focus on the people that I'm with and the conversations that I'm having, instead of on the food.

just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/155/145

Height: 5'6"

That's a great idea. I'm going to try and do that, too. It's so easy to forget that the holidays are about being with people and not just the food. Thank you!!!
clumsy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating it!

I remember last year on Thanksgiving, I was about 2 1/2 months into my journey and hadn't strayed from my plan even one little bit. So I actually planned to indulge a little come Turkey day. We went to my mom's house. I brought a couple of very healthy salads, but I was all ready to eat some of the "other" not so healthy stuff as well. And I don't know what it was, but Moms food was not up to it's usual yummy self and after only a bite or 2 of the unhealthy stuff, I decided I would rather have a nice weigh in come Monday morning and therefore just stuck to the salads that I brought and some turkey breast. And that's exactly what happened.

Trazey, I've also done what you are doing, stayed real strict all week long, even a little under in calories and then I was able to eat a little something extra come a special meal. ENJOY!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

clumsy68 - no problem BTW, congratulations on your weightloss!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #7  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Happy Thanksgiving to our sisters to the North!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #8  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

wow am i full full and happy It only took ONE plate instead of the usual 2, and no dessert! and I am completely and utterly satiated LOL

I can't get behind ANY way of eating that bans Mom's thanksgiving dinner. A nice yummy (normal-sized) plate of it was so worth it
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote