Looking for a good magazine

• I see lots of health and exercise magazines on the shelves and I am wondering if anyone reads them and what you think of them. Are anyone of them better or worse for people who have a lot of weight to lose?

• I love Weight Watcher's magazine, even when I'm not on the program.

I used to like SHAPE, but it's more geared towards much more athletic people than it used to be, so it's not as informative for beginners anymore.

Looking Good was a neat magazine, but I think it may have gone under, as I haven't seen any recent issues

I like Prevention and Arthritis Today (I've had arthritis since age 25)

http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/

is a great site for finding amazing discounts on magazines that make it affordable to gamble on a magazine you're not sure about. Barnes and Noble and similar bookstores are also great places to browse and see if you like before you buy.
  • I like Self a lot. I've noticed that in their fitness sections they are featuring - GASP- models with real woman figures. I'm talking chubby knees, non-concave stomachs (with flaws!!!), etc... They are beautiful and in shape, but they aren't touched up to death. I could get on board with that! They also have good recipes and stories and workout moves that are great for when I don't feel like leaving my living room.
  • I really liked Looking Good...but I can't find it anymore either.
  • I read Self every month. Along with what the other poster said I also like that they include stuff about beauty, health, and fitness. I enjoy it quite a lot
  • I, unfortunately, have discovered that the amount I exercise is inversely proportional to the number of magazines I read. I just can't seem to absorb the fact that I actually have to DO the exercise--just READING about it won't accomplish the same thing...