Starting Fresh and Looking for a Diet Buddy!

• Hello! I am Jess and I have been a member of these boards for a few months now. I had my breaking point last weekend and I am ready to truly commit to upgrading my health.

I am 30 years old - been married 11 years.
    My long-term goal is to lose around 130 pounds.

I am looking for a diet buddy. I really find inspiration from the members of this community and I want to take it a step further by teaming up with someone of similar goals that is also ready to commit. So if you are just starting out, starting fresh, or just need a partner to lean on, send me a message.

I would love to hear from you! With support from each other, we can all succeed!
  • Do you have a blog? I couldnt live without mine. Sometimes mine can be blah with just exercise/food stuff but it has really helped me come as far as I have.

Check mine out. Id love to be your buddy.
  • Jess8, Baileysmomma I would love to be buddies! I have tried to get something going for personal support, to no avail. We are close to the same size too! (I am a little taller and heavier ).
  • Hello, ladies! My name is Jess, too, and this is the very reason I joined 3FC. I am tall as well, and although I don't have quite as much to lose (30-40 lbs), I plan on sticking around on 3FC to maintain for quite a while, because we all know that this is a lifestyle change (I'm sure you haven't heard that enough). I have a blog, called "girl toward svelte" on this site, and I admit I am blogging a few times a day right now (new to the site), but I would love to hear a few more encouraging responses on my blog, or have some fellow dieters to check in with at least once a week. When I had a buddy 2 years ago, I lost 20 lbs that summer, so it really makes a difference! I am cheering all of you on, and soon enough, and with some determination, we can be healtheir, sexier people! I would love to have a buddy, or a team: let me know what you all think.
  • Audreymonroe, I am in San Diego and would love to be buddies! I keep trying to meet up with local buddies for face to face support (even if it only happens every once in a while) but everyone seems too busy to do it! PM me if you are interested.
  • Hi there, SoulBliss! First off, I am a 2nd year law student and all my time is spent at the library, or at home, hopefully working out. I'm not sure when we could meet face to face, but that does not mean in the least that we could not be motivational buddies! Whenever I get 15 minutes of "in between time", I'm usually looking up diet recipies to try, new exercises, checking my blog, etc. So I would really appreciate having a weight-loss buddy to, at least, electronically check in with regularly and keep each other on track. One other thing, I'm new to the forum, and am generally not computer savey, and I don't know what "PM" means, so I guess at the moment I cannot PM you, although I am interested. Leave me a response on this forum, or on my blog, and hopefully we can workout a system to keep in touch, and in check!
  • Hi Jess8! I see that you have been a member for a few months. I'm glad you've renewed your commitment to lose the weight. Weight loss IS a doable thing and you most certainly CAN lose the weight.

I think that we have a great group going here. Lots of support, encouragment and adivce going back and forth. So feel free to use the 100lb club as your own personal "buddy system". Post often so that we get to know you. Jump right on in and get involved! Good luck to you.

audreymonroe, first of all - welcoome to 3FC!! A PM is a private message that you send to a person privately, so that only they see it. It's a good way to correspond when you only want to speak with them. Or you have a particular question what you would like addressed to only them. You send one by clicking on the users name on the left side of the screen. When you click on their name a few options will appear. One of them is to send a private message. Click on that, and you're on your way. Good luck to you.
  • Hi Jess,
    Welcome to 3FC, I am glad you came here to join us.
    cheryl
  • Quote: I think that we have a great group going here. Lots of support, encouragment and adivce going back and forth. So feel free to use the 100lb club as your own personal "buddy system". Post often so that we get to know you. Jump right on in and get involved! Good luck to you.

Exactly.. this place is wonderful and everyones friendly/helpful.
  • I wanna be buddies too!

IM 5 10 and weighing in at 216.
  • Supportive as Usual!
    Hey girls! Wow, thanks for the support and motivation. I learned very quickly how powerful this community is when it comes to teaming up and fighting the difficult battle together.

I would be more than willing to personally team up with anyone who is ready to truly commit to a healthy lifestyle. So send me a private message if that is you.

You can never have too much support!
  • Hi Jess -

I'm just starting out again too and I could definately use a buddy. I've had two great days so far and it has really helped me just reading what people are posting. Everyone is so positive and so nice. I also have to lose 130 - 140 lbs. So let's get going!!!.

Bernadette