S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, after I read the ******* article, I don't trust Woman's World
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:26 PM   #17  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

They do... Suzanne3FC has said that she herself has gotten requests from Women's World asking for the craziest sounding diets so they can feature in their magazine.

If you haven't read the ******* article on the front page of the main 3FC site, I recommend reading it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:31 PM   #18  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Breakfast:
-1 cup of vegetable broth
-1/2 cup grapefruit juice
-1/2 cup quinoa porridge
-1 tablespoon flax seed oil

Lunch:
-1 cup of steamed vegetables
-1 cup of a salad plate

Snack:
-1/2 avocado

Dinner:
-1/2 cup carrot juice
-1 1/2 cup of Dr. Rau's vegetable soup
-1 cup of steamed vegetables
-1/2 apple
-Cup of herbal tea
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #19  
Almost the Big 50!

Guys this is a detox not a long diet.....I posted the menu-
Old 09-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #20  

Looks pretty healthy to me..except lacks protein?..but then again..protein is NOT detoxing. Now if I could make myself eat all those veggies RAW..It would be great. Anyone see Dr. Oz on O yesterday...eating RAW fruits and veggies a test study lost 10 pounds in 10 days....Lots of fiber is great for us.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #21  
Almost the Big 50!

yep, breakfast is now in me lol,, I really am not meat eater so to kick start me again will be great, if i stay on it i will modify the dinner to include turkey to protein shakes
Old 09-18-2007, 01:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

I have to say for those who might be inclined to try this without knowing... there is hardly ANY protein in this diet, and to go without any protein for 1-2 weeks is very damaging to your body. I don't mean meat. I mean protein, which is the building blocks of your body. If you do not eat protein at all, your body will break down muscle to get it. This is not safe. Also, this "diet" looks to be well under 1000 calories... closer to 7-800. Your body will not function well and maybe believe you are starving and slow your metabolism. Any loss you get from doing this (if anyone can tolerate this for more than a couple of days) will be mostly water weight, and will come back on when you start eating normally again. I am sure people will do it anyway but I want to put this fact out there so people are aware that they are harming their bodies.

Lyn
EIGHTEEN pounds gone!
My Blog:
www.escapefromobesity.blogspot.com
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #23  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

You say that now, Lyn, but didn't you notice? The soup is named after a doctor!

Last edited by Luminous; 09-18-2007 at 02:02 PM.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:31 PM   #24  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
I have to say for those who might be inclined to try this without knowing... there is hardly ANY protein in this diet, and to go without any protein for 1-2 weeks is very damaging to your body. I don't mean meat. I mean protein, which is the building blocks of your body. If you do not eat protein at all, your body will break down muscle to get it. This is not safe. I am sure people will do it anyway but I want to put this fact out there so people are aware that they are harming their bodies.

Lyn
EIGHTEEN pounds gone!
My Blog:
I hate to disagree with you, Lynn, but though I am not currently vegan (actually, pescatarian), I have been vegan for periods throughout my adult life, and have read lots of literature on the subject. The fact is, our current obsession with protein from animal sources really has no historical precedent. Dr. T Colin Campbell's The China Study is only one study that effectively demonstrates that a plant-based diet is far healthier than an animal-based one. The Physicians Council for Responsible Medicine advocates a vegan diet. Prior to the standard American diet that we tend to consume now, the degenerative diseases that now plague us were not nearly as problematic. So much medical misinformation is disseminated by The Dairy Council and The Beef Check-Off Council, etc., that it is hard to separate the truth. Just as physicians used to counsel patients that tobacco was helpful in relieving anxiety because of studies done by the tobacco industry, so the meat and dairy industries have successfully penetrated our elementary school system and medical schools. I know that people have been successful with high protein diets. I don't mean to disparage any of them. Each of us is capable of interpreting the science for ourselves and making our own decisions. But the science in favor of a plant-based diet is really, really strong, and I don't think that you are taking it into account with your blanket statement about protein. As a personal aside, I try to give blood on a regular basis, and I periodically get turned down because of low iron. Ironically, I have never been turned down when I was eating a vegan diet. I am consistently turned down when I am eating the standard American diet, which tends to be very high in protein and iron.

The bottom line is that people can and do lose safely with plant-based diets, and there is lots and lots of sound science to support it. Just as an example, both the green beans and the quinoa included in this diet are great sources of plant-based protein.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #25  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I am currently reading the China Study and yes the author does advocate a plant based diet but he also advocates a well rounded plant based diet include legumes, grains and a variety of vegetables.

I too would be concerned about any diet that had a limited variety of foods for any extended period of time.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:00 PM   #26  

Height: 5'5"

I agree with you completely, Nelie. But Sandi is only talking about a short period of time. And I also have to say that the menu that she posted looks like a pretty good variety of foods. It's not like the Cabbage Soup diet, for example. To me, it looks like a fairly healthy way to jump start into a plan.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #27  

Actually, LaurieDawn, you are not disagreeing with me at all. As I said in my first post, we need protein. I stated, "I am not talking about meat." Even vegans eat protein. Beans, legumes, nuts are wonderful plant based protein sources... very little of which I see included in this "detox plan." The quinoa has about 6g of protein. A half cup of green beans has 1 gram of protein. I never advocated a "high protein" diet, either, but eating 7-800 calories with only 7g of protein a day is not a healthy way to eat.

However, if the original poster and others go on and follow this diet for a week or two, and they feel good and lose weight, and then continue to lose weight after completion of this diet, then perhaps for them the short term damage is worth it. I will be waiting to see how many folks actually do it and lose weight and don't regain. But I personally would not follow a restricted regimen that I know can harm my body.

Lyn
EIGHTEEN pounds gone!
My Blog:
Old 09-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #28  

Just a pointer here... you did mention eating oatmeal for breakfast... oatmeal does not have a complete protein nor as much protein as quinoa, so be careful not to substitute oatmeal for quinoa.

Lyn
EIGHTEEN pounds gone!
My Blog:
Old 09-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #29  
Almost the Big 50!

The big thing for me and me alone is that I feel ill when i eat most meat, always have all my life, turkey breast from publix Boarshead low sodium is the only meat i eat.... I will stay on a week and see how it goes, if not I will add turkey to the salad, but feel the need to cleanse, as living with my son was hard in the beginning, and i did mess up(he has lost 9 pounds this week) and happy he is now on a diet
Old 09-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #30  
Almost the Big 50!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
Just a pointer here... you did mention eating oatmeal for breakfast... oatmeal does not have a complete protein nor as much protein as quinoa, so be careful not to substitute oatmeal for quinoa.

Lyn
EIGHTEEN pounds gone!
My Blog:
I use steel cut oatmeal