Omega 3

• I was watching The TRuth about food last night and they were talking about eating the oily fish like tuna and salmon. But I dont like tuna and salmon. I like the white fishes like Tilapia. So my question is do the white fishes has Omega 3 (just not as much) and does take a fish oil vitamin give you the same amout of omega 3 as eating the fish?
  • Don't forget that you can get essential fatty acids from nuts (unroasted), avocado, and olive oil.

I don't know if you can get as much oil from the pills, but that information just may be on the pill bottle.
  • I take 1200 mg of Omega-3 Fish oil everyday. (contains: fish (anchovy & sardine) and soy.

It says per 2 capsule serving:
    fish oil concentrate 2400 mg
  • I pop a pill and I eat walnuts everyday.
  • I Googled this, as I was curious as well. My understanding from reading a couple of places is that tilapia does have Omega-3, just not in the quantities you would get from salmon, etc. Another good source of Omega-3 is flax seed. You can either look for foods that contain it (Kashi has a tasty Pumpkin Spice granola bar with flax, for example) or you can buy the flax seed and sprinkle it on cereal, etc.
  • Thanks alot. I heard Dr., Oz on Oprah say that you can also get it from Flax Seed and he puts it in his shakes that he drinks in the mornings. Im gonna go buy some fish oil pills and flax seed tomorrow. Thanks again for the input