3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   The Biggest Loser (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/122564-biggest-loser.html)

ChristyDM 09-12-2007 10:55 AM

I know that the biggest loser is incredibly unrealistic. Did anyone else notice how some people mentioned it being 2 weeks since original weigh in and then correcting themselves to 1? Even so, 2 weeks to lose 30 (or even 20) pounds is so beyond what us "normal" folks can do. While I do think it's inspiring to see people working hard and losing, I just can't get with this show very much. (and I am a self confessed reality show junkie! lol) I just think it helps fuel a huge stereotype that many "fat-phobic" people have. I know personally I've encountered people who say things like "well, why don't you just exercise." Uh, yeah, been doing that since July 6. Now, two months later, I've lost 20-something pounds. Granted, I think what I've lost is great. But last night I was talking to a "friend" (and I use that term loosely in this case) and they were watching at the time same I was and a comment was made "wow...she lost 20 pounds in a week...how long it take you to lose your 20??" :mad: Ya know...if I were in that environment I probably would have lost faster too. But it's not a realistic situation. Unless I win the lottery I can't afford to exercise as my full time job. And even if I did win, I'd be too busy on shopping sprees to exercise full time. lol. That being said, I think the motivation that these people have to even be on this show is huge. And I think they are awesome for doing it. Even the whiney one who went home last night. And good for her for continueing at home. I'll watch...just because I like cheering for them and discussing the show. But I watch with a cynical eye. Oh, and that said.....I have never been a fan of man boobs, and I HATE, HATE, HATE that the guys go shirtless for their weigh in. I mean really.....how much is that t-shirt REALLY gonna add to your weight? I've always had the mind set that if women have to cover ours up to be "decent" men should as well. :soap:

Trazey34 09-12-2007 11:08 AM

hehe i agree about the man-boobs! lol and you're right, it's unrealistic but next week they'll drop down to more reasonable losses.

i like the football player captain Red team dude -- he's so cute even fat! LOL he reminds me of my DH i think that's why he's got me smitten:D

and those losses are crazy, sure, but dh has dropped 16 lbs in a week/10 days before! no booze, vigorous exercise, and a lot of fluid loss! i hate boys :(

Jen415 09-12-2007 11:09 AM

You know what was weird? The bigger women only losing 7 or 8 lbs, and the littlest gal on the blue team losing 20!! WTH??

KnCmamma 09-12-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristyDM (Post 1851020)
Oh, and that said.....I have never been a fan of man boobs, and I HATE, HATE, HATE that the guys go shirtless for their weigh in. I mean really.....how much is that t-shirt REALLY gonna add to your weight? I've always had the mind set that if women have to cover ours up to be "decent" men should as well. :soap:

LOL, that's too funny. I agree, they should all just wear shirts and shorts, makes it that much more equal don't you think?

sfj 09-12-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trazey34 (Post 1850921)
I'm loving this show! and YAY for the bigger girls !!! I loved that the old dude made it there first ~ good for him :D

I missed a few minutes (I'm doing this ridiculous thing I agreed to -- EACH commercial break, run up and down all the stairs in your house good lord! ) can anyone tell me if they weighed in the black team? I don't think I saw that? How will we know what they started as???? PS I'd snap Jilian in half, I'm so a BOB kinda gal !

\

check out http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/
it shows them weighing in

melissaevans37 09-12-2007 11:25 AM

New Here!....and psyched!

I'm new and so glad that I found this website!

Watched The Biggest Loser last night and got inspired!! I started at 215 over a year ago and now weigh 165 although I was down to around 150-155 for a bit and got sidetracked....

Can anyone tell me how to post my pic??

Jen415 09-12-2007 11:30 AM

Hey Melissa: ARe you talking about posting an avatar? If so, go to the UserCP at the top, then click on Edit Avatar and follow directions from there!

PampGal 09-12-2007 11:32 AM

Since I saw you chatting about the show yesterday on the boards, I picked it up while I was cooking dinner (healthy, but not SBD). DH (teacher) came home from school open house and watched with last ½ hour with me.

He asked me if I'd go on the show with him if they did a couples one. I said "Yes" after some thought. The sports bra & spandex would be a good motivator for me to work harder although I wouldn't choose it.

I agree that making the un-picked think that they were going home was pretty cruel in a grade-school kind of way. I say "Go, Amber!" - I think if I was voted off like she was, I'd probably lose all motivation. She (surprisingly based on her attitude on the show) turned it around into a positive - I'm envious.

Lifeguard 09-12-2007 11:50 AM

I agree that the picking names was unnecessarily cruel. But I do LOVE the added dimension of the "secret" team - plus I LOVE Jillian - I was so disappointed when she wasn't on last season. I just don't find Kim nearly as motivating.

I personally find watching the people working SO hard very motivating.

Cassie501107 09-12-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PampGal (Post 1851095)
Since I saw you chatting about the show yesterday on the boards, I picked it up while I was cooking dinner (healthy, but not SBD). DH (teacher) came home from school open house and watched with last ½ hour with me.

He asked me if I'd go on the show with him if they did a couples one. I said "Yes" after some thought. The sports bra & spandex would be a good motivator for me to work harder although I wouldn't choose it.

I agree that making the un-picked think that they were going home was pretty cruel in a grade-school kind of way. I say "Go, Amber!" - I think if I was voted off like she was, I'd probably lose all motivation. She (surprisingly based on her attitude on the show) turned it around into a positive - I'm envious.

They're looking for couples to be on the next season! :D

SuchAPrettyFace 09-12-2007 11:54 AM

Trazey, don't get too excited, they got us all in a room for 5 min, a group of 10, to say "Send us a videotape oh & btw the deadline for that is Friday." I don't have easy access to a video camera, so I'm out. If I am still this big next time auditions come around, I will have made a videotape to take with me to the audition, and will have filled out the 10 pages of paperwork at home. Sandi warned me about the videotape thing, but still. It was a little disheartening. Also I could have been sleeping from 5am-at least 10am with the sleep machine. haha

The other thing was, as previously mentioned, they were looking for teams. My friend from work had to go to Volunteer Oreintation for the Milwaukee International Film Festival, so she couldn't make it BUT the NBC website clearly stated they were looking for individuals as well. Whatevs.

Also I have decided that by hook or by crook, I am going to get under 300 pounds by the end of the year. It's been long enough & I am fed up. :drill:

I only caught the last half hour, hope my VCR caught the rest. What I can't stand about this show is that they send someone home so soon. I think they should be on the ranch for a month, 4 weeks, before anyone is eliminated. That said, I am SHOCKED that Amber was able to go home & lose that much weight. I can't wait to see her at the final show to see how she did.

I'm very excited about the idea of the black team & although I would snap her in half like Trazey said in person, I like how Jillian truly believes everyone on her team can do this. Bob I love, and I'd want him as my trainer if I made it on the show. Kim I've got no feelings for one way or the other.

I was so proud of the Grampy guy. 30 pounds, that might be a whole grandchild!!! :cool:

PampGal 09-12-2007 12:05 PM

Okay, I checked. The applications for the next season of the Biggest Loser have to be in by Friday (09/14)! Video tape and long application - it's not going to happen this time around in the real world.

Better planning next time?

SuchAPrettyFace 09-12-2007 12:17 PM

Definitely! You can do it! :)

KnCmamma 09-12-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchAPrettyFace (Post 1851119)
I'm very excited about the idea of the black team & although I would snap her in half like Trazey said in person, I like how Jillian truly believes everyone on her team can do this. Bob I love, and I'd want him as my trainer if I made it on the show. Kim I've got no feelings for one way or the other.

I was so proud of the Grampy guy. 30 pounds, that might be a whole grandchild!!! :cool:

I too would like to be on Bob's team...don't know why but I just like Bob the best...maybe because I think he's a hottie...LOL...that might motivate me...LOL

KO 09-12-2007 12:34 PM

The only thing I don't like about the "black" team is in the preview they seem to be setting up a Kim/ Jillian CAt fight Bleh
other than that I like all the times
Helllooo Mr Football! damn I'm a talk skinny nerdy guy type but hes hot now he's going to be smokin later
and I love the older guy
and all the girls are cute and sympathetic except for that blonde on the red team
I'm Excited! is every episode oing to be 2 hours?