Old 10-16-2007, 06:34 AM   #106  
Simply Filling Technique

Thumbs up

My NSV(now that I know what that stood for) recently is several things:
1)staying on a diet longer than two weeks--it's six weeks now with 15 lbs lost
2)working out 6 days a week during that time---combination walking on my treadmill 20 min each day, upper and lower body weight training and isometrics, and "other" activity--anything that will keep me moving
3)having my clothes glide over my body vs tight here or there.
4)having my first plateau but breaking it
5)checking in here weekly to listen and learn

Thanks for sharing, I'm following you so I hope you know where you're going
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:56 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitzyFritz View Post
I actually have THE BEST husband in the whole world.
Hmmmmm, we must have married a bigamist!!!

royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

My NSV is about riding a motorcycle. My DH has always owned one. I NEVER rode with him - NEVER. I did NOT want to have all that fat hanging off both sides of the bike, so I just refused to ride. This summer has been the first time in 31 years I have gotten to enjoy riding. We ride that motorcycle every chance we get now! We go riding every weekend - this past one we went to Old Man's Cave and hiked for the day. I have missed out on so much by being fat for so many years. I have a LOT to make up for!!! (and I am having a BLAST!)
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #109  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsfan1 View Post
Hmmmmm, we must have married a bigamist!!!

So, you have one of those wonderful hubbies also, huh? I consider myself SOOOOO blessed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Quadcrew View Post
My NSV is about riding a motorcycle. My DH has always owned one. I NEVER rode with him - NEVER. I did NOT want to have all that fat hanging off both sides of the bike, so I just refused to ride. This summer has been the first time in 31 years I have gotten to enjoy riding. We ride that motorcycle every chance we get now! We go riding every weekend - this past one we went to Old Man's Cave and hiked for the day. I have missed out on so much by being fat for so many years. I have a LOT to make up for!!! (and I am having a BLAST!)
You go, girl!! You are doing GREAT and I am sure you ARE having a blast!! It sure sounds like it! I'm so happy for you!!!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #110  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

These NSV's are the BEST!! I got one at 5am. I was getting ready for work, putting on my new clothes-hubby says "Now your showing off!!" Heck yah!! bout time!

ps. ok, maybe a little showing off......
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #111  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Cuter
It always makes us feel good when those closest to us say something nice about us losing weight. Glad your dad said something nice.
It made me feel really good when my dad said that.

Not to be outdone apparently... The hubby to be sat me down last night. The hubby to be was only told about my goals very recently. I had wanted to see if I could do it before I put it out there if that makes sense...

So he sat down to talk to me, and told me he wished he had known this was something I wanted so he could have been more supportive and then he told me all the things he had noticed about the new me. Some not fit for a public forum but most decided making me feel good about myself.

Then my other NSV last night was when I put on a pair of pants that are not forgiving at all... I haven't worn them in 3 1/2 years... I got them done up without fighting... Though they are a very close fit so I have to wait another 10 lbs and then they will look GOOD again... Getting them on and done up without issue was amazing!
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:48 PM   #112  
VSG'er 01/08/13

Quote:
Cuter
I am so glad you are now getting some of the support you need. It is very important for those around us to understand we are changing how we eat for life, not just until we get thin. The need to be there with us because they really need to live somewhat the same food style too.
He changed with me because of my allergy... Now it is just a matter of the support with regards to my goals. In that respect we were already most of the way there.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:36 AM   #113  
VSG'er 01/08/13

Quote:
Cuter
That is just so great. My husband is so supportive I couldn't ask for more. Don't know how I would do it if he didn't support what I am doing. He doesn't even want me to lose weight except for I will be healthier. He liked me big lol.
Mine likes me as I am too... But will take me any way he can get me.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:44 AM   #114  

Height: 5'8

I'm wearing a pair of pants which haven't fit properly since 2001. Although back then, I didn't realize pleats weren't my friend. So it goes more with blouse which skim over the belly than tuck in, but it's interim clothing, nonetheless. And I think somewhere I have another pair in a different color.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I haven't been able to get on here lately - but it is so exciting to be able to come on here & read everyone's awesome NSV's. This is definitely my favourite forum to read.

MrsQuadcrew - you are so motivational to me. You are doing so fantastic & really seem to be enjoying life!

I have a couple to add from the past couple of days:

-On Sunday night we went to a friend's for dinner & after she & I sat & chatted for some time. It was nice as we haven't had much time together lately so there was lots of catching up to do. Anyway, she kept saying "you look sooo fantastic!". It felt nice & it's the first time we are both getting control of our weight at the same time which was doubly nice.
-On Saturday we went to watch a strongman comp. put on by the owner's of our gym. There was a big girl there & I asked my DH if I am as big as her. He looked at me in disbelief & asked me if I was crazy? Then after a little while he leaned over & said that even at my largest I wasn't as large as her. I know it's kind of shallow but I have no real concept of how big I look to others - to me I look HUGE, so it's kind of reassuring to find out my perception really is wrong.
-On Monday, I turned my ankle in the morning (not an uncommon thing for me as I have had weak ankles since I was a child) but I went to the gym for my training appointment anyway & I had a great workout. It's still blue & swollen today but I am going again. This is part of my physiology & I need to learn how to work around & not let it sidetrack me.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #116  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I love this forum, too!!
Lifeguard, I know what you mean about comparing.... I do it all of the time. It's strange to try and figure out how you look to someone else.
I did have a wonderful NSV just a little while ago.
We went to my mother in law's house (I don't see her that often). SHE asked me if I was still doing the "food thing"! My husband is so proud of me, he has told her and a lot of people that I'm losing weight. Personally, I wouldn't be telling them, but if he wants to, that's okay. It is so nice to have that support.
Anyway...back to my mother in law....
She was saying how nice I looked and how much she can tell that I've lost!!! For her, that is a BIG deal!! It made me really feel good.
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #117  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I just got back from a bakery ( looking at cakes for my Dd birthday, haven't found one yet).. I bought my dd a danish and some Buckeyes for my son. Now i didn't know what buck eyes were, and before I would have bought at least one for myself, I didn't. I also didn't buy the wonderful fudge they had, or eclairs, or truffles, or lemon bar. Instead I came home and had 5 fresh dates. I did it..
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #118  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Cheryl, you're my hero! Starchy sweets are my number one weakness. I'm not sure I could come within 100 feet of a bakery and manage to walk away without at least nibbling on something.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 10-17-2007 at 02:49 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:30 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm with you Rhonda! I baked chocolate chip cookies last night for DS's birthday treat to take to school today and it was torture. I did break down and eat half of one, thank goodness I was able to stop there and go to bed. I'll call it a victory. In the old days I would have eaten a dozen by now and would be feeling very sick.
And buckeyes are evil.

I haven't really had any NSVs this week unless it counts that I'm wearing a new outfit today - a size L shirt, and 14 - 16 pants, no plus sizes anywhere. It actually fits and DH noticed this morning and told me I was looking very sharp today. I guess he's tired of seeing me in those baggy jeans!
Funny though, I saw some friends this past weekend that I only see once a year. I've lost almost 40 lbs since I last saw them, but not one noticed anything (or said anything). I kind of thought they would, but it didn't bother me. I figured since I see them once a year, maybe it's not a big enough difference. Lots of people that see me more often have noticed. Plus, I didn't have my new outfit yet, so I was wearing those baggy jeans, and it might have been kind of hard to tell under all that fabric!

But I love reading everyone's NSVs. It is so inspiring.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #120  
No description available.

Go Cheryl!

And wowsas, we'll have to call you the shrinking Schmoodle!

My NSV today is that I ran at lunch time. And then I ate my turkey sandwich, hardboiled egg, and grapes.

3 miles, baby! That's a good use of my lunch hour.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote