Old 09-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #16  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Sheila,

Yes, I have noticed a big difference in weight loss depending on what I eat. Even when I keep my calories between 1600-1800, If I have more than one or two fruits a day or more than 2 servings of whole grains a day, my weight loss stalls. And, I have to be careful what fruits I eat....no high sugar fruits like pineapple or watermelon.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
I also notice that when I eat lots and lots of vegetables that I lose better than if I eat lots of protein.
Me too. I also lose better if I have more fiber & vegetables. I eat 2 servings of vegetables at each snack and at meals. YUM
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #18  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm on Atkins, so my carbs are low. My calories bounce around in a range of 1000-1600 cal/day. I don't pay much attention to controlling the calories, I just count them. I find that once in a while I have a day where carbs are twice as high as my usual range, and it seems not to hurt anything. The nature of low-carbing, for me anyway, includes very little highly processed food. Except maybe sucralose and soy sauce, and I'm not real sure about the soy sauce. I do a LOT of stir-fry with sesame oil (extremely healthy stuff) and 5-spice and soy sauce. Once in a while I go back to strict induction. This seems to be working pretty well, though I don't have the dramatic losses some of us get. My last lipid panel, the first since I started atkins, was so dramatically improved that my dr. emailed me to ask me if I'd become a vegetarian! I told him no, I've added a pound of butter and half a cow a day, supplemented by bacon and eggs, pint of heavy cream, and a pot of strong coffee...

Right now I'm on a low-carb dessert kick, using almond flour and flax meal instead of flour. Add other qulity stuff like eggs, butter, sour cream, cream cheese, heavy cream (notice a trend, here?), fresh fruit, and artificial sweetener (oops). This all sounds absolutely ruinous, but I can't believe how much healthier I am, and my cholesterol has plummeted. And weightloss is seady, around 10 lbs. a month. Go figure! The thing that most influences my rate of weight loss is exercise. Hot, sweaty exercise.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote