Yogurt at Subway!

• Couldn't make it the 50 miles from school to home today, having one of those "hungry" days, you know? So I stopped at Subway for a sandwich to eat on the way home. I love their kid's packs because they are portion controlled and you can get raisins or apples instead of chips. Even baked chips are empty calorie chips, so I try to avoid them.

Imagine my surprise when the girl asked if I wanted raisins, apples or YOGURT! Of course I had to have a look at it (make sure it wasn't more ice cream than yogurt) and it's GOOD STUFF! I was shocked! Dannon Naturals with 100 calories in four ounces (a little high) but real fruit and no preservative crap. I could have done a little happy dance right there in the line!

Do you think we're finally making an impact on menus? I mean us healthy eating people in general? I know Subway tries to be healthy, but this is a serious step, I think. Multiple good choices you can make with no extra charge!
  • I'm not much of a yogurt fan but do love Subway. I don't know that there's really been that much of an impact on menu's in general or just that somebody at Subway was smart enough to see a niche they could fill by making healthy choices a lot easier to make. (Wow, that's a run-on sentence.)
  • I saw the yogurt at Subway as well. I have tried many brands, until I fell in love with the "exotic" flavors of Weight Watchers. WW yogurt contains 3g of fiber as well. So, when I saw that yogurt at Subway, I passed. I have a fridge full of WW yogurt (I have 1 a day at lunch).