Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 10:50 AM   #1  

Post Room for another newbie?

Hello everyone, I want to say that I am so encouraged by all the positive post here. I have been lurking for about a week and decided to join in. I am a wife and mother of 2 ages 3 & 5. I have always been heavy even in high school. Food has always been the center of my word. I love to cook and especially love to eat. I have made excuses for all of my bad habits (overweight parents) all my life and am detemined to change. I currently weigh 230 lbs which is more than I did at my heaviest pregnancy weight. I started my new year with a new outlook on food. I am determined to get the weight off. My Valentines goal is 10 lbs. My ulitmate weight goal is 130 lbs although that may be unrealistic considering I probably weighed that in 7th grade. I just want everyone to know that I am very encouraged by all the positive attitudes here and hope that I can be encouragement to everyone else.

Carol
Old 01-04-2002, 11:01 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hey Carol glad to have you aboard! join in the fun and support. I have to say we are a great group of girls, and we go through ups and downs all the time, so if it gets a bit bumpy just hang tighter and we will hold on you!!

Do you have a specific plan youare following?

Try to focus on the 10 by Valentines, do not thing of the rest. If you are 230 now how tall are you if you want to lose about 130?

OOPS my mistake! I read it wrong, but actually it is not an unrealistic question do not plan on getting smaller that a realistic goal weight. Depending on your height your weight may be different that what you weighed when you were in high school.

You should go for a weight goal that is realistic and to have about 20%body fat. Any thing to low can affedt yoru hormones (below 10%) Pluss you have to have some fat for the boobs??? that is a good few lbs them selves (if you are built like me) .

Last edited by nasus40; 01-04-2002 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-06-2002, 01:39 AM   #3  

Default New too!

Hi Carol. I too am new to this board. I have decided to take my fitness a little more serious than I have been. Did rather well up until the holidays. Haven't been to the gym in about 3 weeks (ugh).

I too weigh in at about 230 lbs. At least I did last summer. I would also like to know how you are going to go about your weight loss. Right now my only tool is that I have a fractured molar which does limit me from eating hard foods. So that pretty much cuts out on the candy and chips. Which has helped dramatically. I do plan on cutting back on my servings, drinking tons of water, and then of course the exercise. Which I actually view as my time away from the kids for an hour. I have three children ages, 5 (almost 6), 4 and 1 yo. Then of course there's the 30 yo child (aka dh). I myself am 31, going to be 32 in about a month YIKES! Talk about a reality check! I would like to do the 10 lbs weight loss goal with you if you'd like. E-mail me here and I'll get back in touch with you. I could really use the support myself.

Thanks!

Tina
Old 01-06-2002, 07:02 AM   #4  

Carol & Tina

Welcome to the group, and all the best. There are some really great people here who will keep you going through the hard times.

Good Luck.

Karen
260.5/173.5/140
Old 01-06-2002, 12:55 PM   #5  

Thanks to everyone for your support. I am basically counting calories and fat grams. I think that I am going to start Weight Watchers for some accountability but I have a hard time fitting meetings into my schedule. I will decide this week after I register for my classes at school to see if I can make any of the meetings in my area. There are only 3 so it's pretty limited. I haven't been able to exercise due to the weather and having a pretty bad sinus infection. I hope I can start walking first of the week.

Tina- Sounds like we are on the same page. I have 2 little ones ages 3 and 5. I would love to buddy up.
Closed Thread