3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   dessert ideas?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/123459-dessert-ideas.html)

Trazey34 09-23-2007 02:25 PM

dessert ideas??

I can do the low cal, low fat, eating way of life but after dinner i need a little something! I'm kind of "over" the no cal Jello hahhah

my latest "find" is also a way for me to use up box after box of herbal tea that well-meaning people give as gifts LOL I despise it! BUT a cup of apple cinnamon tea with a bit more cinnamon in it, a sprinkle of brown sugar, poured over a sliced-up pear, pop it in the oven for a bit is really very yummy!!!

any great easy low-cal dessert ideas floating around out there in 3fc land???

royalsfan1 09-23-2007 03:36 PM

Nothing revolutionary...

On days I have a few calories to spare after dinner I like to spread .5 to 1 tbsp NATURAL peanut butter on a 50 cal whole wheat tortilla and wrap it around a banana. Approx 250 calories.

1 tbsp apple butter on a Kashi frozen waffle...95 calories.

A Fiber One or Kashi bar with a cup of coffee...160 calories (10 in the non-dairy creamer)

A cup of coffee sweetened a creamed up with Silk Chocolate Soy milk...70 calories

Those are my main ones....

melsfolly 09-23-2007 03:56 PM

When I'm really trying to be totally good but I need something sweet I make:

Apple Pear Crisps

2 sprays cooking spray
2 medium pear(s), Bosc, halved, cored
2 medium apple(s), Gala, Red Delicious or Granny Smith, halved, cored
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp SPLENDA

Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
Slice pears and apples into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
Mix together cinnamon and Splenda in a small bowl. Place fruit slices in a single layer on baking sheets and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Bake, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking, until crisp and lightly browned, about 30 to 45 minutes.

When I really want something a little sweeter (and I'm having company that can help eat it up!) I make:

Fruit Cobbler

1 box white or yellow cake mix
1 can Diet Sprite or Diet 7 Up
1 can of pineapple tidbits, drained (the original recipe called for a bag of frozen berries, but I like pineapple better)

Spray cake pan (13x9 type)
Dump pineapple across the bottom of the pan
Dump & spread the cake mix over the pineapple
Pour the soda over all of it (don't mix it up)
Cover with foil and bake @ 350 for 30 minutes.
Uncover and continue baking for another 40-60 minutes.

With the pineapple it makes 20 servings @ 121 calories.
(with the berries it was about 100 calories per serving)

Pita09 09-23-2007 07:58 PM

I've said it before that my favorite snack is popcorn sprinkled with butter spray, cinnamon, a packet of Splenda.

sweetnsassyfied 09-24-2007 06:00 AM

Here are a few of my favorites! Yummmm!! :)

ONE POINT COBBLER
Makes 8 servings @ 1 point per serving

Ingredients
3 cups Fresh fruit (Blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
1/2cup non fat milk
1/2cup flour
1/3cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375*,
2. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with non stick spray.
3. Combine fruit with honey or Sugar substitute to sweeten, and a pinch of nutmeg. Place in bottom of baking dish.
4. In a bowl combine milk, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt and wisk until smooth.
5. Pour mixture over fruit and bake for 30 min. Serve warm

93 calories, 0 grams fat, 2 grams fiber
----------------------
(( I am making this one for our families Thanksgiving get together. ))

CRANBERRY COOKIE KISSES
Makes 20 servings@ 4 cookies per serving@ 1 point per serving

These bite-size sweet morsels are sure to please all of your Christmas guests.

Ingredients
3 large egg white(s), at room temperature
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup canned cranberry sauce, whole berry
1/3 cup dried cranberries, about 80 cranberries

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 200°F. Coat 2 large sheet pans with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form; gradually beat in sugar until mixture is very stiff and shiny. Gradually fold in cranberry sauce (you can add a few drops of red food coloring at this point, if desired) while beating for 1 minute.
3. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto prepared sheet pans; press 1 dried cranberry into the top of each cookie.
4. Bake for 2 hours. Cool completely before removing from pans. Store in airtight containers.

Yields about 4 cookies per serving.
---------------------

SASSY'S FALL FRUIT COMPOTE
Makes SIX- 1/2 cup servings @ 2 points per serving

Warm or cold, this fruit medley is a versatile staple for all your cooking needs: Swirl it into oatmeal, serve it with pork or chicken or enjoy it on its own.

Ingredients
2 medium apple(s), diced into 1/2-inch pieces
1/3 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
3 medium pear(s), diced into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup water
1 tsp orange zest
1 medium orange(s), sectioned and pits removed

Directions
1. Combine 1 diced apple, orange juice, 1 diced pear, 1/4 cup of cranberries, cinnamon and ginger in a medium pot over medium heat. Cook until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
2. Add remaining apple, 1 diced pear and 1/2 cup of water; cook until the apple is just tender, about 8 minutes. Add orange zest, orange sections, remaining diced pear and remaining cranberries. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 2 to 3 minutes.

Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
--------------------------

SASSY'S FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE
Makes 4 servings @ 1 point per serving

Ingredients
1 quart of fresh strawberries
1 pkg. Jello Sugar Free Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding (chocolate)
1 pkg. Jello Sugar Free Strawberry Jello
2 cups water

Directions
1. Slice the berries in a 9" pie plate sprayed with Pam.
2. Prepare the Vanilla Pudding according to package directions but substitute water for the milk. When pudding is cooked stir in the Jello.
3. Pour over the strawberries - chill and serve.

74 cals/0 fat/3 fiber
-------------------

I have made these brownies and NO one could tell the difference! In fact with all these recipes I am posting here, not a single person knew these were diet goodies....they were just out and out GOOD!!

SASSY'S NO PUDGE BROWNIES
Makes 16 servings @ 2 points per serving

(don' let the name fool you its another Copy-Cat )

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
2/3 c fat free vanilla yogurt (or use plain yogurt and 1 tsp vanilla extract. tastes just as good)

Directions
1.Mix all ingredients together until well mixed and glossy.
2. Bake in an 8x8" pan sprayed with Pam.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Top with FF Cool Whip.

**Individual brownies: 2 Tbsp cocoa mix and 1 Tbsp Fat Free vanilla yogurt. Stir together until glossy. Microwave 1 minute on high. **
--------------------------------

These are soooooooooo delicious! i used crumbled lemon wafer type cookies and it was fab!! and again easy..

SASSY'S STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
Makes 11 servings @ 1 point per serving

Ingredients
8 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
44 Medium Strawberries, whole
1/2 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs

Directions
1. In a small mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth and creamy, set aside.
2. Using a paring knife, hollow out the top of the strawberries to a depth of approx. 3/4 inch.
3. Gently fill each with cream cheese mixture using a pastry bag just slightly above the tops. Place them on a cookie sheet(s) as you do this.
4. Once all of the strawberries are filled, dip each top into the graham cracker crumbs and place back onto the cookie sheet(s).
5. Place the cookie sheet(s) into the refrigerator and leave them for a few hours or over night to completely chill.
--------------------

I love to share recipes!! I've got a gazillion more, just didnt want to bomboard you with the first installment. ;) :lol:

Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!!

Mrs Quadcrew 09-24-2007 08:58 AM

I don't do desserts - but when I want something sweet, I cut up an apple (peach, nectarine, etc.) and zap it in the microwave for a couple of minutes with some cinnamon and a dab of agave nectar. OR I will melt a small amount of dark chocolate and dip some fresh strawberries in it. Either of those are great!

Marseille 09-24-2007 10:48 PM

I just tried this tonight, yum! I divided a can of pumpkin into 1/2 cup servings, mixed it with a cinnamon, ginger, and ground cloves, stirred in a little splenda and a splash of skim milk and baked it until it set. OMG, just like pumpkin pie, my favorite... plus it has some fiber too and potassium. Based on the can I bought, a half cup of pumpkin has 40 calories and the spices add practically nothing. I did add 20 extra calories to my total for the milk but I don't think I used that much.

Cassie501107 09-24-2007 11:07 PM

I'm in love with the Smart Ones desserts...they're great!

WindyCityChick 09-25-2007 12:08 AM

My current sweet tooth solutions - love the weight watchers fudgsicles - chocolate mousse flavored, and only 40 calories a bar. Also (like others here), I love to nuke an apple with some cinammon and splends, sometimes will crumbles some fiberone with it, and it tastes pretty darned close to a real apple pie.

Marseille 09-25-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassie501107 (Post 1867900)
I'm in love with the Smart Ones desserts...they're great!

I bought a couple of these last week to stick in my little mini-fridge/freezer in my office to combat my nasty little 4 o'clock sugar craving and when I got there this morning, they were gone! I guess someone in my building agrees with you!

I also wanted to mention that a GREAT little treat I have discovered is "Go-Gurt", you know, the kiddie yogurt that comes in a plastic tube with Scooby Doo or Shrek on it? Toss those babies in the freezer and they are SOOOO GOOOOOOD. They are about 80 calories each and they come in a ton of flavors, some standard yogurt flavors like strawberry banana or blueberry and some even ice-creamy flavors like chocolate milkshake, vanilla malt and root beer float (my personal fave).

lizziness 09-25-2007 01:11 AM

My favorite is to toss a sliced apple in my non-stick wok and saute it - sprinkle some cinnamon and maybe a teaspoon or so of brown sugar (could probably use splenda).
I like to serve it on some Tillamook Vanilla Bean FF Yogurt (just because i like the way theirs tastes best). This will serve two people. It is so yummy and refeshing. Like cobbler and ice cream without eating either of those things.

Robin41 09-25-2007 01:38 AM

Well there is no way I am ever going to cook something after dinner. Way too much trouble. If I'm looking for something guilt-free for a treat, I have a Dreyer's Fruit Bar. It's a frozen popsicle like thing that is amazing in the Lemonade flavor. 80 calories and tastes like a lot more. Totally satisfying and something I would eat even if I weren't trying to lose weight.

Gale02 09-25-2007 02:53 AM

I can't do artificial sweeteners, so my sweets have to be the real thing. BUT, I've heard that the ice cream sweetened with Splenda is really good. Some of the WW desserts are pretty good too (I like their fudge bars.) I've taken to buying the Hershey's mini dark chocolate bars and having one of those as a treat. I think they're 90 calories each. Of course, dark chocolate isn't one of my binge triggers. I tried this once with the mini reeses cups and after eating about 15 one night I sent the rest to work with DH. :)

I wanted to add that I also like caramels for a treat. They don't have many calories and they are very hard to eat, so they last a while.

rakel 09-25-2007 03:20 AM

Lately I've been taking the sugar free jello pudding packs in the double chocolate flavor with 1 tbsp of peanut butter. The jello is 60 calories for a cup and the 1/2 serving a peanut butter is about 95 for a total of 155. It's just the perfect amount of peanut butter and pudding, AND it really fills me up for awhile, so I often have one after a small meal or as a snack in between. I would like to try the same thing but with almond or cashew butter instead too! I'm surprised with the pudding too, I don't usually like pudding... but I really like this one a lot, it's the perfect amount of chocolate and it doesn't taste "sugar free" to me. PLUS at only 60 calories a cup, it's really awesome. If I don't have enough calories for the peanut butter, I just eat it without! :)

hellokitty81668 09-25-2007 09:43 AM

I have a bad sweet tooth.
Here are some ideas......
Kashi TLC bar ( chocolate cherry is very sweet and only 120 calories :) )
I make my own Parfait for a sweet low fat, or fat free snack
I use 1/2 cup of fat free stonyfield vanilla yogurt( you can use low fat if you want), I mix in fruit, if I can't get fresh I will use frozen.......right now I am using about 2 oz of frozen blueberries, 1/2 banana and add a handful of Kashi go lean crunch for texture, you can even add honey if you want.....
..... when I have extra calories to spare, I make this...... low fat cinn. graham crackers ( 2 whole crackers are 130 calories)... 1 tsp of dark chocolate Peanut butter( 90 calories), I spread the Pb on the crackers and top with bananas or strawberries.....
hope this helps.
cheryl