Old 09-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/253/135?

Height: 5'7

Default Hi! New to the forum.

Hi my name is Jfer and I'm new to this forum. I've posted in a couple of the sections and so far I love this site! It's nice to talk to people who are in the same boat as me.

I've always been overweight since I was about 8 years old, but it really sky rocketed in high school. I always wanted to do something about it and kind of tried out new diets and such, but I never stuck with it, because I didn't see results! I think before I was in such a hurry to see the changes. Of course I would love to lose the weight quickly, I understand that it takes time now. I really should have started before I had more than 100lbs to lose! It seems a little overwhelming. -_-;;

I think what made me get serious about it now was because I recently saw a few pictures of myself while out with friends and I just couldn't believe how I let myself go like that! It really hurt to see the pictures... Plus, I never have any energy anymore and can't really do all the things my friends do without getting really tired.

I would love to have a support buddy on here. I really think it would motivate me to work harder towards my goal and it would be nice to make some friends who understand. My friends and family don't realize that I do actually think about my weight. ALL THE TIME. Especially my mom. She's been thin all of her life and I know that she wants to see me get there and get healthy, but she doesn't realize that she should talk to me calmly and support me through it. She always tells me to do something or says a nasty comment about it, but when I do try to make a change... she doesn't seem to really care.

Okayy, well enough about my life story!! If anyone could help me get on track that would be really great!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Jfer

Last edited by bxthin; 09-28-2007 at 12:23 PM.
bxthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:18 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi I am glad you found us!!! If you would have asked me a few months ago if I could loose the weight I've lost so far, was possible, I would have said no. Now I know it is possible with hard work and determination. There are lots of great people here who are great motivaters and have given me inspiration. I know they can be that for you too. Good luck on your weight loss.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I'm glad you found your way in here..I love, love, love all of the great people on this site, but I'm partial to the 100lb clubbers.
100lbs does seem very overwhelming, but if you just take it a week at a time, a day at a time, even an HOUR at a time, it will make things a lot more manageable for you. Again, welcome. Looking forward to chatting with you.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #4  

Thank you for the warm welcome! Do any of you use a support buddy system?? I'm so new to forums. Lol. Is there any way I can add you guys to my friends list on here?

I'm thinking about setting a short term goal for myself so I don't have keep looking at the scale wishing for it to be at 125-135. -_-;; What do you guys think is a reasonable amount to lose in a month?

Also, how did you guys lose the weight?

Thanks!!

Jfer
Old 09-28-2007, 01:01 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Jfer! I know you're gonna love it here!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #6  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxthin View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome! Do any of you use a support buddy system?? I'm so new to forums. Lol. Is there any way I can add you guys to my friends list on here?

I'm thinking about setting a short term goal for myself so I don't have keep looking at the scale wishing for it to be at 125-135. -_-;; What do you guys think is a reasonable amount to lose in a month?

Also, how did you guys lose the weight?

Thanks!!

Jfer

I don't think they have friends list on here...not that I know of, anyways, lol. If you have a MySpace, though, I can send you my link and you can add me.

Setting a short term goal is a great idea. Mine right now is set for 220, but you can pick any number. You may want to focus on 10-20lbs at a time, whatever floats your boat. My weight loss varies month to month, but it averages out to about 10lbs per month. I'm counting my calories and exercising 6 days a week.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Welcome!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome ^^ I hope you're able to find the support here that you need. And to build your confidence so that you are able to tell your family about the kinds of support that works for you, and what doesn't (like making mean comments).

The average person can lose between 1 & 2 lbs a week. Some weeks more some weeks less, and then again you may not be so average. In a month this means the average person loses about 4-8 lbs.

If you need a smaller goal (I know I need them!) to focus on, you may want to start on 5 or 10 lbs at a time. I see you've already started & have lost 7 lbs and that's great!!!

I am using WW points, and I go to their meetings for weekly support, but I've started using this site to boost my support throughout the week, so far so good! These people are friendly, and I just enjoy all the chatting ^^

There are people on here who work together as weight loss & motivation buddies, so if you're looking for one and ask around I'm sure you'll find one Best of luck to you!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Default I'm new too

and I would love to have a buddy!

I've been at it for three weeks so far. I'm already down 18 pounds.
I came here because I knew I'd need some extra support. Wanna do this together?
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #11  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

I could use a buddy too. I don't know if 3FC has a friends list or messenger or anything, but I do have aim (though I'll be honest I have been avoiding it because I work for myself and it's too distracting for me to get work done! ... well, I guess 3FC is taking that place now :P)

I really know what you mean about everything, except my mom is overweight too, and has been for all of my life. My dad was the one that said, "Rakel, I think you've had enough chips now." when guests where over... and one time even said, "You would be such a foxy girl if you just lost some weight" and implied that maybe then I could get a boyfriend. I tried dieting and exercising for about 2 seconds before I gave up and resorted to self-pity. This is the first time I ever REALLY tried. Of course, when my dad said that, I was somehwere between 200 and 240lbs, after high school, my weight ballooned up to 300+ lbs when I finally decided enough was enough and I had to do something before I ended up on one of those superobese programs on TLC.

Anyway, I never confronted my dad about how he made me feel, but I moved away and he never makes comments like that to me anymore, so it's not something I live every day with, but if it's something your mom is constantly doing you should definitely let her know. I'm sure she loves you and doesn't really want to discourage you. Like my dad for example, I'm sure he was just trying to encourage me to lose weight, but I was definitely not in the right frame of mind for his type of "encouragement," and it actually translated to discouragement for me. Funny how that works. Now that I'm getting older, I realize this more -- weight is a sensitive issue, and I've found a lot of people like to just avoid the subject all together in fear of offending me.

At any rate, welcome! I hope you love it here at 3FC!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #12  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I lost 18lbs in my first month, then maintained those 18lbs for about 2.5weeks because I was going off plan, but now I'm back on track! I guess you could average it out to 10lbs a month (which is my goal, though if I lose more I won't complain!).
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:49 PM   #13  

Thank you for the info Faerie and Cassie!
Oh and Cassie, I do have myspace. What is the link for yours?

Supersub & Rakel : I would love to be your buddies. Great work on your weight loss so far! I also have AIM. Whats your screen name?

I really do hope I can talk to my mom about it, but whenever I do... she doesn't seem to listen to me. Idk. Maybe I have to corner her on a good day. Haha.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #14  

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Jfer! It's great that we're getting so many young chicks joining us.

I think you will find a tremendous amount of support here. I know that I did. Let us know how we can help.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

I've got to get a few more posts in to be able to private message people.

I'd love for us to get to talk whenever we need to have a little extra help.
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote