Switched to Soy Milk and bought Kashi Go Lean

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Since I heard all you guys talking about Kashi Go Lean cereal, I had to get me some. I like it! I bought some soy milk cause I am slowly easing into a Vegan diet. Slowly I tell ya......but anyway I had some cereal with the soy milk and it wasn't that bad! I think I can actually give up milk now. I never used to drink a lot of it anyway, just with cereal. Now I have a new favorite milk and a new favorite cereal! Lots of protein and fiber should help keep me full and I can drink the soy milk and not feel guilty about having cows milk.

Does anybody else like soy milk? Anybody tried soy cheese? It looks kind of scary, but I know people eat it all the time.
  • I like soy milk, but some brands are better than others. 8th Continent soy milk is my favorite. I also love almond milk.

I buy soy feta cheese that's really good!
  • I have drunk soy milk( I like vanilla ), and I have bought this veggie cheese, cheddar flavor and loved it. I am glad you like it!!!
    cheryl
  • I like Silk soy milk, but I tend to buy organic skim cow's milk instead because I count calories and soy milk is higher. Not by much, but every calorie counts with me. I have such a sweet tooth, it's tragic. Some of the soy cheeses are okay, but I prefer the rice cheeses. The texture's a little better, at least for me.
  • Eighth Continent light vanilla. It's especially good on the twiggy cereals.
  • Every morning for breakfast I eat Go Lean with light vanilla soy milk. I love it! I also sprinkle a little cinnamon on my cereal because cinnamon is very good for you. I sometimes sprinkle some chopped walnuts if I want the cereal to stay with me all the way till my lunch. That works well when I'm in school. Oh and I love sliced strawberries on top. It's my favorite meal of the day.
  • Welcome to the world of soy LOL. I used to think I could never give up milk...But I usually just use it for cereal and slim fast shakes, and the soy milk is a great substitue.

I heart Kashi too!
  • Quote: Eighth Continent light vanilla. It's especially good on the twiggy cereals.
    Same here! I love the 8th Continent soy milk!
  • Ooohhh, may I express some jealousy? The vanilla soy milk sounds so yummy but I can't eat anything with soy in it. I'm pretty sure I've got some sort of allergy because it makes me very very sick. I wonder if there's any way to make my regular milk vanilla flavored... hmmmm I must think on that some more.

That said, I bought some Kashi Go Lean Crunch at Sam's Club yesterday and put 1/2 cup in with my yogurt and fresh fruit... to die for!! Thanks for all of the recommendations, I don't think I'd have tried it if you ladies hadn't convinced me.
  • I have never really done soy milk - the cost is kind of prohibitive - but I really like to make brown rice milk. Cheap, easy, and tasty. There are lots of recipes on the internet, but I just blend rice milk with some water and vanilla (can't remember exact measurements - one of those just-do-it recipes for me). Then I strain the rice particles, which I sometimes will use in other recipes, and it's done.
  • I started using vanilla soy milk in my coffee. Cost is also an issue, but so far the half-gallon is in its second week. Now I can't drink coffee with the creamer I was so addicted to! I haven't tried it in anything else yet.
  • Quote: Ooohhh, may I express some jealousy? The vanilla soy milk sounds so yummy but I can't eat anything with soy in it. I'm pretty sure I've got some sort of allergy because it makes me very very sick.
    If you are allergic to soy, then don't eat "Kashi Go Lean Crunch" as it has a lot of soy in it! Actually, soy is in many products that may not appear to contain soy, so be careful!
  • Quote: Does anybody else like soy milk? Anybody tried soy cheese?
    I'm vegan so I don't eat *any* animal products (all animal milks and cheeses, flesh, honey or bee products) and I have been vegan for many years. If you need any guidance, let me know!

I like soy milk (Silk with flax oil is my favorite and I also drink unsweetened of various sorts) and vegan cheese. "Vegan Gourmet" cheese is the only really tasty one available in any of the areas I have seen (in several states from west coast to east coast).
  • Gale, try almond milk. It rocks. I like the vanilla almond milk even better.
  • I'm so glad that I don't like milk that much. I can handle Soy Milk on an occasional basis (Vanilla is my favorite) but it definitely tastes a LOT different than milk... if I ever have milk, I go with 1%, personally it is worth it. I can't stand Skim... I would rather eat my cereal dry, as I often do...

BUT, conversely, I love Kashi -- they have great products