The Biggest Loser

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Trazey - we are going a biggest loser game as work as well. That's what helped get me started last October. We only pay $10.00 each at the start of the game. I wish we could have people pay every week for bigger pay out, but I had a hard enough time getting the $10.00 out of them. Our kitty is $200.00 and will be awarded to one winner right before Christmas break! It is so much fun. We have a couple of side bets going on which make it even more interesting. I'm trying really hard to keep the motivation up, so let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!
  • Quote: I'm trying really hard to keep the motivation up, so let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks!
    For sure, and you do the same for me! I can use all the help I can get!

One thing we decided ~ a lot of us (me included) do not like walking at lunchtime, i feel a bit sweaty and gross when i get back -- so we're walking right after work, as long as at least 2 people show up! that should help!

Let me know how yours goes ~ I'm sure I'll be posting each Wednesday morning to either brag or cry LOL
  • Tazey and Robyn, I wish I worked with either one of you. What motivation. I work for such a small place there is not enough of us to do anything like that, although Robyn that works with me lost a lot of weight last year and my boss and one other guy are both on a weight loss program now too. I sure would not compete with them though, they've been loosing for just a short time and you know how guys loose faster anyway LOL.

Good luck to both of you, I'll watch for you updated post.
  • Yay! For those of us who wanted in on the BL challenge but thought we were too late:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=1#post1849907

Here comes the Black Team!
  • Quote: I'm sure I'll be posting each Wednesday morning to either brag or cry LOL
    You better be bragging or I'll be coming up to Canada to kick some booty! (I've always wanted to see Canada )
  • hheh I'll remember that Rhonda!!

you should come see Canada, it's kinda nice up here I live in Kingston Ontario and it's right on the Lake (well about 20 of them actually) and it's got lots of historic limestone buildings and it's not too big (about 110,000) but not too small either
  • I'll be tuning in. It's practically the only show I watched last year. I just love seeing the transformations. That's probably what kept me going all these years. I loved seeing befores and afters, on TV, in magazines, of people who have lost a lot of weight. It gave me hope that losing lots of weight IS possible. And perhaps, maybe, just maybe that I could be one a big loser as well.

I don't know what the BL challenge is all about going on here at 3FC. But we could surely do SOMETHING of the sort right here at the 100lb club.
  • I already set a reminder timer for myself. I am so looking forward to this season, especially because, JILLIAN IS BACK!!!
  • I watched!!! Did u?
  • Quote: Yay! For those of us who wanted in on the BL challenge but thought we were too late:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=1#post1849907

Here comes the Black Team!
    I signed up!!!
  • Yay! I'm glad you joined.

I watched the show...awesome, loved it! I'm so excited...I hate waiting a week between episodes though.
  • awesome show! dude was down 30 lbs in a WEEK??? yikes! LOL

am I mean but i was Soooooooo happy they kicked off Amber ~ someone needing help is fine, but the whiney defeatist attitude bugged me, especially when so many others would have loved the opportunity! good for her for dropping 60 lbs at home tho! yay!
  • Oh yeah. I was glad they kicked her rear to the curb. lol.

I about hit the floor when I saw he lost 30 lbs. That is WOW!
  • I thought it was nice to see gals that were bigger than the ones they've chosen in seasons past. The 31 pound guy and the 20 pound gal were a huge upset for the red team. All I can say is wow.

Oh, and I'll also say that I think it's C-R-U-E-L to put the women in those sports bras and spandex shorts. Since I read the scale they stand on isn't the real scale (they weigh them in advance of the weigh in ceremony), why they don't weigh both the guys and the girls in a t-shirt and normal gym shorts is beyond me.
  • I was also happy to see larger girls it's always been one of my beefs with the show... that they had large men and not women. Us larger girls need inspiration too.

It's good to have a "mix" of weights.